(Closed) August 2013 Brides… When to mail STD?

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: When to mail STD (not for destination wedding)
    1 year : (4 votes)
    17 %
    9 - 10 months : (5 votes)
    22 %
    8 months : (11 votes)
    48 %
    Other : (3 votes)
    13 %
  • Post # 3
    3417 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

You are supposed to mail STD’s about 4-6 months before.  Anything sooner and people may forget or it may get lost, thrown out etc.  Anything later and it may as well be an invitation.

Post # 4
    3471 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

6 months is usually best– much more than that and people will likely forget.  

If you’re looking for wedding type things, have you started looking at venues, or interviewing caterers & bakeries? How about honeymoon planning? Those were my favorite parts 🙂

Post # 6
    108 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Im posting mine this week! I would have waited another month or so, but we are having it interstate so there will travelling for some guests involved…

(and I’m way too excited! They are in a nice neat pile on my dining table, just waiting for me to post haha!)

Post # 8
    11234 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

We’re sending ours out ~1 year. We should be getting our engagement pictures back soon, then I need to order the Save-The-Date Cards and then they’ll get sent out. We have 85%+ Out of Town guests, so it’ll just be easier to send them now with the URL for our wedding website, than to answer a billion questions when we see people.

The topic ‘August 2013 Brides… When to mail STD?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors