(Closed) August 2013 Centerpiece Ideas

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I don’t have any inspiration photos, BUT we’re doing votives (white or ivory) in clear holders of different sizes (from the Dollar Store), milk glass (possibly with flowers, if I buy them wholesale; milk glass is from my own collection and my grandma’s), wine bottles painted matte black (recucled from our own…collection, haha) with silver painted branches from the yard, , and a bigger clear glass cylinder with a pillar candle in in it with something wrapped around it. 

I wanted to find black or unfinished wooden pillar holders and/or silver candlestick holders, but I can’t find them for cheap. 

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

]

I Love this idea just different flowers

Post # 6
4653 posts
Honey bee

Half of my tables will have mason jars with Gerber Daisies like this…

And the other half will have these with gerbras in them! (1-3 per bottle) and 3 bottles to a table!

Post # 7
4653 posts
Honey bee

Oh with these at each table setting with the persons name written on them and 3-5 around the centerpiece with things like LOVE, To have and Hold, We tied the knot, ect…

Post # 8
371 posts
Helper bee

We’re doing bowls filled with candles and carnival throwsas centerpieces for our large tables; the glass would have a fleur de lis painting on the side. Inspired by these:

http://edgofbeverlyhills.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/h59_46661.jpg

http://cdn.indulgy.com/jc/ie/sH/49469295876499308TTV3RkBgc.jpg

On the small marble-top tables to the side, we were considering tall candles and mini Venetian masks like this:

Post # 9
425 posts
Helper bee

We will be doing something like this with white green and blue flowers. For the table name/#, we will be hanging matted photographs from VT that Fiance has taken. Depending on costs we might have some short ones too but not sure yet!

Post # 10
247 posts
Helper bee

I’m loving this picture. We will be doing votives though, rather than candlesticks. Our venue doesn’t allow open flame.

Post # 11
4653 posts
Honey bee

I love everyones centerpeices! 

@his chippymunk:  are you planning on long or round tables? I think your vision would work best with Long tables dont you?

@soon.to.be.mrs.odom:  I was thinking of doing that too but so afraid that the citrus would kill my flowers (even though I am sure they would be fine… I am just strange like that)

@cajungirl81:  I really like the 2nd picture! 

@VermontBride13:  What kinds of flowers are you thinking of? I think some green hydranga could give you the fullness of that look with a smaller pricetag πŸ™‚

@Lakelyn:  Those are so pretty! it is a bummer about the no candlesticks but I am sure the votives will look just as pretty!

Post # 12
3 posts
Wannabee

I was thinking hydrengas, I am absolutely in love with them. However, the other day I cut some from outside and they were instantly droopy and dead within a day. I will most likely be buying flowers wholesale and creating them myself. Anyone have any suggestions on how to incorporate these flowers into your wedding without having them wilt almost instantly?

Post # 13
3297 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

@samack:  

I love hydrangeas as well. I’m thinking that I will have proper ones from a florist in my bouquet and will use silk ones for decor in small doses.

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee

@MsPanda:  The store where I work sells them as Christmas ornaments; I picked some up at the end-of-season sale for about $2 each. And Michael’s 50% off coupons & I are getting to be very good friends. Will post more once I have all of the pieces together for a full-size mock-up.

By The Way, has anyone seen a stencil for a fluer de lis pattern…?  It would make my life much eacher than having to freehand the design on every single candle holder…

Post # 15
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Here’s my inspiration pic!!  Instead of just one little deer, though, imagine a set of salt and pepper shakers like the second pic  πŸ™‚  I’ve got a different set of animals for each table!!  So excited about these :3

Post # 16
4653 posts
Honey bee

@cajungirl81:  What a great buy and I am sure I can find one for you just give me some time lol!

@elysion:  Those are so cool and those little deer are SOOO cute 

The topic ‘August 2013 Centerpiece Ideas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors