(Closed) August 2013 countdown…

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MsPanda:  Me too! Except I don’t count minutes lol. We’re thisclose to being date twins. I’m just waiting to hear back from our venue that they received the contract :).

Post # 4
707 posts
Busy bee

496 days here! A coworker who just got engaged on Valentine’s Day is having a super short engagement and mentioned a few days ago that her wedding was only 73 days away. I announced mine was 500 days away and everyone laughed 🙂 Oh well! I would be stressed to the max if I had less than 4 months to plan! Glad I have you ladies to count down with, though!

Post # 6
4352 posts
Honey bee

@ejay15:  I was Maid/Matron of Honor for a girl who had a 3 month engagement last year. I was “waiting” at the time and had been with Fiance for 3.5 years. She had been with her Boyfriend or Best Friend for 9 months before they got engaged. I think the only thing she planned was her dress. Her Mother-In-Law planned the rest, including the bridal shower, depsite the other Bridesmaid or Best Man and I attempting to throw it or at least help. In retrospect I’m not jealous.

Post # 7
707 posts
Busy bee

@asscherlover:  OMG I wouldn’t be jealous either…at least with the Mother-In-Law, as Maid/Matron of Honor and bridesmaids, you didn’t have to do all of the “duties” in such a short period of time. This coworker of mine had only been with her Fiance 6-7 months when they got engaged! And now they’re having a 4 month engagement. What’s the rush?? They’re going to be married before they even hit the one-year mark. I keep thinking how nice it is to be able to spread all of this planning stuff out and we’re going to be able to afford a wedding with a lot of the “extras” since we’re having a longer engagement.

Post # 8
4352 posts
Honey bee

@ejay15:  This couple was married at about 11 months into their relationship. My favorite point was where the bride asked me what she should get her Darling Husband for their 1 year anniversary. I thought to myself “um you’re the one getting married, shouldn’t I be asking you for relationship advice?” and then actually told her to “wait until after the wedding to figure it out and get him something off of the registry that they wanted but a guest didn’t purchase”.

They had a very different wedding than Fiance and I will. We are having a large formal wedding and theirs was very casual courthouse wedding and home reception. I know part of why they got married/engaged so quickly is because she isn’t a citizen, and her student visa was going to expire. They seem happy though, so I really can’t judge. Plus shes older than me (she was 24 then, I’m turning 22 in June).

I’m glad were having a long engagement just because it gave us a lot longer to save. And my parents didn’t decide they were paying for anything until about 8 months in, so if we had a short engagement I doubt we would have found out until after the wedding. I’m the first kid to get married so it took them awhile to figure out what they wanted to do.

Post # 9
214 posts
Helper bee

Fiance and I were pretty much engaged within months of meeting, When we get married we will of been together for 2 years…. The countdown is FREAKING me out, 505 days people! Because there seems to be so much I need to do. Especially in terms of saving. We have to mke a decision on a few things,but our major details are 90% agreed. Ok, major for everyone else. I am not even LOOKING at my dress until My trainer and I have done 3 months of hard graft.

Post # 11
707 posts
Busy bee

@MsPanda:  YAY! I love adding money to our wedding fund!!

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee

465 days!

Post # 15
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Fiance and I have been LDR since we started dating, so our entire relationship has been one big countdown.  ___ days till we see each other again, ___ days until we book the next trip, etc.  This is one countdown I’m glad I don’t have to worry about for at least a little bit!  As long as MsPanda keeps up the monthly to-do lists, I’ll be okay 🙂

The topic ‘August 2013 countdown…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors