(Closed) August 2013 – DIY projects??

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 4
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I haven’t come up with any DIY projects yet. I’m not very crafty, and a lot of the things I want are things we will just end up buying. I would like to do at least one DIY project though!

Post # 5
4653 posts
Honey bee

I love you DIY list so far! SO i will show mind πŸ™‚

Adding ribbon to this necklace to make it a bit longer to sit right! (it is a Semi DIY)

We are DIYing all our own flowers πŸ™‚ these (minus the ribbon on top will be on half of the tables.

And the other half will have 3 spray pained (in our colors) Wine bottles with Gerbras in them too!

Our bouquets will be these (mine the one with the hydranga)

Oh and I am putting these in my bouquet (just need to decide if i want more or if these will be enough…)

These will be our table numbers but we will have a base for them so they can stand on there own (not sure if we are going to have the chalk board paint or just write on the hearts yet… and we might drop the twine)

I will be doing these for my candle holders (to go along with the mason jars) they will also double as the seating card!

Plus so much more I cant even think of right now (and sorry it was so pic heavy)

Post # 9
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

– Centerpieces – need to remove the labels from the spray paint wine bottles (black), and then the rest are candle holders and milk glass

– Bouquets – assembling these (um, next year, haha) when we get the flowers

– Boutonnieres – probably DIYing these

– Table runners – need to purchase the burlap and cut it

– Bridesmaids’ gifts – making these bags in each girl’s favorite color, with something like these in them, and these necklaces (DIYing these in their favorite colors, if I can find the right gems)

Post # 10
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’m just joining today and I’m going to be an August 2013 DIY-er :D!

We are in the beginning early stages, haven’t booked anywhere but I’m hoping to have the reception in my backyard. If we do then I think I’ll be DIYing almost everything

• Table linens
  • place settings
  • centerpieces
  • all decor, I have half a million things pinned on Pintrest for outdoor decor, mostly lights in mason jars
  • possibly a dance floor, fiance is very handy, but I really hope he buys me a gazebo or pergola before next summer that would serve this purpose
  • a King’s Throne type chair for fiance, we have a queen one already
  • growing all my own flowers

Ceremony, etc:

• save the dates
  • invites
  • boquets

• my jewelry

I have no pics because it’s all on Pintrest

Post # 11
765 posts
Busy bee

I finally thought about a couple of DIY projects I plan on doing.

1. Painting the bottom of my shoes.

2. Unity candle. It’s really just a semi-DIY project (but for me it’s really an accomplishment).  

Post # 12
4653 posts
Honey bee

@his chippymunk:  Oh I am doing the bottom of my shoes too!

Everyone is giving me so many more DIY project Ideas my list is getting SO MUCH LONGER!

Post # 14
425 posts
Helper bee

@elysionI was going to ask where you got the flip flops so thanks! They look great. I might have to steal this idea (if you dont mind) Are you just keeping it at 15? I don’t know how many I should get for a wedding of 120??

@his chippymunkI completely understand not being crafty, I am not either and don’t have too much on my list. Alot of semi-DIY.

So for DIY, I am making a Groom Survival Gift as his day of present. I will also be making our out of town bags. We are making our STD’s, favor tags, “&” sign for our chairs, moss covered cake base, mason jar decorations (flowers and candles) for the ceremony and reception, and table #’s (using FI’s photographs to identify each table, possibly burning or painting frames too). Oh and maybe dancing flip flops =)

Post # 16
371 posts
Helper bee

We’re making our stationary, centerpieces, and maybe a few other items (my mother suggested candy-making but the trial run turned out a very messy fail) I’m also designing personalized gift sets for the bridal party with all of their favorites inside, and yes that includes the bags; here’s one mostly finished.

The topic ‘August 2013 – DIY projects??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors