(Closed) August 2013 – DIY projects??

posted 9 years ago in August 2013
Post # 17
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hi August 2013 Bees! I just finished my first DIY project! Even though it was really easy, I’m super excited about it because I’m not crafty AT ALL. I bought all the letters (already white) from Michaels plus a long piece of plywood that I cut, sanded, and painted white to use as a base for each one. Once the paint was dry, I glued the letters on. I think they turned out really well! I’m planning on having them on our sweetheart table at the reception. I was going to do the signs on the backs of the chairs, but I’m pretty sure our backs will be facing a wall so no one would even see them!

This was my inspiration (from Pinterest of course!)

Post # 18
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@ejay15:  I LOVE your “MR” and “MRS” signs! They turned out great! So simple, but they will make a huge difference! Very nice! I might have to steal that ideal from you in order to start the creative juices and get them flowing! haha. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 20
707 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Melissa_Elsa:  Thank you! And teal away! It was a great starter project and only around $20 ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
@elysion:  Thanks! I love the chair signs, but I thought this was such a cute idea, too!

Post # 21
214 posts
Helper bee

I will be having Mr and Mrs signs that will be finished by me, haven’t decided about the invites. As much as I love the print suites, I panic about the stress of me having to sort it all. Fiance is really good, but I am a teensy bit of a control freak!

I am considering doing individual cookies as favours, but we’ll see!

Really aware of not putting too much pressure on myself toward the big day, really trying to make sure I don’t take on too much.

Post # 22
425 posts
Helper bee

So we finished our first DIY project with our Wedding Tree Guest Book. I originally wanted the thumbrpint tree but worried not too many people will enjoy stamping their fingerprint and getting messy so decided to pre print the leaves and just have guests sign. What do you think? Should we re do the leaves and/or change anything?

Post # 24
425 posts
Helper bee

@elysion: Thanks! I am having Fiance test print a smaller version today to see how it looks on paper. And yeah I am not really sure how many to do. I think we have 50 there. but there is the white space for other signatures.

Post # 25
9124 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@VermontBride13:  It look awesome!  Good idea, so people don’t have to mess with ink.

Where in VT are you from and getting married?  I went to college in Middlebury – i love love love that state.

Post # 26
425 posts
Helper bee

@lolot: Thanks! We are getting married at Stratton Mountain in Southern VT. We moved up to Southern VT 4 years ago and definitely fell in Love. Are you still in the area?

Post # 27
Hostess
3367 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

So far I have done our save the dates 

anddd our aisle runner. It’s made of beach mats and it’s lined with rose petals, fake of course.

Lots more to do! I need to make a list at some point….. 

Post # 28
9124 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

View original reply
@VermontBride13:  Oh, that area is gorgeous!  No, I’m a Rocky Mountains girl at heart and live in Wyoming… It’s the least populated state, and VT is 2nd – apparently I like mountains more than people ๐Ÿ˜‰

On the original topic – I’m hoping to make a bunch of colorful bunting this winter, and I want my Fiance to build us a colorful wooden altar from which to hang a bunch of flowers in bottles/jars.  I’m also making our save the dates in Photoshop and I’ll post those when I get around to em.  These DIYs are all really great and inspiring!

Post # 30
Hostess
3367 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@elysion:  Thank you! The aisle runner is actually done finally. ๐Ÿ™‚ The rose petals were the last step to that one. I think that’s going to be my most time consuming project. It took FOREVER. 

The topic ‘August 2013 – DIY projects??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors