(Closed) August 2013- Flowers

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

If anyone takes the time to reorganize that list by color I will be eternally grateful.

ETA: Or just the red flowers, because I want a red bouquet ๐Ÿ˜›

Post # 6
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  I know they exist, I just haven’t seen one that does colors and seasons. Not that anyone has to do it, but if someone needs something to do and ends up doing it, I won’t complain Wink

Post # 7
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  You’re amazing! Do you need another task? Because I could come up with one lol

Post # 9
1576 posts
Bumble bee

Had my first ever meeting with a florist and was quoted $200 as the minimum for a bridal bouquet. !!!!!!! I mean I know I’m in expensive New jersey, but what is that?? All four of the alter arrangements add up to $250. How can one bouquet cost as much as 4 arrangements??

I’m gonna like go cry in a corner for two days before I get up the strength to go talk to more of these crazy florists.

Thank God the reception venue supplies free fake centerpieces. Thank you thank you thank you, Hotels Unlimited.

Oh did I mention $15 for a pew bow? One bow!! No flowers, just a bow.

Like I said, I’ll be in the corner.

How are the rest of my August 2013 Bees doing on flowers?

Post # 10
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

That’s a crazy amount of money!  But I know it’s about the same in Chicago ๐Ÿ™

I got luuuuuuucky in that FI’s mom and his aunt will be doing our bouquets for us (centerpieces will be diy by Fiance and me), but I still have to gather inspiration pictures and stuff so they actually know what I want.  

Post # 11
4352 posts
Honey bee

@koi424:  Now you’re scaring me lol. I’m in NJ too and I’m nervous about talking to florists. I did figure out our inspiration (for bouquets and boutonnieres):

I want a red bouquet and boutonnier for me and my Fiance, and white bouquets/boutonnieres for everyone else. Many thanks to those who voted in my poll earlier this week ;). My bouquet will have less dark red than the inspiration and I’m going to try to the same flowers throughout to tie it all together. I’m also only going to use in season flowers.

I’ll deal with centerpieces (probably not flowers) and church decorations later. They will be DIY.

Post # 12
1576 posts
Bumble bee

I had $340 set aside for the church so that actually comes out right on target. I just thought I’d get more than 6 pew bows for that money.

The boutonniere’s were about where I expected at $12 each.

It’s just the bouquets. $200 for mine and $100 gets me a small maid’s bouquet. The bouquet budget is like twice as much as I had thought it would be.

And $35 for a wrist corsage means I’m probably not giving any of those out. ๐Ÿ™‚

I really just wanted to hire this guy because he does the flowers at our church year round and everyone loves him. But I’m gonna have to go ask around and see what else is out there because I don’t feel like this is money well spent.

Post # 13
241 posts
Helper bee

I am having the hardest time figuring out flowers for me and my bridesmaids.

Our wedding colours are a Jewel-tone green and gold. I need to have at least two sunflowers in my bouquet.  It’s crazy.

Post # 14
425 posts
Helper bee

@koi424: Have you tried finding out what flowers are in season during August? My Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets are around $50-$65. Mine was a little more like $100-$150. Im using white and green in season flowers so it brought the cost down. Just adding a few gardenias to mine brought it up to $250! So the type of flowers can definitely make a difference. OR maybe use this person for the church but find a less expensive place for the other flowers??

@Beaukat: I would probably go to a florist and see what she/he suggests especially because an out of season flower could be so expensive. I had searched flowers and fell in love but it was pretty expensive so had to go without it because I didn’t want to spend a fortune when I could get a similar flower for so much less.

Post # 15
757 posts
Busy bee

I have a friendor for my flowers, so she is just charging us a flat fee for all of the centerpieces, three bouquets, three flower halos for the little girls, and one boutonierre. It was really important to me that she uses local flowers that are in season, since our wedding is in a garden I really don’t want to have flowers that you can’t see anywhere in the huge grounds. 

If its helpful though, my bouquet is all zinnias, dahlias, and cottage roses since those are all in season in the northeast in August. I have no idea what the centerpieces will be, since she is just going to get whatever looks good that. week. 

Post # 16
4352 posts
Honey bee

I got my first quote for flowers today :). $237 for a bridal bouquet, 3 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 groom boutonniere, 3 groomsmen boutonnieres, and 2 usher boutonnieres. Now I’m debating having floral centerpieces and church decorations which I assumed would have been out of budget.

The topic ‘August 2013- Flowers’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors