(Closed) August 2013 Honeymoons

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@ejay15:  Mr. Cajun and I had actually discussed that…then decided that we’d visit the Carribbean when it wasn’t hurricane season to avoid the issue altogether.  Instead, we’re probably going to the Tetons for some much-deserved peace and quiet.

Post # 4
4653 posts
Honey bee

Fi and I have talked about it and we just know we are going to do something laid back (NO FLYING REQUIRED) we are thinking of going semi local and just hanging out or a cruise I guess it all depends on our budget.

Post # 5
1512 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Even though I’m September, I’m commenting, haha. We’re talking about a cruise, but I’m keeping an eye out on Groupon. I’ve seen a lot of great all-inclusive deals on there. We’re waiting until spring-ish next year to seriously browse around and hopefully find a great deal on there.

Something like this: http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-grand-palladium-vallarta-resort-spa?c=all&p=14

Post # 6
425 posts
Helper bee

@ejay15Fiance and I talked about the same thing. We both really want to go to the Carribean but I am nervous our honeymoon could be ruined with a hurricane. I think we are going to go to St Lucia, they have all inclusive Sandals Resorts there and its far enough south to be out of the hurrican belt. Aruba, Bonaire, and Curarco are also out of the belt but I believe only Aruba has all inclusive. 

Post # 7
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

wow I didn’t realize August is hurricane season for the Carribbean!!  We’ve only talked about it a little bit and I think I’ve convinced Fiance that after the wedding we’re going to want a nice relaxing all inclusive resort… I was thinking the Carribbean or Fiji (because I randomly saw an ad for a resort there LoL)…

Post # 8
765 posts
Busy bee

Fiance and I have always dreamed of going to Hawaii, so we will be island hoping for 2 weeks (hopefully). Except our honeymoon will be delayed. We are getting married during the school year, so neither of us will be able to go right after the wedding; so, we hope to go in December/January after the wedding. We will be taking a mni-moon the weekend of the wedding (so happy it is a long weekend – Labor Day), but we haven’t decided where.

Post # 9
107 posts
Blushing bee

well Im estatic because me and my soon to be won a free honeymoon from a bridal show I went to,we just have to cover our own transportation there but we can choose from,Dominican Republic,Mexico, or Costa Rica its for 3 days 2 nights all inclusive but the good thing is if we want to extend our days it will still be all inclusive and we get 50% off any extra days we want to book at the hotel whoohoooo

Post # 10
750 posts
Busy bee

we are going to Italy!!! Not entirely sure where in Italy exactly…but we love doing tours and taking in all the historic sights while still being able to go to the beach if we feel like it. However, we won’t be able to afford this for a year or two after the wedding probably…so after the wedding we are going to take a mini-honeymoon up North for a weekend getaway. haha if any of that makes sense!

Post # 11
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@kkish3:  Oooh I think this is a great idea!!  We actually just got a new credit card for the wedding, it’s the United mileage one from Chase so we hoped to get enough free miles for our honeymoon.. but I really don’t think we will actually make it until after we’ve actually had the wedding and paid all the balances which is too late to schedule something right away!  So a mini moon sounds like a perfect solution 😀

Post # 12
750 posts
Busy bee

@elysion:  yes my mother actually suggested it to me…you should definitely do a mini-moon as well!

Post # 13
425 posts
Helper bee

@soccergurlThat is awesome you won a honeymoon. Costa Rica was by far my favorite place to go. Mexico was great too but Costa Rica was beautiful especially with an excursion to the rain forest. 

Post # 16
4653 posts
Honey bee

@ejay15:  I will have to do that! and even more motivation to get into wedding shape lol! I will be spending a lot of time in a bathing suit on the Honeymoon!

The topic ‘August 2013 Honeymoons’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors