(Closed) August 2013 Honeymoons

posted 9 years ago in August 2013
Post # 62
202 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We’re going to St. Thomas and St. John.. U.S. Virgin Islands. I won’t need a passport and we can still experience white sand  beaches. πŸ™‚ Can’t wait!!! Less than 6 months.

It will be hurricane season so we’re going to purchase trip insurance just in case.

Post # 63
158 posts
Blushing bee

We were supposed to go on a cruise to Greece/Italy/France until my dog had emergency surgery, and took away from our honeymoon fund. lol. Instead, we’re going to an all-inclusive resort in Playa Mujeres, Mexico. I couldn’t be more excited! Here’s a pic of the resort:

Post # 64
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CaliBeeBride0813:  I am so sorry to hear about your dog? Is he/she okay? I do love that resort though, looks gorgeous! I am sure it will be the perfect Honeymoon.

Post # 65
158 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@VermontBride13:  Aw, thank you for your concern. His little bones weren’t quite stong enough, and while jumping he fractured his knee. It was horrible. However, fast forward 2 months later, and he’s good as new πŸ™‚ Totally looking forward to the Honeymoon. I’m sure you are too πŸ™‚

Post # 66
1180 posts
Bumble bee

In August I’d be more worried about how hot it will be!  Although on the resort you’ll at least have the option of going to your air conditioned room. My parent’s live in Jamaica and I visit every year but I refuse to go in August.

Post # 67
222 posts
Helper bee

Just found out I got approved for my honeymoon vacation from my work! So we are going to Indonesia from Aug 7-28th, YAY!!

Can’t wait to surf and explore:)

Any suggestions from people who have gone to Bali/Indonesia of must sees/must stays/stay away froms?:)

Post # 68
226 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CaliBeeBride0813:  we’re honeymooning at the same resort! what kind of room did ya’ll book?

Post # 69
118 posts
Blushing bee

My Fiance and I booked our honeymoon to Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia!  Now we are looking through all of the excursions that await us when we arrive.  Soooooo excited!!!

Post # 70
158 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Imean:  Exciting!!! We booked a Rooftop Terrace room! How bout you?? Oh, and if you haven’t already, call the resort and request a complimentary honeymoon package. You’ll get some pretty awesome stuff! πŸ™‚

Post # 71
3822 posts
Honey bee

Thanks to all of the bees who chimed in, Fiance and I selected Napa Valley, California – wine country as our honeymoon destination. πŸ™‚

Post # 72
88 posts
Worker bee

Hence the username “CruziiQ” FH and I will be boarding our second of MANY cruises with Carnival! We love, love, LOVE IT! Best vacation for your money. I am a little nervous about hurricane season though. I told FH that once the Honeymoon is over we are going to start shooting for SPRING cruise vacations! (We went in September last year (where we got engaged) and Isaac came in right before we left. We were lucky to have missed it!)

If anyone has any questions about cruising, PM me! I LOVE to talk about it!

Post # 73
241 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@VermontBride13:  

Which islands are you visiting on your honeymoon?  I’ve never been to the Carribbean… I’m sure Sandals is going to be fabulous!

We ended up selected Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun because they honeymoon suite was available. πŸ™‚  Hopefully it’s awesome – I’ve never done the all-inclusive thing.

Post # 74
226 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CaliBeeBride0813:  we were considering the swim up suite but decided against it for privacy reasons lol we are planning on sitting in the room hot tub every night… thaks for the honeymoon package tip, I am sooo excited the wait is killing me!

Post # 75
158 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Imean:  Our first option was swim up too, but we opted out for the same reason. I’m so excited as well! I wish we can fast forward to August!

Post # 76
425 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@kitakitten:  We are going to St Lucia for ours. You are going to love Mexico. I have been to Riviera Maya and Cancun and loved both places. Plus all inclusive is GREAT!! You don’t have to worry about paying for anything once you get there.

The topic ‘August 2013 Honeymoons’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors