(Closed) August 2013 – Hotel Blocks

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3885 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

You don’t need the hotel info for your STD’s and in fact it’s probably better if you leave it off because people completely zone out on things they hear about a year in advance. Include the hotel info in your invites and if you’re doing a wedding website, put that info up as soon as you get it, but don’t hold your STD’s for that. 

Post # 5
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Could you wait to send the Save The Dates out until right after you can book the hotel block? I dont think a week or two later will be that big a deal 🙂

Post # 7
307 posts
Helper bee

I would just wait a while on the Save-The-Date Cards, because if the hotel isn’t even able to book the rooms yet then there’s not much anyone can get started with anyway. I would just let people who you think need more notice know by word of mouth, and send the STD’s once room blocks are actually bookable

Post # 8
425 posts
Helper bee

I would wait to send until you can finalize the room block. Our wedding venue let us block off our rooms when we signed our contract. And I will also be using them on the STD. 99% of our guests are traveling and waiting until the invite is kind of late. I know some people will wait until the last possible day but there are some people that would want to book ahead of time so I think you should definitely wait to include that info.

Post # 10
425 posts
Helper bee

@asscherloverI think its a good idea and it doesn’t hurt to include it. Guests can use it or wait until the invite.

We are planning on sending in August possibly September depending on when we can get them printed. BUT I also plan to save some and send them around Nov. We have some new friends and I just changed jobs so not sure if I will stay in touch with old coworkers and also what my relationships with new coworkers will be so we will only send the 100% at first.

Post # 12
292 posts
Helper bee

Like @VermontBride13:  I was able to block the rooms when we signed the contract. The rooms aren’t available to reserve until Aug 1, which is fine by me. We just had our e-pics done and our photographer is designing the Save-The-Date Cards for us. Our crowd is pretty internet friendly (read: dependent) so we definitely need to have a wedding website. The block of rooms isnt available to book until Aug 1, but travelling guests can’t buy their plane tickets more than a year in advance anyway.

@asscherlover:  Another thought is maybe ordering the STD with a blank space big enough for a sticker that you can print yourself and stick on after printing? When my sister ordered her Save-The-Date Cards (from snapfish) she totally forgot to include her website, so we printed the hyperlink on mailing labels and stuck them onto each card. This totally depends what your STD looks like. It probably wouldnt work as well on double sided cards

Post # 14
100 posts
Blushing bee

I was able to reserve my block of rooms and the guests must have their reservations made by the middle of July.

The topic ‘August 2013 – Hotel Blocks’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors