(Closed) August 2013- How organized are you?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@MsPandaI am definitely going to steal that idea on labeling boxes!

I am usually super organized but over the past few weeks have become very disorganized with all my wedding stuff. I have all my files on the computer organzied in folders on a zip drive so that is helpful. But all the little stuff I have bought and my magazines are in the corner of the dining room on a side table that I bought for wedding stuff (and now the floor). I was looking for something the other day and actually forgot I had bought some stuff. Next weekend that is my project! I am worried about what I will do with all the stuff in the next year because its already outgrowing its space, maybe steal FI’s photo closet?

Post # 4
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I’m NOT!!  LoL oh boy.  I like the labelling boxes idea too.  I guess I don’t have so much physical stuff yet that it is a bother, but that time is coming soon LoL.

-eta- I’m not too organized when it comes to actual stuff stuff, but about digital files and what not, once I get going I’m pretty good.  Of course, I have to actually get going…

Post # 5
765 posts
Busy bee

I have a zipper 5 star binder with a million different dividers for everything. As far as everything else I haven’t collected enough other things (just have toasting flutes right now) to need boxes, but I’m going start buying stuff and then get Tupperware boxes to store stuff. 

Post # 6
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I have a wedding planning book (Bride’s Essential Wedding Planner?) that’s been largely useless to me. I have a folder or two of actual papers that I’ve gotten, a storage tote (just one for now) of random wedding-related craft stuff, as well.

By far, however, is my favorite thing: two wedding spreadsheets on Google docs (guest list and cost analysis) that are accessible on my phone. They’re really comprehensive, and I’m super proud of them. I also have my Pinterest (although if I had time, I’d split it up in categories) and a private group on Facebook for my bridemaids.

Once I get more physical stuff, I plan on separating it into totes with labels and set-up pictures because I’m not sure when we’ll get to get into the reception venue (we can do it the night before if there’s not an event, which would be amazing because then I can do it…if not, we have two hours before the reception, which BLOWS because that’s only an hour before the ceremony and I have NO ONE to do it then).

Post # 7
765 posts
Busy bee

Oh yeah, I have “The Bride’s Book of Lists,” I found it at Barnes and Noble; its just a small spiral bound book. I haven’t used it much to be honest, but it has lots of questions and to-do lists which is nice.

Post # 9
425 posts
Helper bee

@MsPandaDid you set up a registry? We did pretty early for our engagement party so we wouldn’t end up with a ton of the same things.

I have a planning book too. I looked through it in the beginning but tend to use online more when I have questions (and of course weddingbee)

The topic ‘August 2013- How organized are you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors