(Closed) August 2013- Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
327 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’m a July 2013 bride, but maybe I can help! 

One of the biggest things for me was that I wanted to get married outside.  I’m not a traditional church type of person and so this was extremely important.  However, I am very well aware of the fact that rain is unpredictable.   Everywhere I went, I had to be happy with the rain plan just as much as I would be with the “regular” plan.    I am also concerned about blazing heat and making my guests uncomfortable. 

With that being said, we also had to pay the deposit to use the a “back up room” and I think its worth it.   The rain plan that comes with the our rental is simply a ball room, but there was also the option for the beautiful pavillion.  Definitely I think worth the money so that we’re comfortable in whatever situation we end up with.  I dont want to be upset from moment 1 becasue its raining and my day is “ruined”

Hope that helped!

Post # 4
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

A while ago someone posted on the bee this link that can forecast what the weather will be like: http://theweatherwiz.com/forcast-usa.php

I don’t know how accurate it truly is, but it may help you make your decision!  My ceremony is outdoors and we do have a rain backup that the venue has already planned for.  Personally I did not have a preference either way, but I do think that depending on the sky of course, an outdoor venue can be much more beautiful.  If you have your heart set on an outdoor ceremony and August is not the “rainy season” in your area, I say just go for it! 

Also, umbrellas and rain can make for some wonderful whimsical pictures 😉

Post # 5
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We’re doing an indoor ceremony because it was important to Fiance to get married in his church. I feel like there are too many things that can go wrong with outdoor ceremonies for me to consider them (too hot, too cold, to windy, rain, thunder/lightening). Depending on the state it could be nice though. I’m just too much of a worrier to do it. I do like the advice NVACat posted about liking the backup plan as much as the outdoor plan.

Post # 6
1576 posts
Bumble bee

If it were up to me, i would have picked an outdoor wedding in the spring. But Fiance is catholic and a teacher so it’s an indoor summer wedding. 🙂 But you know – I think it may be for the best. Everything is indoors and air conditioned. I won’t have to worry as much.

Post # 7
449 posts
Helper bee

we will be having an outdoor ceremony in august 2013. if its anything like this year it will be blazing hot out. our back up rain plan is a small second building on the same property (free with our depoist)

the only issue i have is it being too hot out ( but the ceremony is only 15-30 minutes long) then our reception will also be outdoors.

Post # 8
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

We are having an outdoor wedding if it rains we will go in the barn where the reception is. We will also be providing fans for guesta and it won’t be a long ceremony.

Post # 10
4653 posts
Honey bee

I am crazy at this point I dont have a Rain plan… AHHH but we have been looking into getting a tent but with all the prices of rentals and everything adding up I may have to go from family property to an actual venue… But the Venue I would want does have a back up plan (in form of a tent)

Post # 11
750 posts
Busy bee

@MsPanda:  I know we are looking into a tent as well…but when you have a lot of guests it is seriously pricy! We are also considering just renting a venue now…ahhh can’t decide! I’ve always wanted outdoor but it is seriously a lot of work.

Post # 13
750 posts
Busy bee

@VermontBride13:  Yes at my father’s property…he has a beautiful pond that he has also turned into a beach 🙂 and his property is full of trees and there’s a small grape vineyard, he has a horshoe pit, too. It is huge which is perfect because my guest list is at about 90 right now.

Post # 14
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We’re having an outdoor ceremony. Our rain plan is, “It’s water, get over it.” IF rain ends up in the forecast, we’ll tell people to bring umbrellas or buy a bunch of cheap ones to hand out. If it’s going to be super hot, we’re going to buy cheap bottles of water and put cute labels on them and maybe make program fans. It’s not going to be a long ceremony, so as long as it doesn’t downpour, we’ll be okay. 

Post # 16
243 posts
Helper bee

This has been a constant debate since we’ve been looking for a venue.  My parents would rather an outside venue while my Fiance wants everything indoors.  I am trying to compromise: We will have the ceremony in a church (indoors), have the cocktail hour outside on the porch of our venue, and then go inside for dinner and dancing.  Good luck as you make your decision! I’m sure either option will be beautiful.

The topic ‘August 2013- Indoor vs Outdoor Ceremony’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors