Post # 1
June is still a few days away; so there’s still time to get some of that May to-do list accomplished.
What did you bees get accomplished; and what are you bees hoping to get accomplished before June 1st?!
Post # 3
- found shoes
- found veil (not going order until July or August)
- found a monogram
- inquired about harpist for cocktail hour and reception
- inquired about string quartet for ceremony
- inquired DJ for reception
- inquired about photobooth
Things I still plan on getting accomplished in May:
- updating wedding blog
- updating wedding website
- scheduling appointments with florist
- buying monogram
- compiling final guest list (hopefully; my Fiance and mom are being a little slow)
- cleaning out wedding photos
- organizing wedding binder
Post # 4
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
I don’t think I’m going to get much else done for may except some technical details!
- contracted photobooth
- contracted photographer
- put deposit down for videographer
- let dj know we’re going with them
- finished dancing flip flops (but no sign yet)
- bought 3 glass terrariums
- started making mini bunting decor (almost but can’t say I’m actually done~)
- asked a friend a few nights ago to be our officiant, he said yes~
- talked to friendor about doing makeup, not sure if we’re going to actually have a contract or not
- sign official contract with videographer (we put the deposit down before we picked our package)
- put down deposit and sign contract for dj
And then I think it’ll be June!!
Post # 5
I’m done my stuff until late September! My Maid/Matron of Honor is getting married and I’m in her bridal party, so we’re focusing on that right now!
Post # 6
@Beaukat: YAY!!! Date twin!!! I was beginning to think I was the only 8/31/2013 bee.
Post # 7
Oh I like this thread. This makes me feel much better about myself than the to-do threads. 🙂
Accomplished in May:
-Engagement Party Invites Out!
-Made test batch of DIY chocolate favors and crunched numbers on cost
-Lost 5 pounds!
-Started seriously adding items to the registry
-Started writing up website content
-Started picking out clothes for engagement photo session
Post # 8
I don’t think I’ve gotten much done this month, mostly because I’ve been working 6-day weeks for the past few months. I feel like I should be doing something or going crazy?
– Signed our photographer contract/deposit
– Scheduled our engagement session
– Signed our reception venue contract/deposit
– Added a bunch of stuff to our registry
– Started working on our wedding website
Post # 9
Wow you guys are already registering?
I figured we wouldn’t register until closer to the date.
Post # 10
@koi424: glad you liked it. It was refreshing to see how much I got accomplished in May, as so often it feels like time just ticks by and nothing gets done.
Maybe we can make this a regular thread 🙂
Post # 11
@his chippymunk: Honestly, I have nothing else to do right now, wedding-wise. I started a Target registry and have been combing the website and adding things online whenever I get bored or think of something. I’ve also been working 6 days a week, so it was one of the few things that I could do without much mess. 🙂
Post # 12
Wedding website is ready to go! STDs are back from the printer, and ready to go out next month. Shoes are in a holding pattern, but more crystals have been ordered. Venue is two thumbs up… I think we made some good progress!
Post # 13
Hmm I didn’t do too much in May. We decided not to make our invitations and I found a stationer I really like. I began Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping, will take the rest of the party in July. We also scheduled our tasting, almost finished the STD’s, and otherwise just enjoying being engaged. Pretty much all the big stuff is done so will probably relax through the summer!
Post # 14
I Love this thread! I made my appointment to order my wedding dress on August 1st! I scheduled our engagement shoot. I bought plane tickets back to CA (I am living in NY long distance planning) for wedding stuff. Made an appointment to visit my venue again and show my Future Mother-In-Law. Shopped around online for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses…I think that’s it! 🙂
My brother is getting married in July in Alaska so it has been back and forth with his wedding and mine. I have had my photographer, venue, dj/photobooth booked for quite awhile so I took a long break I am sure there will be a lot of things to do this summer!
Post # 15
@inspiredcreations: Haha I’m glad someone is ahead of me. I’d tell people that I had our STDs/invites designed and ready to go, working on the wedding website, and they’d look at me like I was crazy.
Oooh, we (my BMs and I) picked out their shoes and are pretty firm on the dresses.
Post # 16
wow you guys are all way ahead of the game!! Kudos to all of you! I feel like I still have a million things left to do and only 127 days left to do it. I guess that is what I get for having a 9.5 month engagement 🙂