(Closed) August 2013 – May to-do list

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hate that with the bullets when you try to edit something!!

Not much on my May to-do list! I’ve been looking online for a dress/outfit to wear for our engagement pictures in July. I also need to buy a chalkboard sign for our STD picture with our dog. If I make the trip to Michael’s for the sign I may end up buying wooden letters for “Mr. & Mrs.” to put on the sweetheart table at the reception…and whatever other goodies I can find πŸ™‚

Post # 4
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

– finish the website (just about there!)

– compile guest list w/ addresses etc

– maybe get Save-The-Date Cards in the mail? that might wait until next month though…

– make a diy list 

– continue amassing supplies as found for diy projects

– continue strassing my shoes (i get the feeling this will be on several months’ lists)

– visit venue (so far, only Fiance has seen it, and we’ve got a refundable deposit down)

Post # 5
765 posts
Busy bee

Finish website. 

Meet with wedding planner. 

Meet with florist. 

Find shoes. 

Book DJ. 

Book string quartet. 

Inquire about harpist. 

Compile final guest list. 

Book church and set-up premarital counseling. 

Find dress accessories (belt and veil). 

Clean out my 1000s wedding pictures and update wedding notebook. 

Maybe ask bridesmaids and groomsmen???

Decide on Save-The-Date Cards. 

Book engagement session. 

Post # 6
107 posts
Blushing bee

I feel bad the only thing we have is the photographer and we are just now going to look at venues this weekend

Post # 7
4352 posts
Honey bee

Mine is mostly Not Wedding Related but I’m gonna post anyways lol:

• Get Graduation Dress (maybe to double as epic dress?)
  • Graduate
  • Get a (better/more permanent) Job
  • Make a daily life budget (My parents stop supporting me at the end of the month, and even though I’ve been paying the bills all year, I haven’t figured out what my monthly cost of living is yet)
  • Finish my detailed version of the wedding budget
  • Decide how I am asking BMs to be BMs before Maid/Matron of Honor moves to my state (early June!)
  • Make a Bridesmaid or Best Man budget (I want to give them an estimate of wedding expenses when I ask them so that they are aware of the costs, since it will be a Destination Wedding for most of them and I have friends who will be recent college grads)
  • Make Fiance pick a number of groomsmen and decide who they are (because I want an even number and I’m stuck between 3 and 4. Idk if I want my sister to be a Bridesmaid or Best Man or do something else. Shes young, and my brothers will probably be just ushers, so I don’t know if I want to give her a more important role when I’m less close with her than my other siblings [who are closer to me in age])

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee

Going on our first excursion for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses this weekend, though I don’t really expect any decision to be made… Mostly trying to get a feel for what I want while I have at least some of my girls visiting & can see them in the dresses.

Start looking at DJs

Call my alterations lady & schedule an appointment

See if my stylist can convince my hair to do what I want it to without copious amounts of bobby pins and/or hairspray, or if I need a backup plan.

Post # 10
707 posts
Busy bee

@soccergurl:  Definitely don’t feel bad! Sometimes I feel like a spaz for getting everything taken care of so early. Fiance likes to tell people that our wedding planning is already finished (it’s NOT!) I just LOVE planning!

Post # 11
4653 posts
Honey bee

Im glad someone remembered to do this I spaced it sorry girls 

But this is my To do list.

1. Collect baby food jars and paint them with chalkboard paint
  2. Find and buy chalk pens
  3. Find more frames and chalk board (for menu and other things)
  4. Finish getting addresses for my guest list
  5. Get dress number 2 in and try it on! (SO EXCITED) 
  6. Start looking a veils
  7. Clean out the garage so I can have a place to store everything.
  8. Keep looking for shoes for dress 2.
  9. Research rental places (I have really been slacking on this)
  10. Start looking for dresses for our Epics… (I think we are going to do them in august.

Post # 12
425 posts
Helper bee

@elysionGood idea with the May to do list. Writing it all out and seeing what everyone else is up to helps me stay focused and gives great ideas. What are the S&P shakers for? My Fiance actually bought me small mini maso jar ones that match the jars we found at yard sales. It was the most thoughtful little gift.

My to do list:

• Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping this weekend (1st time)
  • We just met with the Wedding Officant
  • Working on the Save-The-Date Cards
  • Printing a test invite to see if I want to design/make my own
  • Attempting to get the FIL’s to work on their portion of the guest list
  • And most importantly trying to find a ceremony location

Not too busy of a month but definitely have some important things to accomplish.

Post # 14
425 posts
Helper bee

@elysionOh wow they sound awesome. You will have to take some pictures to share! My centerpieces will be much less unique, I am just having flowers in a birch container with candles surrounding it. And my mom just watched a My Fair Wedding and they used moss so she wants to put that around in between the candles. 

Thanks you too! I just printed a first draft invite to show my parents this weekend, hopefully Fiance and they like it!

Post # 15
371 posts
Helper bee

Update:

Suprisingly, it was only necessary to try on six dresses before my ladies & I came to a tentative decision.  Might or might not wait to see what’s in the new catalogue before making it official since everyone is so spread out & it’s a bit early.

Our photog finally approved the date for our e-pics (he prefers to shoot in the evenings during the summer, which was a pain for my work schedule)

Hoping to get some of my official list taken care of before I go in to work today, but we’ll see…

@elysion: Yes, pics please! They sound adorable!

Post # 16
425 posts
Helper bee

@cajungirl81: Just make sure you could still order the dress you like now if you wait. If you can might be good to see whats new especially because you have time.

And evenings might suck but you will have the best lighting. My Fiance is a photographer and evenings offer the best natural lighting so your pics will come out great!!

The topic ‘August 2013 – May to-do list’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors