(Closed) August 2013 – Noncompliant vendors

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@his chippymunk: One venue said they “typically book 6 months before the wedding” when I went to see them last december. We just ignored it and booked it anyways. I wish I had your problems. I have a ton of DJs calling me because the reception venue gave out my contact information to other vendors.

Post # 4
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I had a lot of vendors tell me they were focusing on the immediate weddings.  It’s hard because you are so excited.

Post # 5
Hostess
11166 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

To be honest I started planning our wedding 18 months in advance and found all the vendors more than happy to book ahead of time, our venue especially. With people planning years out I was glad to get my reservations at that point because they quickly filled up for the remainder of 2012 shortly after I booked.

Post # 7
425 posts
Helper bee

@his chippymunkI have felt the same way with some vendors. The venue, photographer, and DJ were so excited to book us and did it quickly. I even had the DJ tell us he was already receiving calls for 2013. But then I have found some others (stationers) are too busy to focus on us.

Its really unfortunate that you are off from school because its the prime of Wedding Season. My early booking was done in the Winter so I am wondering if thats why they booked early and its hard to find others now. I wouldn’t let it get to you, just keep researching and looking and I am sure you will find vendors you love that will be excited for your business. They loose if they don’t want to help. And worst case, make a list of the ones you want and then all you have to do later is call and book. All the research will be done when you have the time off.

Post # 8
13248 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I started looking at vendors about 14 months out and had no problems with them… Sorry!  Maybe send a follow-up and say you’re still waiting for answers!  I’d push a little harder with ones that book up fast – venues, caterers, etc!  Smaller things you can wait a little longer on…

Post # 9
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I consider myself super lucky that everyone I’ve dealt with has been amazing thus far. Then again, I really only have four vendors (ceremony venue, reception venue–all-inclusive, photographer, bridal salon), but everyone has gone above and beyond my expectations so far. They’ve all been really happy that I’m so far ahead of where people normally are, because it allows for more time to communicate our wants and needs, and it’s way less stress. 

@his chippymunk:  I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. 🙁 I understand that people are busy, but in 2012, vendors should really have smart phones with email/constant access to however people contact them. I don’t know how these people expect to get business if they never contact people.

The topic ‘August 2013 – Noncompliant vendors’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors