(Closed) August 2013 – October completed!

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4352 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

• Started my DIY veil. I’m planning on dragging this one out over a couple months.
  • Made progress on sending the Save-The-Date Cards
  • Nagged Fiance way more than I should have
  • Chose a florist, but I’m figuring out a few things before I book her
  • Did a lot of research on photographers and pretty much chose one, still getting a few questions answered before I book, but we’re close

Post # 4
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Well you all are further than me! Haha. My SO probably won’t propose until six or less months out, so I won’t even start planning until February or later!

Post # 5
4352 posts
Honey bee

@misscupcake2012:  I would tell him to get over it because you want more time to plan lol. Is August 20th an estimated date?

Post # 6
4653 posts
Honey bee

• I bought another dress! (was never on the list but I couldnt pass it up) It ships out tomorrow!
  • Bought the headbands for the flowergirls.
  • Got most of our addresses only ones left to do Fi has to get!
  • Started planning the first DIY party with the bridesmaids! 
  • Set up time to go shopping with the girls for the Bridesmaid dresses.Made a list of the DIY projects we have to do and what we still have left to buy.

I am sure we got more done but this is all I can think of right now…

Post # 7
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  How many dresses are you up to now?

Post # 8
371 posts
Helper bee

This month we:

• finally got our stationary
  • finished collecting centerpiece stuff (including all the glass, ribbon, candles & beads)
  • got a new venue
  • finished the decorative hangers for the dresses
  • put a contract on a house
  • got all the bridesmaids dresses ordered (and they’ve all arrived!)

Still a lot left to do, unfortunately.

Post # 9
1246 posts
Bumble bee

We booked our venue! And uhhh… looked at stuff. That’s it.

Post # 10
425 posts
Helper bee

This looks like a busy month for everyone! We actually completed our to do list. Everything is printed and we sent our STD’s! And the best news is my dress in is so I will be going for the first fitting in November 🙂

Post # 12
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@asscherlover:  Yes, totally just a random day. Haha. I’m pretty sure it’s actually a Tuesday? Definitely not our actual date, since we both have Out of Town family. The thing is, I don’t want to push him too hard, since he has some debts he really wants to pay off before he gets the ring and proposes, which I think is very admirable. Trying to find the balance between “I need enough time to plan and I am NOT waiting until next summer (lol)” and “I want you to propose when you feel it’s right.”

Post # 13
4653 posts
Honey bee

@asscherlover:  LOL 3…. Embarassed

@elysion:  Yes it is my 3rd…. But I sold the lace one (and I got it for free in the giveaway so it was NBD) and I am still wearing the short one as a reception dress! The first dress just didnt really go with the venue or the wedding we were planning anymore but it will be amazing reception dress! lol

And I don’t have pictures of me in the dress yet BUT it is the Maggie Sottero Jenna and I should have pictures by the end of this week! 

@Araya:  Venue is a big one!

@VermontBride13:  How exciting!

@cajungirl81:  New venue? why is that? But congrats on the house!

@asscherlover:  I did the nagging too… I need to work on that lol 

@elysion:  Where did you get your hanger from?

Post # 15
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  I am the worst nag. I promised Fiance I wouldn’t bother him until weds about the wedding on Sat. I talked about it Sat evening, Sun, Mon, and today. He had 6 papers to write and I was asking for opinions on centerpieces. Its bad. I was a terrible waiting bee too. (As in I asked “when are we getting engaged” a lot.) I’m glad I hadn’t discovered weddingbee back then. The problem is I think things need to be done this instant even when they don’t need to be done for a few more months. He gave me to go ahead to research photographers and I think he regrets it. Now I’m waiting for Sandy to clear up before I follow up with them because they’re all in NJ and I assume many of them are dealing with the aftermath.

Post # 16
750 posts
Busy bee

I went to a bridal expo…and that was about it lol.

Oh! I did schedule my first dress shopping appointment for next month!

I have a photographer in mind, I just need to set up an appointment and meet with them.

I tried to book an officiant but she was already booked 🙁

October was kind of a bust…

The topic ‘August 2013 – October completed!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors