excited

scared

overwhelmed

happy

• Post # 17
    3295 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

– Book DJ (Taking Fiance to meet him on Tues)

– Get engagement photos from photog and get them printed

– Get save the dates out

Post # 18
    1576 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @cajungirl81:  I enjoyed taking the test! Fiance and I seemed to have taken the same approach on it and we agreed on a lot of answers. Of course, we couldn’t remember every answer to a nearly 200 question test so it will be interesting to see what the results say!

The weird part will definitely be going over it with the priest. Not so much for me, since I barely know him and find him easy to talk to. But he’s a true friend to my Fiance and some of the questions might be awkward to talk about. Especially the ones about the role of religion in our lives. I’m not catholic and while Fiance holds his faith dear to him, he’s not super devoted to it and he’ll have a hard time admitting that to the priest.

But we won’t have to worry about that for months! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 19
    337 posts
    Helper bee

This month I would like to start looking at bakeries for the cake and find a photographer. Just a few days ago we booked our photobooth and yesterday we went to the hall to put another $2k on the hall. And we were plesantly surprised to see they remodeled ๐Ÿ™‚ I also need to buy the rest of the flowers for the girls as I am doing fake flowers. We already have one bouquet mocked up and mine just about done ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 20
    13 posts
    Newbee

This is what is on the list this month:

– Find a reception location (a nice restaurant in downtown Chicago that won’t break the bank)

– Find or make plans to build a chuppah

– Collect addresses

– Look into invitation options

Post # 22
    371 posts
    Helper bee

So far we’ve:

• found a new venue (just waiting on the official contract to come back from the city)
    • found extra glass pieces to meet the new city fire ordinance
    • ordered 60dz strands of purple mardi gras beads
    • narrowed down potential housing options to a top four

Post # 23
    3828 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

Ugh i haven’t done ANYTHING for at least a month. I’ve been so busy with other things the wedding is on the back burner. 

THis month i’d really love to:

1. Book a DJ

2. Get engagement photos done

3. Decide if we need a limo service

4. Block hotel

5. Book officiant

6. Make registry

7. Organize decorations

I really wish we were just married and i didnt have to plan ANY of this!!

Post # 24
    425 posts
    Helper bee

I can’t believe we are coming up to 10 months!! Tomorrow marks the big day of printing! We have such a long list of things to print so hopefully it all goes successful! And my mom sent me the addresses so we are all ready to send them after this weekend =) Wish us Luck!

Post # 25
    756 posts
    Busy bee

This month I really really need to picka caterer. We have meetings scheduled for the 26th, but its stressful planning from 2+ hours away without a car. Otherwise:

1. engagement photos? talk to FI’s sister (photographer) about it

2. save the date design

3. talk to FI’s mom about hosting bar

4. figure out officiant

Post # 26
    371 posts
    Helper bee

Three of the bridesmaids’ dresses have come in, hooray!  I had to gently corral #4, since the dress she picked was going to be discontinued at the end of this run and she hadn’t sent in her measurements, but everything seems to be back on track again.

Post # 27
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

Hmm…I just booked my venue so it seems I’m a bit behind lol.

So far this months we need to:

– Get addresses of people to invite

– Get started on / finish the website

– Start dress shopping

– Look into table numbers/seating chart

– Get started on some DIY – centre pieces, programs etc.

– Purchase stamps

– Decide on officiant

I think thats a fair start, I’m lucky because we already have our invites, a friend of ours is the photographer, my Mother-In-Law will be able to deal with the flowers, we aren’t having a limo since the venue is 5 mins away from where we live, we’ll just cab it and our venue takes care of food and beverages including linens, flatware etc and the ceremony. Hopefully I’m not forgeting something really important lol!

Post # 28
    371 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @canyouhearmenow13:  You’re not that far behind, really (unless you’re getting married somewhere that vendors book quickly)!  Some of us here have just had a really big head start with long engagements…

Post # 29
    11231 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

I don’t think I’m going to get anything done this month. I’m hoping to test out my DIY mercury glass this weekend, but we’ll see. Maybe I can just get my wedding stuff out of the living room and then do something about Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.

Post # 30
    425 posts
    Helper bee

Good news we printed almost everything on our very ambitious list (I bought the wrong paper for place cards so thats the only thing we couldn’t print). Bad news, it took us 7 hours!!!! It was such a long and stressful day BUT we love our save the dates and can’t wait to send them out this week! It was also great to spend a whole day doing wedding things together! I think we are going to take a little break for the rest of the month ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 31
    116 posts
    Blushing bee

This month I am going to finish paying the dress off. Try to get more addresses for the save the dates (which are already printed aand they look great). I need to talk to my fiance again about blocking rooms at the hotel he works at. I’ve gotten a lot done this month. My wedding coordinator has kept me on the ball.

The topic ‘August 2013 – October To Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors