(Closed) August 2013 Planning Favorite

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
4653 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@kkish3:  Right now I am LOVING planning the tables! Centerpeices, table cloths, Table runners, I just figured out what I am doing for place cards! I am loving doing my DIY projects and getting to plan the tiny details that will make my wedding special! oh and i just got these!

I am going to be putting them on floral wire and putting them in my bouquet so that way I can have the “Bees” with me on my wedding day! It is the time I can put in little details like that that I am loving!

Post # 5
4653 posts
Honey bee

@kkish3:  See I have that done already so once you get over having to do all the big things you get to enjoy all of the little things! But i have to say that doing our guest list was the one thing that I wish i didnt have to do lol…

Post # 6
4352 posts
Honey bee

I loved walking through our venue. I definately got chills. I had that “OMG I’m getting married!” feeling the whole time. And the fact that its gorgeous doesn’t hurt :).

Post # 7
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m getting a kick out of planning other activities; since we’re having a 5 night/6 day destination wedding, we’re packing the days with on-site and off-site activities.  My favorite so far is planning the on-site Field Day – potato sack races, wheelbarrow races, three legged races, egg on a spoon, tug of war, and a may pole will all be featured.  I’m so psyched!  FI is going nuts for the zip-line (off-site) and kickball (on-site).  Each night gets a themed group dinner as well, so I’m enjoying planning simple but theme-appropriate table decor for the dinners, too!

Post # 9
425 posts
Helper bee

I love to plan just by nature so this has been a great experience for me! I love thinking about all the details and how everything is coming together perfectly. I think it was also great we will have a 2 year engagement because if I do start to feel overhwhelmed and stressed, I can just push it aside because it doesn’t have to be done yet. I agree with @MsPanda its nice to work on the small stuff and it also helps to spread out the costs of things.

Post # 10
765 posts
Busy bee

The thing I have loved the most is slowly seeing the vision come to life. Its been stressful and technical in the beginning trying to find the perfect venue, and settle on centerpieces (hopefully meeting with the florist this week), but overall it has been fun. But I love planning, and have dreamed about my future wedding day for years to finally see it come to life and see it happening (even though it is completely different then I imagined all those years ago) has been amazing.

I am especially looking forward to buying and sending out save the dates, because that’s when it will become super real and I really can’t wait. The thing I love the most is doing stuff with my Fiance though; he has been surprisingly involved, and will be more involved when he moves here. I am looking forward to that.

Post # 11
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

Ooh, I think my favorite part is involving my Fiance and seeing what he has opinions about, what he fights for, and what he could care less about!  It is fascinating, and I’ve learned more about him so far already.  Can’t wait to see what the next 11 or so months bring, though!

Post # 12
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I don’t know what my favorite has been!  Possibly the centerpieces, hunting down the perfect pieces for those.  I liked designing part of our invitations, but it’s been more stressful than anything else because I keep second guessing and it’s too late to change that part now that it’s been printed LoL.

Post # 13
106 posts
Blushing bee

I agree, walking through my venue when we left the deposit and secured the date. I kept thinking OMG I’m getting married HERE. I was super excited envisioning what it would be like the day of.

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee

Working on my DIY projects, of course (what else would you expect from an artist)!  I’d rather be working on that now, than having to hunt for a new venue Frown

Post # 15
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

My favorite thing by far is planning the decor. I have so much planned I wonder how it will all get done lol. My least favorite thing has been choosing my dress. I still don’t know…Agh!

Post # 16
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Getting things done, our registry (lol), and meeting our officiants! They’re pretty awesome.

The topic ‘August 2013 Planning Favorite’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors