(Closed) August 2013- Pre 1 year anniversary question?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
Hostess
23620 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

We didn’t do anything to celebrate, but this sounds like a fantastic idea! πŸ™‚ So cute.

Post # 4
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m June 2013, but wanted to comment. My Fiance and I decided last night we would do something. We plan to splurge a little and either go out to an expensive restaurant or stay at a nice hotel with a breakfast and dinner package. 

Post # 5
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We also want to do something. The biggest and mostest exciting thing is that my Fiance will be moving here in August. We will probably be going to our favorite restaurant and celebrate. I want to do something wedding related that day too but I have no idea what it will be. 

Post # 6
4352 posts
Honey bee

If we were having a local wedding I would probably schedule a walk through or get a meal there. I don’t know if we will be in town then though.

Post # 7
765 posts
Busy bee

@his chippymunk:  Oh and August is our 2 year anniversary. So we have to do something special!! Any ideas? 

We have chosen to wait until were married and not live together before the wedding, so a weekend getaway is not doable for us. 

Post # 8
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Last year we celebrated our -1 wedding anniversary with silly cards that we wrote -1 on to a cheesy anniversary card.  He got me flowers and we had a nice dinner at home.  It was dorky but fun, just like us.  I say go for it!  Do something silly and fun!

Post # 9
765 posts
Busy bee

I’m thinking of DIYing a calendar countdown for my Fiance to give to him as a gift…

Ideas ideas ideas

Post # 10
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I never even thought of that!  Actually our pre 1 year anniversary will be our 5th year anniversary, so I’m sure we will do something but not specifically like “1 year til the wedding!!”.  We usually cook lobster together, but we figured out FI’s probably allergic to shellfish so maybe a heart shaped pizza from lou malnati’s?  πŸ™‚

http://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/spreading_hearts

Post # 11
1576 posts
Bumble bee

We’ll just be coming back from vacation the week before. So we’ll have already indulged in time away together, good food, nights out, the beach, boardwalk and carnival rides.

I think we’ll still go out someplace nice for dinner.

Ever since we booked the date we’ve been saying we have to celebrate our negative anniversary. πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We celebrated our pre 1 year anniversary. We were on vacation in Vermont at the time, so we went on a cruise around Lake Champlain and went to dinner. The plan was to also go on a water plane ride, but it was so cloudy and rainy we ended up not doing that.

Post # 14
1576 posts
Bumble bee

@MsPanda: How fun! I’ll try to remember to tell you Happy Birthday on our negative anniversary too. πŸ˜€

Post # 15
425 posts
Helper bee

We are planning on having a party at our vacation cabin and inviting the bridal party. Fiance wants to do a pig roast so we are going with a luau theme! Our dating anniversary is about a month before our pre 1 year so we will spend that weekend together and have a nice dinner but wanted to include our bridal party to begin the countdown!

Post # 16
292 posts
Helper bee

We usually make each other breakfast in bed for special occasions (birthdays, mothers/fathers day) so maybe I’ll surprise him with breakfast in bed and a -1 anniversary card πŸ™‚

The topic ‘August 2013- Pre 1 year anniversary question?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors