posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Ooh I just filled this out so it’s kind of the same as the other thread..LoL

Wedding Date: August 17, 2013

Engagement Length: 15 months

Colors: light blue and light green, haven’t decided the actual shades yet.. need a trip to the hardware store for some paint swatches!

Theme: romantic & whimsical

Wedding Party(#s): 1 moh, 1 bridesmaid, 2 bridesmen, 4 groomsmen, and 1 officiant who’s a friend will I’m sure be hanging with the wedding party .. his twin bro will also be a groomsmen, we’ve toyed with the idea of having both be the officiant, would be trippy? LoL

Ceremony (where, time): Brookfield Zoo, Roosevelt Fountain at 6pm

Reception (where, time): still in Brookfield Zoo, Cocktail Hour in the Bear Wilderness exhibit at 6:30, reception at the Bocaditos Restaurant at 8

Dress Style: Marlowe by Leanne Marshall, short and lace

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): pro makeup (friendor), undecided on hair

Honeymoon Location: undecided :/

Flowers: undecided, bouquets will probably feature some succulents though

First Dance Song: undecided

Centerpieces: glass terarriums featuring succulents, vintage animal salt and pepper shakers, and tiny bunting decor 

Food/Menu: soup salad and entree, so far all we know for sure is the entree will be lemon chicken.  there will also be hors’ dourves at the cocktail hour

Cake Flavor and buttercream or fondant: Undecided 

Favors: photostrip frames to go along with our unlimited photobooth 

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ for ceremony ad reception

Bachelorette (when/what): Undecided

Bachelor (when/what): Undecided, I know Fiance wants to do a relaxed canoeing trip or something similar though

Post # 4
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Wedding Date: August 17, 2013

Engagement Length: 2 years to the day 

Colors: Royal blue and light green (just switched from a dark blue because I fell in love with a Bridesmaid or Best Man dress!

Theme: Rustic Elegance

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid/Matron of Honor (my sister), 5 Bridemaids, 1 Bestman, and 4 Groomsmen

Ceremony (where, time): Not sure yet but somewhere outside, 5pm

Reception (where, time): Stratton Mountain Club, cocktail hour at 7, reception at 8

Dress Style: Maggie Sottero, satin and lace

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Stylist coming for wedding party hair and make up

Honeymoon Location: St Lucia (99% sure)

Flowers: Green and white with hints of blue. Not sure the types though. Mine will have gardenias because they were my Grandmas favorite

First Dance Song: Have one in mind but keeping it a surprise

Centerpieces: White green and blue flowers in a birch container with moss and candles surrounding

Food/Menu: Passed hors’ dourves at the cocktail hour, then salad and a choice of Filet Mignon, Lamb Chops (per FI), salmon, or stuffed chicken

Cake Flavor and buttercream or fondant: We have a birch design cake on top of a moss stand. The flavors are Pink Champagne with raspberries and Maple. Both will have buttercream and then fondant on the outside.  

Favors: Maple syrup from our friends farm (since its a VT wedding)

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ who is also a musician and will be playing piano for ceremony and cocktail hour

Bachelorette (when/what): Probably July 2013, Renting a limo into NYC to go to dinner and Chip n Dales =)

Bachelor (when/what): Who knows? He thinks he should have one thrown by every Groomsmen since has a long engagement

Post # 5
425 posts
Helper bee

@elysion: I cannot wait to see your wedding decor. I love the venue and how your are putting it all together! What was your inspiration?

@his chippymunk: How else are you encorporating your theme? So cute and unique!

Post # 7
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Wedding Date: August 23, 2013

Engagement Length: 18 months

Colors: Greys, light pinks, white shades, silver and black accents 

Theme: Vintagey, romantic

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 4 bridesmaids, 1 best man, 4 groomsmen,

Ceremony (where, time): Not sure yet, but hopefully the amphitheatre at the city park, since it’s cheap and comes with seating, ceremony time…4:30PM?

Reception (where, time): Loft310, 5PMish.

Dress Style: Carrozzini (I think it’s exclusive to the bridal salon I went to), chiffon sheath with some beading on top.

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): Pro hair and probably makeup. I was going to DIY, but I think that’s been taken out of my hands.

Honeymoon Location: I believe we are doing a Caribbean cruise?

Flowers: I don’t know yet, but I’m leaning towards light pink spider or football mums and white anemones with dark centers.

First Dance Song: Possibly “Lucky” by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.

Centerpieces: Lots of candles, milk glass (maybe with flowers), black painted wine bottles with silver branches…or black and silver candle sticks.  

Food/Menu: Baked stuffed pasta shells, herb-crusted pork loin, spring salad (mixed greens, strawberries, mandarin oranges, raisins with raspberry vinaigrette), garlic mashed potatoes and green beans almondine, and a s’mores bar. πŸ˜€

Cake Flavor and buttercream or fondant: Red velvet with cream cheese frosting with cinnamon sugar on top and something else that Fiance is going to choose that isn’t chocolate. I have no opinion on cake flavors that aren’t chocolate. Oh, we’re doing cupcakes.

Favors: Moustache and lips suckers (made from the candy melts). 

DJ/Band/Ipod: iPod for the ceremony (unless a friend’s dad will bring his equipment for free), DJ for the reception.

Bachelorette (when/what): Undecided, but nothing too exciting. Most of my BMs are out of town (two out of state, Maid/Matron of Honor lives an hour away; of the two in town, one has a kid and one is 15 will be 16), so probably dinner with drinks (but somewhere that the younger one can go) and girl talk.

Bachelor (when/what): No idea. The best man lives in another state and has no money, and two of the GMs live out of town so I have no idea what they even could do.

Post # 8
425 posts
Helper bee

@vorpalette: That was one of our song choices too! I love how it is a duet! And Smores Bar, sounds amazing!! I wish our venue had something like that!

Post # 9
3771 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

@VermontBride13:  oh goodness your cake sounds amazing!!  and maple syrup favors, that is so cute!!

thank you, but honestly I have no idea how I am putting all the decor together ha!  I came up with the centerpieces and have little to no idea of any other decorations to do.. pinterest has made me very flighty πŸ™‚  But we chose our venue because our first date was at the zoo, and once I heard you could be married there I decided that’s what we needed to do!  And since it is a zoo, I felt that we might as well make it fun and cute (that’s where the romantic and whimsical theme comes in) πŸ˜€

@vorpalette:  a s’mores bar!  how cool!!

Post # 10
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@VermontBride13 @elysion:  Thanks, ladies! I’m really excited haha. Our venue coordinator is really excited, too, because they’ve never had anyone choose that before–they have tons of “bar” options and it was really hard to narrow it down. I’ve wanted a s’mores bar since I first saw the idea on Pinterest, though.

Post # 12
4653 posts
Honey bee

Wedding Date:  August 17th, 2013

Engagement Length: Too long by the time of the wedding it will be 4 1/2 years?

Colors: Red,Orange, Yellow, Hot pink, with a little bit of turqouise and green thrown in (It will be VERY summery and bright) Oh and white too!

Theme: Summery and Fun 

Wedding Party(#s): 5 bridesmaids, 5 Groomsmen, and 2 ADORABLE flower girls! 

Ceremony (where, time): Family property and about 6ish…. (time not completely set yet

Reception (where, time): When ever the ceremony is over so 6:30ish?

Dress Style: Lace keyhole back fit and flare and Strapless sweetheart tulle tea length dress

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): All PRO! (Already have her booked)

Honeymoon Location: All inclusive resort in Cancun Mexico

Flowers: Gerbra Daisys and Hydranga 

First Dance Song: Still working on this detail…

Centerpieces: Hydranga and Gerbras in mason jars with candles all around! 

Food/Menu: BBQ (Chicken, Beef brisket, Baked beans, Potato salad, Green salad ect…) SNOWCONES! and wedding cupcakes with cutting cake!

Cake Flavor and buttercream or fondant: Well there will be red velvet and lemon for sure NO FONDANT and Fi’s grooms cake will be carrot cake (his favorite but I am allergic to carrots so it will be a surprise) 

Favors: We have too many ideas we need to narrow it down!. 

DJ/Band/Ipod: Thinking it will be a DJ

Bachelorette (when/what): Undecided but I want the bar hopping, Cheesy Penis straw, Barfing by the end of the night bachelorette party SO BAD! 

Bachelor (when/what): Undecided

Post # 13
425 posts
Helper bee

@MsPandaSnowcones, that is a great idea!! Those are my favorite!! And your bachelorette party sounds like it will be a perfect way to celebrate πŸ™‚

@elysion: That is so cute your first date was at a zoo! It makes the venue so special, it will all come together and who won’t love it, its a wedding at zoom two great things combined! Our 1st date was a BBQ so we are going to do that for our rhearsal dinner!

Post # 14
292 posts
Helper bee

Wedding Date:  August 18th, 2013

Engagement Length: 19 months

Colors: I know I want the BMs in bright royal blue, but I’m not sure about accent colors. (FI doesn’t want pink, and I don’t have any other ideas)

Theme: Groupon chic? I’m just trying not to spend a ton of money. So my theme is whatever looks best for the least amount of money πŸ˜‰

Wedding Party(#s): 1 Maid/Matron of Honor, 4 BMs, 1 Best Man, 4 Groomsmen, 1-2 fower girls, 1 ringbearer (90% sure that’s what it’ll be anyway) 

Ceremony (where, time): Church, around 3 or 4?

Reception (where, time): About an hour after the conclusion of the ceremony, so 5 or 6 at a hotel ballroom

Dress Style: A-line gown with sweetheart neckline

Hair/Makeup (Pro/DYI): pro-hair, undecided about make-up. will probably do a trial and then decide

Honeymoon Location: undecided. probably something booked via travelzoo closer to the date

Flowers: whatever is in season 

First Dance Song: possibly “to make you feel my love” by Adele.

Centerpieces: non-floral, some sort of candle centerpieces 

Food/Menu: pretty standard, chicken, beef or veg options. plus some passed hors d’s

Cake Flavor and buttercream or fondant: not sure.. def buttercream 

Favors: probably none, althought Miss Fox’s Old Bay favors have got me thinking… 

DJ/Band/Ipod: DJ for the reception, unsure about ceremony

Bachelorette (when/what): unknown, will probably end up having 2. 1 in NL where we live, and 1 in/around DE where I grew up. (the one in NL will be a total surprise for me, but I might be able to suggest some different classes/activities that we could do)

Bachelor (when/what): unknown. (also a complete surprise, and i’m a little worried. a close friend of ours ended up getting lost on his way home from his bachelor party, fell off his bike and had stitches over his eyebrow for the wedding!)

Post # 16
4653 posts
Honey bee

@VermontBride13:  They are my favorite too and I always just figured that is what you did for your bachelorette party and now can imagine having anything else lol! 

The topic ‘August 2013 Survey’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors