Post # 1
Hello girls I was wondering what “Wedding trends” are you doing for your wedding?
- Mason jars
- Lace dress
- LOTS of DIY projects
- Having 2 dresses
- Colored sash
- An “Original” guestbook (a bench for our guest to sign)
- Bridesmaids not looking like clones..
Im sure there is more I just cant think of them at the moment lol!
Post # 3
@MsPanda: Hopefully my bridesmaids won’t look like clones either! Apparently my dress is pretty trendy since its a trumpet style and pretty similar to the adore which I know lots of brides have worn recently.
Post # 4
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
I didn’t know lace was trendy! so, here’s what I think are trendy that I’m doing..
- lace dress
- flats for the reception (also color, not white)
- lots of diy projects
- bunting decor (just one thing tho)
- not the same dress for bridesmaids
- printed ties for groomes/bridesmen
@MsPanda: a bench guestbook sounds super neat! what style of bench??
Post # 5
@asscherlover: Well I guess I now have that going on too lol
@elysion: I read somewhere that it was and I have to admit I have seen a HUGE jump in lace dresses from the time I started wedding bee! and I love the photo booth idea I wish we had the extra money in the budget for one! I have Photobooth envy lol
And FI’s grandpa is building us a bench that will be unfisnished then we are going to have all the guests sign the bench then finish it with some sort of clear coat! I am very excited about this!
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
@MsPanda: The bench sounds so cool!! Great idea!
Post # 7
@elysion: Thank you I am really excited about it and glad that I will be able to see it every day not just have it put away some place!
Post # 8
@MsPanda: The bench is a great idea! That will be something so special to have and remind you of your wedding day! Have you looked into some DIY photo booths? We are thinking about setting up a back drop and then mailing the pictures with the Thank you notes.
@elysion: Can’t wait to see the printed ties! I thought about doing something different with the ties but just think I will use the accent color (green) and have the girls in blue with green flowers.
Umm I am pretty traditional so not really following any wedding trends. I am using mason jars throughout the whole wedding though. Even found these amazing mason jar invites and program fans!
Post # 9
@VermontBride13: Thank you it is one thing that Fi and I both agreed on that was a have to have for us! and I have not looked into a DIY one… I will have to do some research on that!
Post # 10
@MsPanda: We are using a bench for our guestbook too!! I won’t lie I am pretty darn excited about it! And I didn’t copy you, I saw it a long time ago somewhere and fell in love. I love that it will be a part of our house for the rest of our lives.
This was my inspirational photo:
Trends I will be following:
– lace dress.
– colored sash (if champagne counts).
– maybe two dresses (my lace ballgown is heavy), but at the same time I really don’t want to take it off.
– bunting decor (I think, we may change it to wooden signs).
– colored shoes (flats or maybe toms).
– game area for guests who don’t want to dance, with fun facts, and photos, and other personal details.
That’s all I can think of for now, but I think there is more.
Post # 11
I LOVE the bench idea! I hadn’t even thought of something more solid like that. Brilliant.
I still have a LOT of planning to do but out of the things you listed above I’m doing these so far:
- flats for the reception (probably in a color unless I’m blown away by some that match my dress)
- photobooth (the photographer’s assistant is going to be setting up a fake photobooth with a backdrop, props, etc. and will be taking pictures there while the main photographer takes pictures of the reception)
- DIY centerpieces
- games for guests (seen many ideas on pinterest)
Post # 12
@his chippymunk: Dont worry even if you did “Copy me” isnt that what wedding bee is about? I love all the ideas we get from eachother! This is the picture I found that “sparked” my obession with a bench
Post # 13
@MsPanda: @his chippymunk: Love the bench idea! That will be such a cool item to have forever!!
Some of the “trends” I’m using are:
- Photobooth & props
- Colored shoes (I think navy heels for the ceremony and pictures, then navy flats for the reception)
- Guest games during reception
- Eiffel Tower flower centerpieces
- Cupcakes instead of traditional wedding cake
…that’s all I can think of right now!
Post # 14
These are great ideas! I’m doing the:
DIY projects for my cocktail table centerpieces, really excited about that.
and flats for the reception not sure what color though maybe dark green since its part of my palette 🙂