(Closed) August 2013-What is on your April To do list?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’d like to find a DJ and ceremony musicians. Future Mother-In-Law says she knows a DJ, but she told me in December she’d give me his info and I’m still waiting…lol

Post # 4
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

April list includes:

– put deposit down on venue

– get website up and running

– design save the dates

– continue working on my wedding shoes (strassing takes FOREVER)

– slowly collect jars, flowers, etc (this will be on my list every month for the next 12, I think)

🙂

Post # 5
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I really need to set up a spreadsheet!  This month is mostly planning — we finalized the guest list so need to put down a deposit on the venue.  We need to figure out our colors, and I’m slowly collecting terrariums and cute salt and pepper shakers for our centerpieces.  Oh yeah, and figuring out the budget, we are basically set but need to play around with budget calculators to see where we really want to spend what.

Post # 7
2759 posts
Sugar bee

We’re booking our venue this weekend! Soooo excited to finally get that done (:

Otherwise, I’m going to a second salon to try on more dresses and getting down-and-dirty with budget plans.

It’s honetsly too early for anything else.

Post # 8
4352 posts
Honey bee

Think a little more about photographers, and decide if I’m going to overinvite (current guest list is 80% Out of Town guests, and 30 people are +1s for singles). Future Mother-In-Law says I should, and says I don’t need to give the plus ones, but I think its a nice gesture. The minimum is 165 and the max is 200. So the difference between that is pretty much the +1s. I would rather have my friends bring dates/friends I’m not close with than have FMIL’s friends. I’ve read a lot on the boards about who gets one and who doesn’t and the plan was if youre over 18 you get one, regardless of whether your parents are coming. But I have so many single friends and relatives and who knows if they will want to bring someone. And I think its rude to have someone RSVP for one, and then tell them last minute that they can bring someone. Especially if they would be travelling. So its a dilemma, and you’ll probably see a post about it in four months when I get ready to send out Save-The-Date Cards.

PS That was an interior monolouge.

Post # 9
707 posts
Busy bee

We found our DJ! Future Mother-In-Law actually sent me the DJ info yesterday (without me having to ask again, hallelujah!) and he sounds AWESOME. And he’s CHEAP. Two of my favorite things! I’ve been emailing ceremony musicians, too and have it narrowed down to 2 companies that have about a $25 difference. Trying to decide between a string trio and a string quartet, but I can’t listen to their samples online without crying and I can’t do that at work!!

Post # 10
4352 posts
Honey bee

@ejay15:  Without knowing anything about either one, I would go with the quartet purely because there are more instruments, so in my head it would be a fuller sound.

Post # 12
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Making progress! Deposit is done, website is under construction, I picked up some flowers and some gorgeous accent ribbons (Etsy), and I’m waiting on the next shipment of crystals for the shoes!  Now I need to get working on the Save-The-Date Cards, but all in all, not bad for halfway through the month!

Post # 13
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  I feel your pain. Our venue originally told us “most people book six months in advance”. Which is bs. Because its an amazing venue and its in NJ in a populated area (I mean all of NJ is populated but still) and its a great deal. I would call in a couple months and see if they’ve changed their mind about booking early lol. You know, just in case (but really because I’m impatient :P).

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee

This month’s goal…a photographer. And I think we may have actually found him! Just waiting to hear back on a few references…

Post # 16
4352 posts
Honey bee

@MsPanda:  That sounds delicious! I would ask to come, but I think I might get in trouble if I skipped my wedding to go to yours…

The topic ‘August 2013-What is on your April To do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors