(Closed) August 2013 – When are you registering?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I wouldn’t be registered yet except that Future Mother-In-Law was pushing us to get one started in time for the engagement party.

I posted about that here

I’m hoping to keep it simple and have pretty much everything at BedBath. We’re also registered on Amazon for those oddball items or things where we fell in love with a specific brand that BBB doesn’t have.

I think we’ll find a quiet weekend between now and fall to make and appointment and go to the store and do the big registry thing in person. So far I’ve just been adding stuff online.

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We started our registry in April, I think? We’re only doing a Target one, and I have nothing else to do right now for the wedding, so it was just something to do. We’ve only gone in the store once (I think we might go to the one on the other side of town eventually, too), but I’ve added a ton of stuff online.

Post # 5
425 posts
Helper bee

We also started one because of the engagement party. We only put some things on it, like our toasting flutes, frames, candle holders, cake knife, glass stuff. Since then we did add other things we wanted and have recieved a few gifts in the mail so it doesn’t hurt to start early, you can always edit/exchange/delete/add items. Plus its something men LOVE so you can make a fun day out of it and get him involved with wedding stuff.

We picked Macys and Bed Bath and Beyond. Will probably also put Sandals for honeymoon stuff but going to wait until that is booked and final.

Post # 6
707 posts
Busy bee

I’ve started a registry on Amazon and Crate and Barrel. I’m planning on making our wedding website public a year out since we have a lot of Out of Town guests and wanted to have our registries on the website. Also, we bought a house last summer, so anytime we think of something we’d like to have, but isn’t a dire need, we put it on the registry!

Post # 7
3770 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

I haven’t even thought about it… I don’t think we will until maybe a year out, unless we have an engagement party (which we have been dragging our butts on!!).

Post # 8
4352 posts
Honey bee

We haven’t started ours and I’m not sure when we will do it. But Fiance constantly wants to buy things for our apartment and I told him we wouldn’t have anything to register for. And that we needed to register for about 300 things (for 200 guests, I would rather register for too much than too little and I’m assume some of these things are small/inexpensive). So he isn’t allowed to buy anything else until he makes a theoretical list. Which according to him won’t take very long at all. I thought I lived in a fully furnished/decorated apartment but apparently not. I look forward to seeing/editing the list though.

Post # 9
100 posts
Blushing bee

My Fiance and I started ours St. Patrick’s day weekend.  We were in Chicago for vacation but it was too hot outside for much wandering so we decided to go ahead and register.

Post # 10
750 posts
Busy bee

Haven’t even had the chance to think about it! I have had zero time for planning…once I finish the guest list, lock in the location/officiant/photographer, finish Save-The-Date Cards and find my dress/bridesmaid dresses then maybe I’ll think about it lol. We aren’t having an engagement party or bridal shower so there really is no urgency right now!

Post # 11
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

As someone with a long engagement who is getting married next month, don’t register too soon! I wanted to get it out of the way and at least half our registry is discontinued!

Post # 12
1576 posts
Bumble bee

@red_pepper_gal:  Thanks for the tip! Maybe I’ll just have a few items for now on the registry for the engagement party and leave it like that.

Post # 13
1425 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rosehill Community Center

I’ve been dying to register for ages, but for some reason my Fiance thinks it’s still too early!  I was wondering what is typical also.  We haven’t had an engagement party or anything yet, though, after 4 months of engagement, so I guess we’re not in any rush…

Post # 14
4653 posts
Honey bee

I wont be for a LONG time I dont want to deal with that yet I dont think I need to do it until a LOT closer to the wedding no one will be buying things for us so far out!

Post # 16
4653 posts
Honey bee

@his chippymunk:  That is a good idea! I didnt even think of possibly getting christmas gifts out of it too! lol!

The topic ‘August 2013 – When are you registering?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors