(Closed) August 2013: Where are you honeymooning?

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

A cruise sounds nice!! I went on one with my family before, I think it was a Royal Caribbean. There’s always lots of stuff to do and I remember the food being great! Good luck with planning!!

All I know is that I want to do an all-inclusive, child-free resort for like a week… just relaxing! Whenever we go on vacation it is always action packed getting stuff in… after the wedding I absolutely want to just kick back and watch the waves roll by. Maybe St. Lucia or Jamaica or something?

Post # 6
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I posted in the other thread, but we’ll probably do a Caribbean cruise in December. Fiance has school the week after the wedding (it’s also hurricane season), so we’ll just wait until school’s out and go before Christmas.

Post # 7
425 posts
Helper bee

We are going to St Lucia! We are planning to do a few nights at Sandals and then a few nights at this more secluded resort that has the best snorkeling in St Lucia (or so they say). I cannot wait to finalize the plans and then be there!

Post # 8
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

Fiance and i are OBSESSED with royal caribbean cruise lines. thats our honeymoon too. only we have to cancel it due to family emergency. but we’ll be going a little later on.

Post # 9
371 posts
Helper bee

While you all are heading south, we’ll be heading west for some peace and quiet in the Tetons.

Post # 10
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@VermontBride13:  We looked into this yesterday, and holy eff is that expensive. I mean, it’s beautiful and all-inclusive, but a cruise is 1/5 of that even with alcohol and excursions. 

We talked about all-inclusive resorts yesterday and priced some out, since Fiance wants to do something different for our Honeymoon. He said he really liked our cruise, but he’d like to do something different if we can. Argh. We can’t freaking afford it. $2k total for a cruise, yes; $5-6k for a resort? No. 

Post # 11
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Fiance has always wanted to go on a cruise, and we’re thinking Alaska or Caribbean. Anything vacation is fine by me!

Post # 12
425 posts
Helper bee

@vorpaletteHow did you find cruises in the Caribbean during August? I had a lot of troubles finding one because its hurricane season. And yeah they can be pricey but you can definitely find a more reasonable room and flight for 2 under $5K. I love cruises BUT feel like I can’t see enough of the place we stop so we wanted something more relaxing in one place.

Post # 13
757 posts
Busy bee

We are thinking France and Italy in January 2014, it will give us time to save up and its a lot easier to deal with considering our school schedules. I also think it will be a lot cheaper to go in the winter. I think we will also go up to Vermont or somewhere right after the wedding just for a little quiet time before we come back to our regular lives. 

Post # 14
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@VermontBride13:  I checked four different all-inclusives (Sandals, Couples, Breezes, and Pacuare Lodge, which is actually not all-inclusive) and they were all (for the cheapest room at sale price) $5k+. Frown

We aren’t actually going on our hm in August. Fiance goes back to school just over a week after the wedding, so we’re going to wait until December when the semester is over.

Post # 15
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

We decided we’re not big on Alaska, much more into a Caribbean cruise 🙂

Post # 16
4653 posts
Honey bee

We are doing a CHILD FREE  all inclusive resort in cancun mexico! Still looking into what one we are going to but we know we want to leave the morning after the wedding (hope I will be able to sleep on the plane lol…

The topic ‘August 2013: Where are you honeymooning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors