Post # 1
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
New month, new things to do!! What’s on your list?
I want to..
- keep collecting terrarium jars (only 5 more to go I think!)
- schedule time with my Maid/Matron of Honor to go dress shopping
- decide on engagement photo outfits (our pics are at the beginning of August)
- register on Amazon and Etsy (stuff that isn’t likely to be discontinued)
not a very big list this month actually!
Post # 3
@elysion: I didn’t even know you could register on Etsy! My July to do list includes:
- Create a mock-up of centerpieces
- Stock up on craft supplies for DIY projects
- Find fabric for table runners
- (Hopefully) get engagement pics back so I can order STDs!
Post # 4
My July list is pretty short…I need to:
– Find the venue (originally had one but it isn’t going to work anymore)
– Begin dress shopping
– Start coming up with ideas for Save-The-Date Cards
Seriously if I just get the first one done I would feel so much better…I am so picky it’s ridiculous and I haven’t been able to find the perfect place yet 🙁 Once I do that I am going to start dress shopping and doing some of the more fun aspects of planning.
Post # 5
This is my first time joining a monthly to do list, so I probably have a bit more than you guys!
– Get a ballpark figure of the number of guests
– Finalize the bridal party and inform all of them!
– start a wedding website
– maybe order STD cards, which I’ve already designed (go team!!!)
– start talking to my mom about invites, since she’s gonna do all of them
I also want to start investigating the DJ, photographer, and caterer. but it’s still really early so I might not worry about that yet. Has anyone contacted any of them yet? Did they laugh at you and tell you to come back in 6 months?
Post # 6
- Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo
@Flippy2013: Noooo, photographer is one of the first things you should book these days!! Good ones book up extremely fast! So far the only vendors who’ve really said they usually don’t get booked this early are videographers and photobooth, and they still didn’t turn us away or anything. Most things are the sooner the better!
eta I don’t want to scare you.. this is just my experience getting vendors booked in a populous city area LoL!
Post # 7
- Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat
Design the save the dates
Hammer out a guest list
Ask FI’s sister to be a bridesmaid
Meet with the coordinator to hash out details
Post # 8
@elysion: Thanks, this is helpful!!! I didn’t wanna be that crazy bride, but hey, even if I am… I’m not the only one!
Post # 9
@Flippy2013: No, the earlier the better! I’ve had all of my vendors booked for months (except the ceremony venue and officiant–ceremony venue only rents out a year in advance and my officiant is really busy, so I’m waiting until we book the ceremony venue).
– Get centerpiece pieces painted (I would have had this done already if it wasn’t so bloody hot) – bottles and ting branches
– E-pictures July 21st (!!!)
Post # 11
Well my dress came in today, so I need to go pick it up. Too bad I can’t afford to pay for the rest of it right now, and it has to be paid for within 30 days.
Post # 12
OMG! You have a dress already! Good for you
Post # 13
This month, my ONLY thing to do is get the cake company booked.
Thank goodness 🙂
Post # 14
@Flippy2013: I’ve seen so much variation with this. But especially in large cities & major resort areas popular vendors book a year or more in advance (as of May our photographer was booked through next July, and our DJ to next June)! Everyone was telling me we started too early, but we were almost too late! I’ll have to put my vote with elysion and vorpalette on this one…
Post # 15
My focus for July is two fold:
– Get the Save-The-Date Cards out (they were supposed to be ready last week, and I have been too slammed with work to get them done).
– Figure out a decor plan and start acquiring decor supplies.
I would love to put my shoes on the list (as they have been for months), but I am being realistic this month. With work overload, travel overload, etc., I know it’s just not happening.
Post # 16
When are you ladies sending out your STDs? I haven’t ordered mine yet but I’m planning to start those this month. Not sure when to send them though!