(Closed) August 2013ers – July To-Do List

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
707 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@elysion: I didn’t even know you could register on Etsy! My July to do list includes:

• Create a mock-up of centerpieces
  • Stock up on craft supplies for DIY projects
  • Find fabric for table runners
  • (Hopefully) get engagement pics back so I can order STDs!

Post # 4
750 posts
Busy bee

My July list is pretty short…I need to:

– Find the venue (originally had one but it isn’t going to work anymore)

– Begin dress shopping

– Start coming up with ideas for Save-The-Date Cards

Seriously if I just get the first one done I would feel so much better…I am so picky it’s ridiculous and I haven’t been able to find the perfect place yet 🙁 Once I do that I am going to start dress shopping and doing some of the more fun aspects of planning.

Post # 5
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

This is my first time joining a monthly to do list, so I probably have a bit more than you guys!

– Get a ballpark figure of the number of guests

– Finalize the bridal party and inform all of them!

– start a wedding website

– maybe order STD cards, which I’ve already designed (go team!!!)

– start talking to my mom about invites, since she’s gonna do all of them

I also want to start investigating the DJ, photographer, and caterer. but it’s still really early so I might not worry about that yet. Has anyone contacted any of them yet?  Did they laugh at you and tell you to come back in 6 months?

Post # 7
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

Design the save the dates

Hammer out a guest list

Ask FI’s sister to be a bridesmaid

Meet with the coordinator to hash out details

Post # 8
218 posts
Helper bee

@elysion:  Thanks, this is helpful!!!  I didn’t wanna be that crazy bride, but hey, even if I am… I’m not the only one!

Post # 9
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

@Flippy2013:  No, the earlier the better! I’ve had all of my vendors booked for months (except the ceremony venue and officiant–ceremony venue only rents out a year in advance and my officiant is really busy, so I’m waiting until we book the ceremony venue).

Let’s see:

– Get centerpiece pieces painted (I would have had this done already if it wasn’t so bloody hot) – bottles and ting branches
– E-pictures July 21st (!!!)

Post # 10
371 posts
Helper bee

This month we have…

• dinner with Groomsman J & his wife, which will probably included idea-bouncing and color-coordinating (J is in charge of attire for the groomsmen, since Mr. Cajun is color-blind)
  • dinner with Future Mother-In-Law
  • Maid/Matron of Honor & one other bridesmaid coming for lunch, shopping & DIY projects
  • the rescheduled e-pics

In addition, I need to…

• keep collecting glass, beads, candles, etc for the centerpieces
  • make a mock-up of the centerpieces
  • finish the first batch of bridal party giftbags (almost done, just need pics)
  • schedule cake tastings
  • schedule alterations fitting (but seamstress is Out of Town until the 25th)
  • catch up with my prospective female soloist for the ceremony (just found out our wedding date is her anniversary!)

Post # 11
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Well my dress came in today, so I need to go pick it up. Too bad I can’t afford to pay for the rest of it right now, and it has to be paid for within 30 days.

Post # 12
218 posts
Helper bee

OMG! You have a dress already!  Good for youWink

Post # 13
241 posts
Helper bee

This month, my ONLY thing to do is get the cake company booked.

Thank goodness 🙂

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee

@Flippy2013:  I’ve seen so much variation with this. But especially in large cities & major resort areas popular vendors book a year or more in advance (as of May our photographer was booked through next July, and our DJ to next June)!  Everyone was telling me we started too early, but we were almost too late!  I’ll have to put my vote with elysion and vorpalette on this one…

Post # 15
1855 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My focus for July is two fold:

– Get the Save-The-Date Cards out (they were supposed to be ready last week, and I have been too slammed with work to get them done).

– Figure out a decor plan and start acquiring decor supplies.  

I would love to put my shoes on the list (as they have been for months), but I am being realistic this month.  With work overload, travel overload, etc., I know it’s just not happening.  

Post # 16
332 posts
Helper bee

When are you ladies sending out your STDs?  I haven’t ordered mine yet but I’m planning to start those this month.  Not sure when to send them though!

The topic ‘August 2013ers – July To-Do List’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors