(Closed) August 2014 Brides – Where are you with your planning

posted 9 years ago in August 2014
Post # 17
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I am so behind.  We have our destination wedding picked out, the venue and where we are staying.  I haven’t even tried on a single dress, however I have looked online at some.  If only I looked like the models, modeling them lol. 

Post # 18
2748 posts
Sugar bee

I have my venue and ceremony booked (same location) and custom menu planned out. I’ve found an officant I like, but haven’t booked her yet. I’m looking at photographers, but haven’t picked one yet. I made a trial centerpiece. I also picked my dress and put down half it’s cost. I really should get moving on some of the other stuff.

@Erinplus6:  Don’t wish to look like the models, the real brides always look better in their dresses ๐Ÿ™‚ If you don’t believe me check out the model vs reality thread.

Post # 19
1298 posts
Bumble bee

We are going to sign the contract for the photographer this week – on Friday. I am so nervous that somehow something will go wrong between now and then or someone is going to swoop in and take my date even though we have an appointment to sign. Ye gods.

Post # 20
332 posts
Helper bee

When will most of you be sending out your save the dates? Just wanted to see when a good time for sending them out would be dont want to send them out too early or too late. Thanks in advance

Post # 21
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@MissParrot:  Our wedding guest list is almost entirely out of town guests, so we’ll probably be sending our save the dates at the beginning of 2014.

Post # 22
1298 posts
Bumble bee

We’re sending ours out in January – we have people coming from overseas and out of state.

Post # 23
1298 posts
Bumble bee

Double post but we signed the contract for our photographer today! I am so relieved, for some reason the whole photography thing stressed me out!

Post # 25
37 posts
Newbee

Just went dress shopping for the first time last night!

So far I have the reception venue and the photographer figured out. I know who I want for our DJ but haven’t booked them yet. The only thing I am nervous about at this point is we haven’t settled on a church – niether of us want to get married at our family churches so this has been a struggle. I also know what I want my colors to be and and idea of what I like for decorations. Seems like I am behind compared to all of you!!! Sealed

Post # 26
987 posts
Busy bee

@BeeRod527:  At first I wasn’t sure about video… but my DJ convinced me (and he wasn’t trying to sell me his video services, just the idea of it!) he told me the reality is that 25 years from now I will barely remember my wedding. And there are going to be lots of things I miss that day, the people who go down the aisle before, shenanigans at the cocktail hour, etc. And I couldn’t agree more. For my parents’ 25th anniversary we put their wedding tape on DVD and they love it! Almost every year my parents and us kids sit down and watch their wedding. It would suck if I didn’t know what my parents’ wedding was like, and the video does say a lot more than the pictures since I wasn’t there. So those are a few perspectives on it.

The DJ said, even if you can’t afford it, get someone to film the ceremony with their iPhone. Get something!!! It’s so easy to video record these days with all the available technology. 

Post # 27
987 posts
Busy bee

@yorkiemad00:  Don’t pick your bridesmaid dresses until you pick your dress!!! *hint hint* don’t want them to end up clashing

Post # 28
987 posts
Busy bee

@JackiBean:  It’s okay! It’s so easy to overthink things, especially if you are looking at other things like other dresses and venues. You are in good shape. Honestly, I doubt you will look back 20 years from now and be like “oh I should have gotten a mermaid gown instead of an A-line!” I think instead, with the right attitude, you’ll be like “I’m so happy Fiance and I got married, what a special, memorable day” so no worries, no sweat, you’ve got this! ๐Ÿ™‚ You’re doing great!

Post # 30
987 posts
Busy bee

@yorkiemad00:  sounds awesome!!! Which dress is yours? That is so funny because originally I was going to do champagne BMs but forwent it for navy. I think navy will look better with orange tiger lilies and it was hard to find a champagne dress that wasn’t too white and in a style all my BMs felt comfortable wearing. I’m letting them each choose their Alfred Sung dress in “midnight.” 

Thats awesome you’re almost done with invites! Where are you getting yours?

The topic ‘August 2014 Brides – Where are you with your planning’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors