Post # 62
We had to put a break on planning, as we’re in the Jewish holiday season, so we’ve had to focus on that, but so far this is what we’ve done:
- Colour scheme
- Caterer, baker, and tentative menu
- Booked the rabbi
- Bought my dress
- Bought the material for my veil
- Bought his tux (not the shirt or tie or anything else)
- In talks with 2 photo/videoography companies
- Started talking to our DJ
- Finished designing the invitations, I’ve selected our e-StDs.
- We have most of the contact info for our guest list completed,
- Started our registries, and almost completed one.
- He has my ring in the works, I know what I’m looking at for him.
- He’s asked all his GMs, I’ve asked my Maid/Matron of Honor and one Bridesmaid or Best Man, we’ve also asked one Flower Girl and Round Brilliant.
- Maid/Matron of Honor and I picked out the dresses for the BMs but nothing’s been booked.
- I’ve narrowed my florals and decor down to 3 companies.
- Picked favours, but nothing booked
- Come up with 2 ideas for rehearsal dinner (depending on the location we hopefully move to)
It feels like a lot more success in list form lol
Post # 63
It’s looking like $1250 and up … but I feel like by the time I rented the sound equipment to do something like Spotify it wouldn’t be worth it!
Post # 64
I’m trying to schedule our engagement session for late October/early November right now. I’m also going to buy my veil and earrings in the next few weeks.
I’m currently prodding Fiance to get a guest list together. I want the whole thing finalized by the end of December, sending Save-The-Date Cards out in January. I have my side pretty well done, but he needs to really think about his and also get a list from his mother. Getting him to prioritize people has been hard!
Post # 65
What on Earth comes with that? It has to be more than a sound system, right?
I’m still on my spotify tract, which I’m actually not regretting so much now that we kind of have all of the music worked out. We broke apart each segment of the ceremony and reception and have several songs which are okay to play during those blocks. So think of mingling and talking pre-dinner as a block and then after speeches, but before food is plated, as a block. It goes on like that through the course of the day. Doable, right?
Post # 66
Our venue is booked and confirmed. Deposit has been sent in.
Now I am in the process of booking our photographer (Ivan Luckie). He’s sending us the contract tonight.
I have also mailed my invitations and am still in the process of handing some out.
Post # 67
– Save the Dates are offically out 😉 ….onwards to picking a DJ next.
-Now if only my students would stop constantly asking me when I am getting married in the middle of my directions….
Post # 68
That does seem do-able. The $1250 is for the DJ and sound system … but now I’m starting to have luck finding some in the $800 to $1000 range, so I’m feeling a bit better. Good luck with yours!
Post # 69
My students randomly yell out asking what my name will be next year.
Post # 70
haha my students do that too, only they have asked if they can start calling me by my FI’s last name so they get get used to it….wasn’t sure what to respond to that on, other than “Thats not my name yet”.
Post # 71
After we finally nailed down the date everything else has gone smooth with the planning. Got my dress, shoes, jewelry, and basic hairstyle decided on. Finally decided on colors after changing mind repeatedly. Decided on the food, flowers, and reception decor. We have decided the town where were getting married and have ideas of where but we still need to get there to make the final decision. Found someone to marry us.
I feel like with everything that goes into planning that we are at the place where you just sit back now and wait for the time to get closer.
Post # 72
Wow I thought I was a planner but I feel behind lol. I will say that I work full time and go to school full time though. I have my ceremony site, reception site, caterer, officiant (my dad), photographer/videographer, engagement shoot done. Working on choosing centerpieces. Need to start looking at DJs and bridesmaids dresses.
Post # 73
Well our engagement session is next week and it is going to be raining AND OR snowing so basically that should be interesting. I have every confidence in my photographer but brrr. I am NOT wearing a coat the whole time so I am just going to have to man up!
Also a friend of the family just asked if they could throw me a Christmas shower, um.. yes. I’m so excited!
Post # 74
9 months and 7 days and we have our venue, dj, and photographer done this is getting more real as the time goes by
Post # 75
a little under 9 months to go, We have done our engagement pics, sent out save the dates, booked our reception/ceremony, booked our photographer officant, florist, DJ, picked out centerpeices, flowers ect. Made table numbers, I bought my dress.
Right now we are looking into booking our transportation, Honeymoon, and invitations.
Bridesmaid Dresses and Tuxes will be done but Janurary.
*I am also a teacher, and prefered to do a few things at a time to make it more convient less overwhelming for us. Just easier, in the long run.
Post # 76
HI WEDDING MONTH SISTAS!
- booked our venue
- booked the caterer & chose the menu
- booked the photographer & took engagement pictures
- picked out the wedding color scheme
- picked our linens
- chose/asked wedding party
- decided on bridesmaids dresses (ordering early next year)
- bought my dress and shoes
- chose officiant
- picked out wedding bands
- planned the honeymoon with travel agent (haven’t put deposit down yet)
we still have to…
- figure out which bakery we want to make the cake (we know the flavor and look)
- decide which DJ
- book a florist
- decide on STD & send them out
- choose invitations & send them out next year
- arrange accomodations for guests (we’re destination)
we have a wedding planner so we’ve been on the ball as much as possible. as soon as were able to make a decision, we do. i can’t believe it’s coming so fast!!!! ahh!!!!!!