(Closed) August 2014 – Lets see the dresses!!

posted 7 years ago in August 2014
Post # 17
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Our wedding is August 9, 2014!

(We are saying “I DO” the day before our 7 year anniversary)  

I Can’t wait to see his face when I walk down the aisle in this dress. 

Post # 18
246 posts
Helper bee

I didn’t realise, I never posted my dress! I found it the second time round. I never wanted strapless and this dress comes with the option of detachable straps that form a keyhole back. However, I love the back of the dress as it is just now, so I will see if I add the straps or not. I love seeing all those beautys here.

Post # 19
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick\'s Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

Gorgeous dresses ladies! Sorry it’s late! but i can finally share mine :D, although i am 3 months pregnant in the photos lol. Alfred Angelo Princess Jasmine with semi cathedral train in Ivory <3

Post # 20
145 posts
Blushing bee

Here’s mine! I found it super super on sale, and I can’t wait to wear it! It is hard trying to wait a whole year!

Post # 21
245 posts
Helper bee

I’m so relieved to see other August satin brides. I completely was instantly enamored by my satin dress once I tried it on, although I went into the dress buying experience wanting lace. I still worry a bit about the heat, but I may opt to get some of the underlayers of the dress taken out to get some of the weight off.

Post # 22
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@Aprilsfool: Beautiful!

Post # 23
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CatyLady:  Thank you! It was the sample and too big (they are still ordering the same size as the sample…no idea why), but it fit my criteria of “no bling” really well. I will get a blingy belt though. Just stalked you and your dress and I have to say that you looked amazing in your satin dress – and your bouquet was gorgeous!

Post # 24
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@Aprilsfool: Aw thanks, WB often makes me wishe I could do it all over again. It was silk rather than satin, I can’t wear satin, never have been able to come to think of it. Who’s the designer of your dress? I think they ordered my dress too big, think they were being too safe, as my hip measurement was border line, even the seamstress wondered why. 

Post # 25
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CatyLady:  oops! I am sorry for having mistaken the silk with satin 🙁 It really wasn’t my intention!

Well, the shop never told me what designer my dress is, but I found out by chance on WB that it is Mori Lee 1862. 

I think I will have to stop using WB once the wedding is over…or maybe just look at the non-wedding related threads, ’cause I might end up having regrets as well.. 😀

Post # 26
Hostess
11050 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
@Aprilsfool: I really like the Mori Lee lace dresses and the back on yours is lovely, I see why you like it, you’ll look great on your wedding day. Have you decided if you’re going to wear a veil?

Post # 27
246 posts
Helper bee

@OP: Sorry for hijacking your thread!

View original reply
@CatyLady:  The back was one of the features that sold me on the dress. It will be about 3 cms lower when the dress fits properly! Plus, you can add lacey sleeves so that you get a keyhole back. I am not sure if I will use them or a bolero…I will see when the time comes. Also, I am not going to wear a veil…I tried on different ones and they all looked ridiculous on me. I bought a headpiece with a few feathers and some sort of netting like in bird cage veils. I’ll probably gonna be using that one. Laughing

Post # 28
519 posts
Busy bee

and my reception dress *I never thought I’d be a two dress bride but the 2nd dress was only 99 bucks…..not entirely sure if i will even use it or not.

Post # 29
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MissParrot:  Absolutely love the first! And the back of the second one is amazing!

Post # 30
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I  love seeing other August 2014 brides with their dresses – I was feeling crazy for already having mine!  I don’t have any pictures yet, though, because my mom and I don’t trust me not to show Fiance.  So they’re on her camera until after the wedding 🙂

Post # 31
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Lots of dots!

Can’t wait to have it hemmed so it hangs straighter! Bought it while browsing about 2 months after I got engaged… It was on sale off the rack, couldn’t leave it!

The topic ‘August 2014 – Lets see the dresses!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors