(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....
    gorgeous eyes. : (19 votes)
    39 %
    perfect ears. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    awesome head of hair. : (7 votes)
    14 %
    outstanding nose. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    enviable physique. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    adorable feet. : (0 votes)
    beautiful smile. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    great sense of humor! : (8 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 17
    4143 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Good luck to everyone who is telling their families overt he next few days!!!

I’m 8w today. We told our moms immediately after we found out asw ell as a few of our BFF’s. After we saw the heartbeat last week, we told DH’s brothers and their wives. I go back the 10th. I’ll be almost 11 weeks so if things are still going well, we’ll just let it out as it comes up after that. 

Pmy symptoms have been coming and going (thankfully my doctor told me expect this so I’m not freaking out too badly). My nipples have been super sore. I’m exhausted all the time – Darling Husband does tease me because I go to bed at 8pm! But I haven’t thrown up since Saturday morning!!! I’m still not hungry and am not eating much, but the constant urge to puke has gone away. Here’s hoping it stays away until after the holidays! 

Post # 18
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@kate02121:  My Mother-In-Law is the same way…we don’t trust her not to say anything! My Darling Husband is going to be super strict with her about it when we break the news.

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve!

As some of you may have seen on another thread I started- I practically had a panic attack yesterday when my idiot doctor told me my HCG levels were dangerously low at 600HCG, 17DPO. Evil witch.

Anyway, trying to stay positive today. I’m preparing dinner for my Darling Husband and parents before we exchange our gifts. I think I may get them “Grandma” and “Grandpa” Christmas cards… πŸ™‚

Post # 19
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Glasgowbound:  Congrats on finding the heartbeat! Such a milestone moment.

My nipples are sore too…I thought my breasts would be getting sore by now but it’s just the nipples.

Post # 20
    4143 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@Evie19:  me too! I keep seeing peopke talk about how much their boobs hurt, so much that hugging hurts. My nipples are killing me, but the rest is fine. Although Darling Husband does love pointing out that eh are definatly getting bigger πŸ™‚ 

and I’m still mad about your doctor. Stupid doctor. although I love my doctor. I’m certainly seeing a different side of him now that I’m pregnant. There are so many more conversations than there were when I only saw him for my yearly exam. I’m having to get used to asking him for clarification/specifics πŸ™‚

Post # 21
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Glasgowbound:  Yeah my Darling Husband is excited about growth too! I can’t say I am! They’re big enough already…:-/

Thanks for the compassion. I’m trying to just calm down and get past my anger at her b/cI was way too worked up yesterday. My blood pressure must have been through the roof.

OB/GYNs really need to have patience to explain everything to us new mothers…we need reassurance and understanding.

Is anyone getting really bad acid reflux? I am! I have a huge case of Tums next to my bed, lol.

Post # 22
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@KatieBklyn:  thanksfor getting part two started! 

@kate02121:  good luck telling your fam tomorrow! How can I join the facebook group? 

I’m six weeks today! I am so thankful to be off work these next two weeks because MS has hit hard and yesterday it was 2pm before I could get myself out of the house. It is horrible. We haven’t told any family yet, and we celebrate xmas eve so I have SO much cooking to do today and it makes me gag even typing it to you ladies. Ugh! I also have to get out of the house for s blood test before they close at 12.

also, I am the lonely vote for wanting baby to have DHs nose. It is so tiny and cute and my nose is big and not as cute. If we couldblend the perfect featured from both of us, baby would have my big blue eyes and brown hair, his soft tanned skin and cute nose. 

Good luck to the rest of the ladies telling their families over the next few days!!

Post # 23
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@KatieBklyn:  I love that my name is already added to the list! 

Post # 24
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee

I feel great today! A little over 24 hours till we share the news w our families. The excitement is killing me!!! 

Post # 25
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee

@Glasgowbound:  aside from the sore nipples we have identical symptoms. Lol

Post # 26
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Good luck to everyone telling their families tonight/tomorrow!! Anyone doing anything cutesy for the surprise?

@KatieBklyn:  Great poll πŸ™‚ 

@Pink Asawa:  I’m the complete opposite — want baby X to get all his/her features from hubby except DH’s nose! haha

@Evie19:  I’m definitely having some heartburn/reflux but I get that once in a while even when not pregnant so can’t be sure it counts as a symptom. And I love the grandma/grandpa christmas card idea!

At 6w4d I haven’t had any boob soreness at all… am I the only one? Makes me kind of nervous. Bloating/gas/upset stomach/insomnia have definitely been around for the past 2 weeks in full force so I’m not symptom-free. I’m small to begin with and Darling Husband is definitely excited for the ‘growth’ that comes with pregnancy, but so far nothing!

I really appreciate having this place to talk to all you ladies – so far we have told only our parents, and plan to keep it that way until safely out of the first trimester. So it’s nice to have people to be excited with and complain to πŸ™‚  (DH can only listen to me talk about my stomach and bladder for so long, and my mom just compares everything I say to her last pregnancy 20+ years ago! “I didn’t get morning sickness at all” “I was never able to breast-pump”… Thanks, mom!)

For those planning to tell post-first trimester, is that 12 or 14 weeks? 

Post # 27
    308 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@Lolly1988:  I am with ya, I only have very few symptoms and other than the pt’s I wouldn’t know I was pregnant either. Almost wish I had more symptoms bc of that.

@kate02121:  Great idea on the poll! I kinda wish we could pick more than one! Haha! I chose my DH’s gorgeous eyes also πŸ™‚ And am I the only one that hasn’t POAS after I got my bfp?…I feel like I should! lol

I am also sooo excited to tell our families tomorrow. I am going to be with my mother’s side of the family tonight (Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins) and it is going to be so hard not to tell everyone there! I am most worried about telling my step-dad…he has been hounding me to start having grandbabies, so he is going to be so excited that I am afraid he is going to let it slip!

@Evie19:  Yes to acid reflux! Awful! πŸ™

So 5 Weeks tomorrow! Yay!

Merry Christmas to everyone that celebrates! Going to be a fabulous one!

Post # 28
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@mrssinger321:  lol I bet my mom will be the same way. Comparing everything to her pregnancies 25+ years ago! I believe 13 weeks is when 2nd tri starts. We will be telling immediate fam after our u/s which will be between 11-12 weeks (whenever we can get the appointment). Then we will tell everyone else around valentines day which will be 13.5 weeks

we haven’t told a soul yet (except my esthetician when I went for a wax last week haha) it is fun having our little secret but also hard because mom and siblings are on mega baby watch. 

Also wondering, when does everyone start seeing an OB? My doctor said he will be seeing me until I am about 24 weeks, then I transition to an OB who he will help me select.

Post # 29
    308 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@mrssinger321:  I am with you with the no sore bbs. They may be getting a little more full, but that is really it. Bloating/gas/upset stomach here too.

Post # 30
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee

@mrssinger321:  I bought a picture book for each family member (11 of them) and wrote a note like “Grandma will you please read this book to me in August? Cant wait to meet you. Love Baby M” inside the cover. We also took a couple announcement pics and made a little collage w them and put inside the boo. I have instructed the immediate family members from both sides they are to be here no later than 11 am tomorrow because we are passing them out at the same time. I have a feeling my dad knows whats up because he didnt ask me why I wasnt playing in our soccer game Fri night (1st time I have missed a game in 2 years) but everyone else asked and I had to lie and say I had a bad headache. Lol I am also a huge wine drinker (well was) and have never been known to turn down a glass of wine. At our friends house on Sunday (same friends also play on thr soccer team along w SIL) I turned down wine and my gf and SIL just gave me a weird look but thankfully didnt question it. 

Post # 31
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@Pink Asawa:  To you and anyone who wants to join the FB group. I’m new at being the admin, but I think if you pm me your full name I can find you and friend you, then invite you to the group.

FYI, the FB group has just become another outlet to share our stories and journey, to find out more about each other (more in depth stalking with real names, etc. haha), and we end up sharing pictures and some of the things that we don’t want to share on Weddingbee because it’s more public on here. And we’ve all separately verified that it is definitely private, as in unable to be searched or found by anyone not invited. Any and all are welcome!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors