(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....

gorgeous eyes.

perfect ears.

awesome head of hair.

outstanding nose.

enviable physique.

adorable feet.

beautiful smile.

great sense of humor!

• Post # 332
    4148 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @Evie19:  me too! I’m in NOVA and a teacher so I have the day off. Instead of getting up at 5:45am, I forced myself out of bed at 10:30. I know part of it is jet lag, but I am soooo tired. Like getting off the couch to get food is too much effort. I’ve been awake for less than 2 hours and I’m ready for a nap! 

Post # 333
    308 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  Oh my goodness!!! I must have missed your bfp!! Congratulations!! That is so wonderful! I just had my 1st u/s last Friday and I thought I was 6w 2d when really I was measuring at 5w 6d. We didn’t hear the hb, but we saw the hb fluttering on the u/s. It was a transvaginal u/s.

Post # 334
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
    @emelee:  I’m in Milwaukee too! My car said -16 on the drive to work this morning ๐Ÿ™

Post # 335
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

Anyone else being “babied” by family? My husband feels the need to hold my hand as we cross the street. My mom calls me ALL OF THE TIME asking me if I’m okay. It’s annoying. I want to tell them to save all of that for the later months when I feel like I’m twice myself and sweating like a sumo wrestler in the dead of summer.

Post # 336
    308 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  Was -18 this morning on my drive in to work…love it… :-/

Post # 337
    4430 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @hmmtmar:  Awwww!!!! Yay!!!!! :):) I’m not an August momma but I feel a special connection to both August and September babymommas! haha.

So exciting!

Post # 338
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  so glad you got some reassuring news!! Also freezing here in NYC. Luckily my office is always overheated so little bean and I are toasty right now.  So lucky all you bees who have off today!

Post # 340
    1018 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

In Michigan and my car registered at -13 on my way in. Windchill had us at -38

Basically I’m bundled up here at work with a space heater pointed under my desk!

When it finally its 20 on friday, its going to feel like August out there ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 341
    4148 posts
    Honey bee

I’m having one of those days where I’m worried about everything And feeling guilty about stuff I have no control over. 

I wasn’t hungry last night at dinner time so DH just had a sandwich. We would have the planned tacos for lunch today as I tend to be hungry more at lunch. Then today, I just feel icky – didn’t want food. So DH went out in the cold to get himself food because he couldn’t handle another sandwich. And I was crying about it (and am tearing up now!). We haven’t had a normal meal for dinner in weeks! DH only got real meals when we were in Hing kong because we were with his family – I just sat there and didn’t eat! I know I can’t control how I feel or if I want food. But I hate that this is messing up DH too. I’m sick of feeling gross. I want to be hungry and eat at normal times again. I want DH to get real food once a day and not have to live on sandwiches. 

Land now that I’m a few days away from my next OB appointment I’m freaking out that something wil be wrong. I’m petrified that we’ll go and be told its a MMC. I have no reason to think anything is wrong – still have a ton of symptoms, no bleeding or spotting at all, saw the heartbeat at my last appointment (which was 7w3d). But I know that none of that means anything with a MMC. I’m avoiding telling people because I worry that when I go on Friday, it will all be over. 

Usually, I handle my worry pretty well and feel pretty optimistic. But today it’s just getting to me. 

I just want to feel like myself again. 

Post # 342
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @azure:  Thanks for the details. I am aware of all that but the issue remains the same that all labs in this area refuse to give the test to anyone despite me offering our money to do so. In my discussion with Kaiser the labs that they are associated with won’t offer to do the testing (with or without Kaiser’s input) for anyone of low-risk and under 35. If I am willing to pay this should be a non-issue. They have the test and I have the money, you would think it would be a simple exchange of commerce.

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Glad to see someone else understands! Harmony, I will keep that in mind and look around for that. The first step is finding a lab that will allow me to test. Would you mind telling me the cost out of pocket? I read that the MaterniT21 was around $1,000 or so just wondering if Harmony is similar. Thanks again!

View original reply
    @kate02121:  I wish I could have these healthy cravings continue! I actually threw out a bad of cookies this morning from Christmas. I am not going to eat them and DH already chowed down on his favorite kinds. Just not interested in anything like that, which is beyond crazy based on my ideas of what a preggo craves.

View original reply
    @kate02121:  You are coming my direction!?!? Welcome! It is beautiful today, high 50’s/low 60’s. The sun is out and ready to greet you.

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  Congrats, you are officially a mom. I have decided that sheer panic and gut wrenching worry is really the tell tale sign of motherhood because we all have seemed to latch on to this mind set pretty hard.

I am sorry you are worried, you aren’t alone. Just keep focusing on the fact that in a few days you get to “see” your baby again. And all those icky feelings that you are upset about, those are just signs that your baby is growing and developing as planned. Embrace the gross, the nausea, the tweaks of pain and the tired. Every day I pray for these things as they are reminders that I am indeed growing someone inside me and that things are moving along. Praying for a wonderful and perfect appointment full of joy and good news!

Post # 343
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Okay ladies I got to see my baby yesterday and I cried on the way home. I had to go in for a preggo specific flu shot which I guess needs an order from the OB. While I was there I was mentioning to her my anxiety about the pregnancy and how I am just worried that something has or will go wrong. Her response was “well while you are here let’s check things out.” Brilliant!

I saw my baby and it looked like a baby. Stubby arms, feet, big head, saw the spinal column, the heart beat and yolk sack all there and obvious as can be. During the appointment I was in awe but as I drove home I broke down. I am a mom. I am growing a baby inside…right…now. I am no longer carrying a kidney bean I am carrying a baby. I handed the picture to DH when I got home and he was overwhelmed.

The baby measured at 9 weeks so I am back to my original timeline before the first appointment. Going to keep the due date of 8/14 but I am likely to deliver earlier. In other words the baby is thriving and growing. My next appointment is 1/24 and I cannot wait. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 344
    493 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @LoLo0113:  Yay for Milwaukee people!  We are the best ๐Ÿ™‚

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  How amazing!  I’m so excited for you!  I can’t imagine how that will feel and I can’t WAIT!

Post # 345
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  lol i keep telling myself to enjoy it now because when the baby gets here, i’m going to be chopped liver to these people. lol

Post # 346
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  Glad you have the day off! Teaching takes so much energy, I don’t know how you do it while feeling so out of it from the pregnancy…

I’m sorry you’re having anxiety before your next appointment. All I can say is I know how you feel and I wish you as much peace as possible during the scary first trimester.

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  That’s amazing!! Congrats. What a meaningful moment. I can’t wait to get to that point.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors