(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....

gorgeous eyes.

perfect ears.

awesome head of hair.

outstanding nose.

enviable physique.

adorable feet.

beautiful smile.

great sense of humor!

• Post # 348
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  Surf & turf, LOL. Very smart husband!

Post # 350
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Awww yay that is so exciting! My next appointment is Jan 24th too! I am terrified because it’s the Down’s Syndrome screening scan but I am also hopeful to see the baby growing and developing. Sigh- being a Mom really DOES mean constant worrying, doesn’t it? 

Post # 351
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  I totally understand, “I just want to feel like myself again” is exactly what I was thinking the other day! Then again, as @Treejewel19: said, these symptoms are a small sign of the miracle going on inside of us- so we can be thankful for that! But yes, I feel you on the whole being emotional, feeling like a tired blob all the time, hungry then sick, etc stuff. Hopefully 2nd trimester will be better! We are so close- a few more weeks ladies- FX and sticky healthy baby dust to all!

Post # 352
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Just had the first dr. appt!!!!! Saw baby via ultrasound, heartbeat is there, little guy is zooming around inside me with hands, feet, head – we saw everything! I think DH was overwhelmed – I certainly was. We react sooo differently, I started crying (happy tears!) and he was just stunned. Dr gave us a little print out of the ultrasound so now we have baby’s first picture!!!!!!!!!! Measuring 8w3d, the doctor gave me a corrected EDD of August 13. We are just so relieved/over the moon happy. 

Post # 353
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @salmonofmarriage:  Yay! You will have to give a full report. How far along are you? I will be between 11 and 12 weeks at that appointment so we will be telling people shortly after. So exciting!

Post # 354
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  Baby likes diamonds too. πŸ˜‰

Post # 356
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2009

hi everyone, have not been around much as i fell sick over xmas and the new year’s! was so miserable! everytime i wanted to cough, i wanted to puke too! bleh…. had to settle my daughter into preschool as well…

my update is that i went to the gynae at 6w3d and managed to hear a heartbeat! best sound in the world. gynae gave me this as a keepsake.sorry its the wrong side, no idea how to rotate it…

Post # 357
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @kate02121:  yep! I hear it at night when I’m trying to sleep, loud bangs, kinda sounds like someone trying to break into our house! It’s only scary until I realize what it is haha.

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  that is such an awesome update about seeing your baby!!!

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  i feel the same way. I can’t remember the last time we had a proper dinner, which means we don’t have lunches either because we usually take leftovers. We have been spending so much money on food, esp when I buy whatever I am currently in the mood for. 

anyone else feel like they wste so much food? I keep making/ buying food but then take a few bites and feel sick and cant finish. I hate it!

p.s I’m 8 weeks today, yay!

Post # 359
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  yes please!! thanks πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @Pink Asawa:  wasting food — tell me about it — we are trying to have salmon 1-2x a week for the omegas/protein (my mom swears it’s her pregnancy secret) and it’s not cheap, but tonight I just couldn’t stomach more than half of it!!! πŸ™ πŸ™

Post # 361
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Wow i cant believe we have 9 pages already, june are only just starting their second thread, it must be true that most babies are due in august lol, probably because its too cold in november/december so we all stay home and baby dance!! ha ha. 

I was wondering if anybody has any ‘idea’ of what gender they may be having? Obviously none of us will know for sure for at least 6 weeks thats if you chose to find out at all but do any of you have a feeling?

With my first i KNEW he was a boy from day one, i always called my bump ‘he’ and only ever had a boy name picked out. I had 5 u/s and on 4 of them they checked the sex and confirmed boy. This time im pretty sure its a girl but im still calling bump ‘he’ and i have a boy name picked out … im not sure what to think but since were staying team green this time around i think i will go back and forth right until he/she is born. 

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors