(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....

gorgeous eyes.

perfect ears.

awesome head of hair.

outstanding nose.

enviable physique.

adorable feet.

beautiful smile.

great sense of humor!

• Post # 362
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  I will be 12 weeks and a few days then. I’ve already told family and close friends about the pregnancy, so I imagine it will be fully public over the next two weeks as news trickles out. FX for us Jan 24th! I am worried for the appointment but also excited to get to that point (touch wood and FX) and see our baby again. Keep us posted about your appointment too! 

View original reply
    @bouncybee:  I have no idea really and we are team green- but I feel like it might be a little girl. Then again, we have our girl names picked out but we are not 100% on a boys name yet!

Post # 363
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
    @salmonofmarriage:  We’re in the same boat as you. Team Green, but really only have a girl name picked out. I am hoping it’s a girl and DH is hoping for a boy. I would love to give my mom a granddaughter since she already has 5 grandsons and one more coming in March!

Post # 364
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  OMG great news!! What a happy surprise. And yes, I’m here and it’s beautiful. But I’m barely here at all and that sucks, I have meetings all day and a presentation to give tonight, then I’m on the redeye home. Terrible planning. 

View original reply
    @mrssinger321:  That’s great! Congrats!

View original reply
    @Pink Asawa:  Yay for 8 weeks! That’s me tomorrow and I can’t wait. 

View original reply
    @bouncybee:  I go back and forth. A lot of the time I think girl from my gut. But timing wise (not that we were planning or trying Shettles) I feel like it’s more likely to be boy. We’re team green, too (I think, which is SOOO not like me bc I’m such a planner) so I have forever to wait and see. 

My flight was okay yesterday, I was able to sleep for most of it. But I got to the Philly airport early with every intention of getting a cup of delicious clam chowder and a crab cake from Legal Sea Food and it was CLOSED! Devastating to a hungry pregnant lady Laughing. I ended up getting….french fries and a salad. Ugh, but at that point I was so hungry and desperate. I had lots of snacks for the flight but slept through most of it. Last night at the hotel I slept badly again. I can’t shake this insomnia and poor sleeping. 

As I get closer to my Friday appointment, I get more and more nervous and I hate it. I just want to know that things are okay. 

Post # 365
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @salmonofmarriage:  
    View original reply
    @LoLo0113:  Lots of team greens, I love it! Do you think there’s any chance you’ll cave and find out, or are you firm? I’d say we are 85-90% team green, but then I hedge and tell myself that it’s still a huge surprise at that time if you choose to find out in advance anyway.  

Post # 366
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
    @kate02121:  Team Green is one thing DH and I have both been 100% sure about since we even started talking about TTC. I’m usually a big planner too, but this is one thing I want to be surprised about.

Post # 367
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @LoLo0113:  That’s great! I just think that, as our first child in particular, it’s going to be a great surpise either way – boy or girl. Unless I felt like either of us wanted one or the other and might be “disappointed” at the actual birth, I think we’ll stay Team Green, too. 

Post # 368
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @kate02121:  Don’t judge me, but I just had ice cream for breakfast. Hey, it has… calcium? ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ French fries and salad sounds pretty balanced to me!

Post # 369
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I’m just not feeling it today. Sitting up feels like a chore… I have growing pains all on the lower and left side of my tummy (cramps but not really – more like stretching pains), I’m tired, and just feel like laying down on my desk. 

I hope this day moves quickly. And I really want guacamole with chips and a grilled chicken sandwich for dinner. Yes, I said dinner. Yes, it’s still morning..don’t judge me.

Post # 370
    4148 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll:  I’m feeling the same today. I had a 2 hour delayed start (I’m a teacher) and I still feel like I could crawl under my desk and take a nap. And I have weird stretching pains, but mine are on the right side ๐Ÿ™‚ I haven’t had any in a while, so I guess it’s a good thing?

I just can’t eat today. I keep trying and keep gagging – dry heaving is sooo not fun. I am even gagging when I try to drink water. It’s getting really annoying.

2 days until my OB appointment. I’ll be 10w3d. Let’s hope I don’t fall asleep or puke on him ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 371
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  lol yeah don’t do that

Post # 372
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @mrssinger321:  Haha yes! We need calcium, the baby demands it. I laughed out loud at this. 

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll:  I’m not judging you either! I’ve planned out my meals for all of today already. But now may just have to add guac to that because it sounds so darn good. 

Post # 373
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  You poor thing. But I bet it wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened to your doctor!

Post # 374
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll:  OOOO i love guac chips… oh dear!

Yesterday it was pizza – which by the way I didn’t satisfy my craving for ๐Ÿ™ and today is buffalo chicken tenders with ranch and fries…UHK HEART ATTACK! i doubt i’ll get that for lunch…i’m trying not to cave into my cravings so early…maybe when i’m further along.

Post # 375
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  i know my pizza craving is coming and i’m ready for it… i am tired of ordering out for pizza and bought some things to make pizza at home as a healthier alternative. 

Post # 376
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @LoLo0113:  DH and I have always decided to be team green too. It was one of the first things we talked about when we started talking babies.

I sometimes feel like it is a girl, but don’t know if it is instinct or wishful thinking at this point lol. Based on our timing (O-2) it would be likely, but I try not to dwell on it just yet. That being said I have so many boy names that I love, and only 1 girl name that I like. DH and I haven’t started talking names yet, maybe after we see our little babe on u/s!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors