(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....
    gorgeous eyes. : (19 votes)
    39 %
    perfect ears. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    awesome head of hair. : (7 votes)
    14 %
    outstanding nose. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    enviable physique. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    adorable feet. : (0 votes)
    beautiful smile. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    great sense of humor! : (8 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 377
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
    @bouncybee:  i’m convinced i’m having a boy. i don’t know why, but i just have this sneaking suspicion that’s what i’m having. my husband comes from a family of almost all boys (his dad was 1 of 12, 10 of which were boys). i don’t really care either way, but i guess boys are more foreign to me. i grew up with one sister. a lot of little boys i know are so rambunctious and don’t know their strength (we have a friend with a little boy who will jump as hard as he can on top of my legs when i’m sitting on the floor or punch me out of the blue), which i’m terrified of. my mother in law likes to tell me that my husband was the perfect little boy (not convinced about that, lol).

Post # 378
    1018 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @BellaDee:  

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll: 

I’ve been craving onion rings/ and or a Blooming onion from otuback since about 9am…. just went to the coney island next door and got myself a side of onion rings and ranch dressing.

SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

The raging pregnant she-wolf that was ensuing has been tamed and I can pretend to go back on with my working life. While still obsessiong over everything pregnancy related and counting down the days until our appointment.

Post # 379
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Does anyone’s doc offer group visits? Mine does and I’m excited to start going! Looking forward to meeting other mama’s in my area. These are the topics for the next few weeks.

January 8 – pairs massage for the full 60 min (please bring a partner if possible)
    January 15 – nutrition/food demonstration – healthy weight gain in pregnancy
    January 22 – cord blood banking and yoga
    January 29 – “Ask the lactation consultant” and yoga

February 5 – Infant choking and yoga (<— weird combo huh?)
    February 12 – nutrition/food demonstration – DHA in pregnancy
    February 19 – childproofing/yoga (waiting to hear back from Kohl Safety Center)
    February 26 – new parent information

Post # 380
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @kenziemt:  I don’t think mine does, but that sounds SO COOL! What a great idea. I’m going to ask to see if they do offer it. 

Post # 381
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    @Pink Asawa:  I’ve been feeling girl as well and im hoping it’s not just wishful thinking. Haha. 

View original reply
    @blondie_bride:  Onion rings sound fantastic. 

Post # 382
    543 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @kate02121:  Yeah, what’s neat about it is I will actually get MORE time to ask questions with my doctor and other baby-related health professionals in my healthcare system. I’ll still get the regular amount of individual exams/test/ultrasounds, but its just a neat (free) bonus! Studies from the last ten years or so have shown that patients who go to prenatal group visits have better outcomes – even reduced rates of preterm birth!

I have been considering going the homebirth midwife route because the ones in my area offer group visits, but now that I know my doc does them, I will probably stick with her. 

Post # 383
    543 posts
    Busy bee

Oh and we’re also team green and I’ve been feeling BOY. Although, since I met my DH years ago I had this feeling, “I will have a son with this man who is JUST like him – a wild smartypants who questions authority.”

Post # 384
    2467 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19: If you call Sequenom (the MaterniT21 company) and tell them your insurance won’t cover the test, they’ll tell you what it would cost out of pocket – for me it would have been $200 (my doctor’s office claimed it would be over $1000, so don’t take your doc’s word for it!). I’ve forgotten what the Harmony test is going to run us – I think around $800? I obviously tried to do the MaterniT21 due to cost, but it didn’t work out, thus why we went with Harmony. We had results back in 8 business days. Good luck! I hope you find someone who will run the test for you!

Post # 385
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @kenziemt:  I think Kaiser has some classes like that although nothing as interesting as choking and yoga (really?). I doubt DH will want to attend many with our crazy schedule but I might try to fit a couple in once I am further along. Let me know if any end up to be particularly interesting!

View original reply
    @salmonofmarriage: 
    View original reply
    @kenziemt: 
    View original reply
    @LoLo0113: 
    View original reply
    @Pink Asawa:  You ladies are beyond amazing. There is NO WAY I could go without knowing, no possible way. So exciting though to have that little surprise at the end.

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  Uh oh, so sorry hun! Hope you feel better soon. What if you added a little citrus to your water? I know when I am feeling really icky that helps a little. Try some ginger candy or Preggo Pops (seriously they are amazing) to ease you stomach a little.

View original reply
    @mrssinger321: 
    View original reply
    @TaurianDoll: 
    View original reply
    @blondie_bride: 
    View original reply
    @BellaDee:  You ladies are living out my preggo fantasies, really. ALL I want/crave/can eat is healthy stuff. I just went to the store and my cart was by far the healthiest cart I probably have had ever (does not include my six week clean eating challenge, blech!). All fruit, veggies, yogurt, steel cut oats, raisins, eggs, almond milk etc. I think the worst and most scandalous thing was Lite Cool Whip which I like to put on my strawberries when I am feeling frisky.

Seriously, I want to eat ice cream…I really do but the idea is just no. No, no, no. 🙁

Post # 386
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Thanks so much! I will try that here soon. I am hoping I can find someone to work with me. I just don’t understand why they would make it so hard…take my money for crying out loud!

Post # 387
    4148 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  I was sucking on candy canes (peppermint) all day. It helped. I took a brief nap when I got home and i seem to be doing a bit better. Had some soup and salad and a few potato chips (all I’ve wanted was salt lately). I’ve also been drinking a TON of lemonade. I got hat Simply Lemonade brand that is literally just water, sugar, and lemon juice. It’s tart but that’s what I like about it. Not as good as straight water, but better than soda or nothing!

Post # 388
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  Glad you were able to eat something! I don’t know what it is about citrus but this little olive loves citrus and when I think I can’t bear to eat or drink anything citrus makes it better.

You might try adding some fresh lemons to water as well if you end up with a sugar rush! DH bought me this and I love it, absolutely love it. I take it filled every day to work to help with the afternoon nausea.’

http://zinganything.com/product/citruszinger

Post # 389
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @blondie_bride:  lol good work satisfying that craving Smile

Post # 390
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  awww but you’re doing so good!

Post # 391
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @LoLo0113:  Ooooh that’s so cute. I would love either, but secretly would love a little girl too!

View original reply
    @kate02121:  I am 100% firm team green! I actually have gotten to see a lot of deliveries- my aunt works in a maternity ward in Sweden and she let me come to work with her at one point- crazy but amazing! And anyways, I really really loved when the couple didn’t know the gender at birth. There is such a sweet moment when the shock of just the baby itself goes and then the “oh wait, is it a boy or a girl?!” and I really loved seeing the “oh my goodness it’s a ___!!!”. It’s a lovely surprise to witness. That said, my friend is 37 weeks and team green and says it’s hard these days to buy stuff for the baby because so many people find out the gender that everything is blue or pink! So I suppose that’s a downside to being team green!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors