(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....

gorgeous eyes.

perfect ears.

awesome head of hair.

outstanding nose.

enviable physique.

adorable feet.

beautiful smile.

great sense of humor!

• Post # 392
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Goodness you are being so healthy! The one indulgence that this baby seems to love is french bread- I NEVER buy baguettes but honestly for breakfast all I want is a piece of french bread. Sigh. Not exactly healthy! At least I am also craving lots of fruit too!

Post # 393
    2467 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Haha – that’s exactly how I felt about it! By the time I finally figured out how to order the test, I didn’t give a crap what it cost anymore – I just wanted it done! Another tidbit – the lab I went to which routinely does the Harmony test is LabCorp (http://www.labcorp.com/) – they have labs throughout the country, so if there’s one near you, then you just need to find a doc who will put in an order for you through LabCorp. Good luck!

Post # 394
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Oh man, I wish I could be eating like that now!! It’s so strange to feel both guilty and fulfilled when I eat my cravings – I can’t feel fully good about what I’m eating (even though it feels SO GOOD) because I think I am depriving baby of nutrients. I hope the little guy is enjoying my prenatal vitamins…. I miss chickens and veggies so much… but then I think about chicken/veggies and I gag a little. 

@the rest of you ladies — we are planning to find out the gender — we are both too curious! But honestly we would be happy with boy or girl, so I guess we feel like since we aren’t hoping for one or the other, we’ll be excited no matter what when we find out πŸ™‚ Also I can’t wait to buy cute onesies etc for the baby!!

Post # 395
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  that is so good of you! I don’t think I have had vegetables that aren’t in soup form in weeks. I wish I craved them because I normally love raw veggies but all I can stomach right now is bread, cereal, apples and sometimes popcorn. Add the fact that I have been too sick/scared to exercise I feel like I am getting pouchy and squishy already!

I walked up and down the grocery aisles and anything that didn’t make my stomach turn I grabbed. Mostly carbs. Then I thought of all the things people on the internet said helped with morning sickness and bought those too. DH laughed when I grabbed the frozen lemonade and said ‘one girl just eats this frozen from the can and it helps!’. He was like…ok honey, whatever you think will work! Lol

Post # 396
    253 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

View original reply
    @bouncybee:  Since the day we found out I was pregnant, I’ve thought the baby was a boy. I have no particular reason to think this – DH has several sisters, and we’d be sooo happy with either gender. It’s just a feeling. Guess we’ll see! We’ll definitely find out the gender at 18-20 weeks…I’m not patient enough to be team green! 

I loved reading about all the cravings! I’ve been blessed not to have MS (just some nausea now and then), and no major food aversions…just some stuff sounds really good and other things don’t. 

I can’t get enough milk, cheese, fruit, spaghetti, cheese pizza, and anything tart (sour grapes, green apple, lemon water). I’m really turned off by coffee (used to drink it daily) and vegetables right now (normally love them), and kind of ambivalent about meat and sweets. 

Post # 398
    405 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  Keep us posted! Good luck and sending positive thoughts your way!

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  Ive been so, so tired as well. I slept a lot of yesterday and then 12 hours of sleep last night and I still feel wrecked and nauseous. I fell asleep at my desk twice last week at work! Oh dear. Here’s hoping it settles by trimester number 2!

Post # 399
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  You aren’t alone! I remember reading that pregnant women frequently die for citrus..it might be something to do with citric acid? I love grapefruit and oranges…like when I have one I think it’s the greatest thing that ever crossed my mouth. O and I picked up a delicious bottle of cold lemonade based on your post. 

Post # 400
    4147 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  I have a big pitcher that does the same thing. I used it all the time pre-baby and the first few weeks in. Once I hit 9 weeks or so, water just stopped tasting good – even flavored water. So I’ve got lemonade, V8 Splash, and I found some Caprisun that is 100% juice so I have that as well.

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  Hope all goes well today!

View original reply
    @kate02121:  For the first 3-4 weeks of my pregnancy, I ate 3-4 clemintines a day. I just loved them – on top of drinking lemon water. Citrus was SOOO good. It’s tapered off a bit now, but I’m still loving the lemonade πŸ™‚

As for us, I think we are finding out the gender. DH initially wanted to wait and have it be a surprise and I wanted to find out. As we talked about it, I went more to the Team Green side and he came more the the finding out side. So I think we’ll find out. My doctor is having us do the genetic testing (since I’m 39) so we can find out in the next few weeks. I have my next appointment tomorrow and I’ll be 10w3d. I think they can do the test any time after 10 weeks so we may do the blood draw tomorrow. I’m not sure.

As for what I think we’re having – I have no idea. One day I’m convinced it’s a girl. The next I’m convinced it’s a boy. I kind of want a girl because I know she will have DH wrapped around her little finger and I think that will be cute πŸ™‚

Post # 401
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
    @bouncybee:  I’m not sure why, but I have a feeling it’s a girl…I would be happy with either, but my gut is telling me we have a little lady on the way. πŸ™‚

I don’t know how you team green-ers can hold out till labor to find out! It will be so exciting, I just could never have the willpower to wait.

Very disappointed in my eating habits these days…I just had cake for breakfast. I swear, once DH and I end vacation and return home, we will be eating lentils and salad for 2 weeks straight!

Post # 402
    308 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Oh my goodness!! All I have to say is you are amazing! I could not eat that healthy right now if my life depended on it and it sucks! I feel like such a cow :-/ Way to go on being all sorts of healthy!

I have been craving nothing but salty things lately. Although I have managed to get some yogurt in my diet each day…so that’s good at least. And water, water, water. But, now I want lemonade after seeing all the posts about it haha!

For all of you that are on Team Green, yay for you! I wish I could say that I am going Team Green too, but I am way too anxious to find out! I have been feeling like I am having a girl, not sure how, it’s just a feeling I guess πŸ™‚ DH has the same feeling.

Post # 403
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

I have a kind of silly question. When counting weeks, do you base it on EDD, conception, size baby is measuring, etc? Like how do I know which day of the week I can say I am the next week pregnant?

Post # 404
    Hostess
    11164 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @bananasareyellow:  Brilliant! I do believe they have a location around here because I have definitely seen that name before. I am going to get on this now! Thanks so much.

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll:  
    View original reply
    @mrssinger321: Thanks for the encouragement ladies! Can I live vacariously through you and your delicious and satisfying carbs?

View original reply
    @salmonofmarriage:  Mmmm French bread sounds divine! Warm with a hint of butter. Oh my goodness is it lunch time yet?

View original reply
    @KatieBklyn:  I had cream of wheat with almond milk, raisins, almonds and brown sugar last night. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Yeah if it isn’t quick and easy it isn’t happening. No shame for us preggos!

View original reply
    @Glasgowbound:  All this baby wants is citrus. My cart yestereday consisted of three different kinds of oranges, lemons and grapefruit. Is there an old wives tale about the sex and the baby and citrus? I wonder.

Post # 405
    Hostess
    11164 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @hmmtmar:  Ha ha no, not so amazing just have a picky baby! Thanks for the encouragement.

I am not team green, oh my no. And as I said I am in awe and inspired by those of you that are. I am hoping and praying for a girl and there are times I wonder but I think it is a boy. DH has strong boy genes in his family (soooo  many boys!) and the other day at my appointment when I saw the peanut on the u/s I immediately thought there HE is. March is so very far away! I want to know now.

DH found out that his annual awards dinner is on February 1st. I had hoped to share the news before then as there is one particular co-worker that would spend the entire time wondering and spreading rumors during the dinner…she has done with with every other preggo thus far. I want to take that joy away from her, my news to share!!! So we are thinking the last week in January after my appointment on the 24th. So excited!

So when is everyone else going to share their big news?

Post # 406
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @mrssinger321:  When I first found out, I based it on LMP and plugged it into a few aps, who give me updates every week. That’s how I do it, but I’m not sure if that’s wrong or right, or if it will change based on how my doctor measures me tomorrow. 

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  YUMMMM to cream of wheat! That sounds so amazing and warm. I think I know what I’m having for dinner tonight! 

I still don’t know how or when to share the news…definitely after we enter the second trimester, which for me right now I think is February 13. I may share it on Facebook a few weeks later after I tell those that I’d like to in person. I may not share it on Facebook at all. We’ll see how I’m feeling. 

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors