(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....
    gorgeous eyes. : (19 votes)
    39 %
    perfect ears. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    awesome head of hair. : (7 votes)
    14 %
    outstanding nose. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    enviable physique. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    adorable feet. : (0 votes)
    beautiful smile. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    great sense of humor! : (8 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 33
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@mjwyatt84:  Luckily my sister is the only one I’ve told so far. We are going over to my parents house tonight and plan on telling my side of the family. My mom knows I’m a big wine drinker so she asked me to bring some. I asked my sister what kind she wanted to drink since I can’t, and she offered to just bring it in exchange for me bringing the potato salad. I’m hoping we can make it through dinner without my mom realizing I’m not drinking. I want to save the little picture we made for her and my dad for last during present opening.

Post # 34
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@LoLo0113:  I have wanted to tell my SIL sooooo many times over the last week but my dad already claims I favor my “new family” as he called them. So knowing they all found out at the exact same time will put his mind at ease. Good luck telling your family tonight!!

Post # 35
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

@mjwyatt84:  DH doesn’t even know I told my sister. I told her the day I found out. I just can’t keep any secrets from her. I also told my three lady co-workers. I couldn’t help myself the day I came back from our first appointment. I let them know specifically that I’m not telling anyone else in the office until I’m in the second trimester though. The rest of my co-workers are men, so I don’t think it will be hard for us ladies to keep the secret. Wink

Post # 36
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

@kate02121:  lol I think I might be doing that as well. Oh well. I’m sure my husband isn’t a fan, but hopefully he understands. 

Post # 37
    139 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@kate02121:  I sent you a PM with my name!

I have already told my immediate family over the weekend (mom, dad, brother, sister) and will be telling my aunts, uncles and cousins tonight. We are super close, and I wanted to tell them in person. The next get together where I’d see them would be Easter, which is just way too far away! DHs whole family will be finding out tomorrow, as only his mom knows right now.

I am 8w1d today and still feel about the same! Always exhausted, super bloated, nauseous… however, I did take 1/4 of a unisom with 50mg of b6 last night, and I can’t believe how much better I feel.. still have no appetite, but don’t have the nagging nausea nonstop!

Post # 38
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

My boobs are shrinking. Im an A cup usually, went to a B cup for a while and now im back to an A. Pfft. I want big boobs. As a fat lady boobs are usally the ‘best asset’ along with a pretty face but i dont have the boobs!!!! I want the boobs so bad lol. 

As for who we have told, umm my bff, my husband, 4 or 5 girls at work (theres 50 of us so thats an achievment), my sisters, SIL, Mother-In-Law and her bf, Father-In-Law and SMIL, My cousin (she lives in switzerland so i never see her and we were once pregnant together and miscarried together so were quite close). I think thats it. I cant stand keeping it a secret, plus im sure people know im not good at hiding it. #

Symptoms wise, aside from being mega grumpy i have none. My food aversions have gone, im wide awake for now when im wanting bed by 6pm usually (its almosy 7pm), My boobs are not sore and have shrunk, although i am slightly constipated. My sense of smell isnt that strong and i dont feel sick. My headaches came back today though and i am dosing up on paracetamol to get me through past my sons bedtime so he can see me all happy and excited, as soon as hes in bed im sure ill go back to being a bitch lol (poor hubby). 

Im 8+3 days and i have some cramping/pulling in my uterus where the baby is, does anybody know if this is normal or if this with lack of symptoms is a worry? Its worrying me, FX i wake up tomorrow with nausea and am tired all day it would really make my day =] 

Merry christmas to everybody, to my ladies on facebook i shall probably appear on there over the next 2 days but staying off the laptop in an effort to be ‘festive’ haha. 

Post # 39
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@bouncybee:  trust me you do NOT want the nausea!! My doc told me that around 8 weeks is when I should start to get shooting/pulling pains in my uterus/pelvis. ligament pain. I think Treejewel also talked about having that in the last board. I think others have also talked about how symptoms will sort of come and go, so I wouldsay don’t stress yourself out, and enjoy while it lasts!

Post # 40
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Hi all! Merry Christmas to those celebrating! I am so thankful that my Darling Husband and I decided to stay home this year, instead of flying off to see family. Of course, we miss everyone, but it’s SO nice to be home right now. The last time we got any significant amount of time off together, alone, was for our honeymoon!

We are telling my parents tonight! I am SO nervous! My mom especially worries me, because she’s in a really negative place in her life. I know she wants to be a grandma, she just has so much going on in her life right now. She was happy about our wedding, but just couldn’t be as emotionally involved as I’d hoped. So my mom with either be THRILLED and this will be life-changing news for her, or she will feel overwhelmed, even more stressed and react in an un-enthused way. 

We told DH’s parents last week, while I was feeling so sick with nausea, because we needed someone to feel happy and give us support. Telling them was great and they are super excited. I’m so lucky to have them in my life. 

By the way, I have had almost 2 days in a ROW with no nausea! I don’t know what’s going on, but I think I got a handle on my eating habits and it helped enormously. It was reassuring to have strong symptoms, but I am so thankful I can enjoy the holiday and all the yummy food! Carbs are still most appealing to me, but my aversions have lessened. I’m thinking it’d be amazing if this nausea stayed away for the whole pregnancy. 6 weeks, 6 days today. 13 days until our first appointment, no ultrasound, but I hope the nurse gives the doppler a try!

Post # 41
    Hostess
    11165 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@KatieBklyn:  Thanks lady for starting a new thread. I am sorry I missed the last couple of pages on our other one.

@Pink Asawa:  I have the WORST nausea and it only seems to be getting worse. I have some bad bouts in the late morning and then towards the late afternoon/evening it gets pretty bad again.

I told Darling Husband today though that I am thankful for this obvious symptom, it lets me know that our peanut is growing. While miserable I have to say it is a nice sign of things.

@kenziemt:  So exciting! You will have to let us know how it goes. We are telling the in-laws tomorrow using a cute “grand kids” ornament. The package with the big announcement and US photo should be delivered tonight to my family in socal and opened at some point tomorrow. I am beyond excited! I hate keeping this secret.

Post # 42
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@kenziemt:  I hope it goes well for you tonight! Just keep in mind that even when reactions may be disappointing, underneath all that there is a ton of love for your little one!

Glad the nausea has passed for you. 🙂

@Treejewel19:  The ornament idea is so nice!

Have you tried ginger lollipops for helping with the nausea? I don’t have that symptom (yet) but someone told me it really works.

Post # 43
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee

@Evie19:  I am definitely going to go hunting for those lollipops! I’m so nervous about how I will get up and function when I have to go to work. Esp because I have a 1 hour commute on public transit. At least while I am on vacay I can take my time getting up, and munch on the food stored in my bedside table.

Post # 44
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Pink Asawa:  Oh, man a 1hr commute! Will your boss be understanding for a few weeks if you can’t get in on time every day?

Enjoy the days off. 🙂

Post # 45
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee

@Evie19:  oh yeah, it’s flexible so I can come in whenever. I may end up taking an extra hour in the morning to get moviing and just adjust my hours at work for a bit. We’ll see how I make out between now and january!

Post # 46
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Pink Asawa:  Oh that’s really lucky. Maybe into January the nausea will go away…:)

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors