(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....
    gorgeous eyes. : (19 votes)
    39 %
    perfect ears. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    awesome head of hair. : (7 votes)
    14 %
    outstanding nose. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    enviable physique. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    adorable feet. : (0 votes)
    beautiful smile. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    great sense of humor! : (8 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 47
    850 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

Ah! I told my family! My sister cried and my parents were both so excited! My dad said, “This is PERFECT, something good for your mother to focus on!” Ha! Hoping to tell my SIL and Brother-In-Law tomorrow!

ETA oops, wrong name – this is kenziemt!

Post # 48
    253 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

We told my family!!!! It was so wonderful. We had them over to our place for Christmas Eve and had my mom unwrap a present with a blanket, lovie, book and note. She figured it out pretty quickly and busted out crying! they were all so happy. 

Still have to tell DH’s family when we see them next week. First I have an u/s Monday to confirm the dating and hopefully (I’m praying) see a heartbeat. I’ll be a little over 7 weeks then. 

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates! 

Post # 49
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@remijp:  &

@littlebee3:  Wonderful! So glad you both had happy experiences breaking the news to your families! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 50
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2009

wow, we are onto part 2!

Merry xmas everyone!

we did the announcement to my family during our family gift exchange. we waited til everyone had opened their presents before giving my youngest sister the ” gift”.  she was trying to guess what was it and i was like ” hurry and open it already”

inside was a card that the front said ” Dear XXX, you would only get this present …and the inside was “…9 months later” with a picture and the word “godma in the making” my sisters’ reaction was so fun to watch. glad that we caught it on video….

this was the picture in the card

Post # 51
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@fifteenmay:  So fun and exciting Congrats!! 

3.5 hours until we tell our families. I woke up with butterflies and the BEST feeling in the world. Ahhhhhhhh Merry Christmas!!

Post # 52
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Damn pregnancy hormones have me crying like a baby reading about all of those who have told their families over Christmas.  Congrats to you all!

We are choosing to wait to share the news and boy was it a challenge to get through Christmas Eve dinner with DH’s family. There seemed to be more soft cheese, wine, and rare meats than ever before and of course they did a champagne toast for my Brother-In-Law and his new fiancé who just got engaged this past week. I felt like I was being set up! Haha

i hope everyone’s having an amazing Christmas. I’m so grateful to have you all to share this special secret with ๐Ÿ™‚ Merry Christmas!

Post # 53
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@mjwyatt84:  Haha we’re headed to my in-laws now and we have just a few hours until we share the news, too. I’m so excited! Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

@fifteenmay:  That’s adorable ๐Ÿ™‚

@mariwithani:  I think it’s a great decision to keep the secret for now….and wow are you strong to have done so! Do you think anyone noticed you were abstaining?

Post # 54
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@fifteenmay:  That is adorable! How sweet!

@mjwyatt84:  Enjoy the happy day!!

@mariwithani:  It’s sooo hard not to partake in soft cheese and alcohol, isn’t it? I’m also grateful for this community to share our experiences with.

@kate02121:  I hope you have a super special day with your in-laws!

My HCG levels doubled! Best xmas present ever.

Post # 55
    4143 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@Evie19:  so happy to hear that!!!!!

AFM – spoke too soon on the puking ๐Ÿ™ haven’t been feeling great most of the day and food just made me feel worse. Just spent the last 5 minutes revisiting Christmas dinner. 

Is it wrong that this makes me feel a little better that things are still going well??? Partially I’m paranoid as I’m making a 16 hour plane ride tomorrow – DC to Hong Kong. 

Post # 56
    487 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

Hi bees! I’m not an August momma but my sister is and she’s having twins!!!!! I’m so so so excited to welcome them into our family and just wanted to say hellO to other August moms. I hope your families are all as excited as I am. I love these boards! 

Post # 57
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

it is finally christmas day (okay, night) and we announced to my parents by giving them a newborn onesie with the words I LOVE GRANDMA AND GRANDPA coming august 2014.

we are due august 10. feeling great today. surprisingly, i have felt pretty good (no noticeable nausea) for the past 2 days! just tired and bloating…what else is new.

my husband gave me a beautiful necklace that reads – to my wife, and mother-to-be, i love you.

outrageously sweet.

Post # 58
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@fifteenmay:  so adorable!!

@Glasgowbound:  good luck tomorrow with your flight. Hopefully you can get some rest on the plane so you don’t notice any queasiness. Have fun in HK it’s an awesome place!

congrats to the rest of you who spilled the beans today!! We still have our secret, so it is fun to hear how your experiences went! Is it crazy I was watching pregnancy announcements on youtube and getting teary?! Lol! I can’t wait to finally reveal, but Darling Husband feels pretty strongly about waiting until after our first ultrasound (around 11weeks). 5 weeks to go!!

Post # 59
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Well it seems as though things are looking up. I’m really having a hard time accepting that we actually made a baby. Hubby told most of his family in the last couple of days and everyone seemed pretty happy about it.  

Symptoms have not been too bad the last couple days. Still very crampy and nauseous on and off and bawling at pretty much everything but now that it’s finally setting in, I think I’m more excited than anything. I’ll gladly endure these little things!

My little sister is due in July so I’m kind of trying to hold off telling my family as to not steal her thunder. Silly, I know.

Congrats again, to all of you. 

Post # 60
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Glasgowbound:  Thanks! Good luck on the flight!

@CaseyC2611:  Congrats to your sis and the whole family!

@TaurianDoll:  That gift from your husband is very touching. He’s a keeper!

@Pink Asawa:  Bravo to you for being able to keep it a secret…I wouldn’t last a day!

@cbco:  You won’t steal your sister’s thunder, itll just add to the happiness for the whole family. And she probably had her moment breaking the news to everyone already, right?

Post # 61
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@Evie19:  You have no idea how happy I am to read that!! Again, I just shake my head at that kook of a doctor. 

@Pink Asawa: Good for you…that’s definitely the safe way to do it! We told the in-laws and it was definitely a very exciting moment, followed by lots of cautions and pleas by us to keep it secret because it’s so early and still so uncertain. When you tell, I’m sure you’ll be much more secure.  

@cbco:  That’s sweet of you, but if she’s anything like me and my sisters, she’ll be nothing but happy for you and excited to share the journey with you!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors