(Closed) August 2014 Mamas – Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: I hope our baby gets his/her daddy's....
    gorgeous eyes. : (19 votes)
    39 %
    perfect ears. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    awesome head of hair. : (7 votes)
    14 %
    outstanding nose. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    enviable physique. : (4 votes)
    8 %
    adorable feet. : (0 votes)
    beautiful smile. : (9 votes)
    18 %
    great sense of humor! : (8 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 62
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I started feeling nauseous 3 days ago and it comes in the morning and also in the afternoon. I am truly miserable. Hopefully it will be over soon.

Post # 63
    253 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

@cbco:  we found out yesterday that my SIL is due in July too! They’ve been married longer than us and are older, so I’m actually relieved that they’re having a baby first… I think she would have been super gracious if we did, but it’s better this way. 

Now I’m so nervous about telling my in laws next week! I don’t want to be a thunder stealer…but I’m due a month after her (if that!). I know everyone will be so happy (and very surprised)…just not sure what the dynamics will be now! 

Post # 64
    715 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@Glasgowbound:  Sorry about the puking but at the same time, congrats on the puking! Haha it means little bean is growing! Good luck with your flight!

@CaseyC2611:  Congrats to your sister and your family!  Two little blessings, how wonderful πŸ™‚

@TaurianDoll:  How incredibly sweet of your DH! Such a beautiful gesture!

@Pink Asawa:  We’ll be revealing around the same time. I am guilty of watching reveals on YouTube as well. I can’t wait until its our time to share the news too! πŸ™‚

AFM, I woke up Christmas morning feeling like I was hungover!  Nauseated and just plain icky. Loved every minute of it though. It’s finally starting to feel real.  My symptoms are only getting stronger. Because of my previous miscarriage, I’ve felt pregnant but haven’t felt like I was “expecting”, if that makes any sense, as a defense mechanism. But I finally felt comfortable talking to Darling Husband about next Christmas with our new LO. πŸ™‚

Post # 65
    1278 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

We told both families yesterday and it was a perfect moment. We told them we wanted to get them all a little something to commemorate our First Christmas as married couple in our new home and we are so grateful for all of them. We passed out a bag to each family member (all 11) and directed them to only open once we said go. DHs granny was the 1st to shout out “OMG they r having a baby!!!” As she read the book that said “Great Granny will you read this book to me in August”. DHs mom just sat crying she was so excited. My family was excited too but they are not criers LOL. It was such a fun exciting emotional exhausting day and I wouldnt have had it any other way. We spent the rest of the day talking about names, boys vs girls (they dont think I will be able to not find out and I say I can hehehe). I still feel great and have been beaming from ear to ear. They were told only family can know for now, which in our case is still like 50 people or so. Cant wait for 1st dr appt on Jan 9th!!

Post # 66
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

This is the poem I printed out for my parents and Father-In-Law and SIL. It was so fun to see their reactions when everyone got to the word baby! Everyone had to read it a few times before they could read the whole thing through. It was awesome! My mom was so excited and Father-In-Law even cried.

A

CHRISTMAS

MIRACLE HAS

BLESSED OUR HOME

FINALLY, A BABY TO CALL

OUR OWN! WE’RE DUE NEXT

AUGUST, SO WE JUST HAVE TO SAY

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND

HAPPY

HOLIDAYS!

Love, Laura & Ryan

We were also reminded that DH’s mom’s birthday was August 5th. She passed away in 2008, so it would be really special to have our LO born on her birthday. πŸ™‚

Post # 67
    Hostess
    11165 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@KS240030:  So sorry hun. Nausea (and vomiting) are the worst. Mine has been pretty intense and throughout the day…morning sickness is a lie!

Some things that have helped me:

-eat light snacks/meals every two hours

-keep crackers, nuts, jolly ranchers (or preggo pops, they work great and all natural fruit), and fruit snacks to ease the nausea when it hits.

-drink loads of water until you burst

-take deep breaths when it gets really bad and just try to relax until it eases a bit

-when you are hungry eat what you crave. In other words don’t force healthy food options if they make you feel icky. It just isn’t worth it and every book I have read says eat what you can and what you want. Considering we can’t get much down anyways it really isn’t an issue.

Hope you feel better!!

Post # 68
    Hostess
    11165 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

Well yesterday we told DH’s immediate family and my immediate family.

For my immediate family I had shipped an U/S photo with a cute little scrapbook due date on it. I had it wrapped up and gave my mom a card that said “grandma” and my grandma a card that said “great grandma.” When my uncle handed them out my cousin realized what was happening and even though I was 500+ miles away filmed what came next on her phone so that I could see their reaction. I tell you nothing is more precious to me than that video and I am so blessed that she did that for me. I was crying when I watched it. My mom was so overwhelmed she started to cry once she realized what was going on and then my grandma opened hers and also started crying. My uncles and aunts started cheering and it was just amazing. While I am sad I couldn’t be there in person I am again ever so grateful for that video!

For DH’s family we had prepared an ornament of the “grandkids” with three little ones sleeping in a mitten with hats on. We put the nephew’s names on the first two hats and on the third I put a sticker that said “8/14.” We gave it to them last and when they opened it it took a second for them to realize. They said “are you really?” and when we said yes they were so excited. DH’s brothers, SIL and sister were also so excited. They started to ask all sorts of questions and it was just a wonderful feeling to finally share the good news.

I am so happy that we finally told them, it makes it just a little more real.

Post # 69
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

@Treejewel19:  That’s great! I can imagine how precious that video is :). Sorry you couldn’t be there to celebrate in person, but that’s the benefit of technology these days, right? Congrats on sharing your news and having it go so well. 

Post # 70
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

I’m reading your stories and crying!! I’d say it was pregnancy hormones, but I don’t think so….these are really beautiful moments you guys are describing.

Post # 71
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

@Evie19:  I’ve also been crying as I read everyone’s big reveals πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Guys, this board is already so full of love!!

Anyone else distracted by looking at stroller and crib reviews online? Just for fun, no serious research yet πŸ™‚ Just can’t believe that in 8+ months it’ll be us pushing little babies around!

Post # 72
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@mrssinger321:  Maybe the experience mamas will tell me I’m insane, but I really want to avoid getting a giant stroller/carseat/travel system. Obviously, we’ll get a carseat, but as a nanny, I hated carrying babies around in them. So heavy and bulky. I hope to wear the baby as much as possible and use a small, foldable stroller when necessary. 

I reeeaaallly want a crib that converts into a bigger kid bed. http://www.stokke.com/en-us/beds/stokke-sleepi-bed/product-concept.aspx

But to be honest, the idea of all this baby stuff gives me anxiety! I hate “stuff” in general and want to take a minimalist approach. My husband is even worse than me, if it were up to him, he’d have the baby sleeping in the sock drawer!

Post # 74
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@mrssinger321:  Ive been researching prams for a long time. I made a mistake with my son and had a huge graco travel system that was heavy and bulky. I ended up selling it when he was 1 and getting a buggy, so much easier. That was 5 years ago now though and there are so many lightweight travel systems out there now. I love the bugaboo but its way out of my price range (unless i ebay it) or a babystyle oyster. I love the oyster so i think thats the one i will go for =] I also still have a bassinet from my son and a cot too so im all set there. You can never start too soon looking at reviews because if the one you love goes on special offer you can buy it super cheap =] 

Post # 75
    377 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Congrats to everybody who told their families over xmas, all the reveals sound super cute and im so glad the reactions were what you wanted. 

I have felt fab the last few days no symptoms really, managed to stay up and play xbox with hubby on xmas day and go to the inlaws last night for a party. It was brilliant while it lasted, today i have caught my sons cold and i have really bad nausea so if you get days where you feel normal then make the most of them because they dont last lol.  

I know we are all in the first trimester so far but has anybody thought about the birth yet? My midwife is going to ask me about what i want to do when i see her next week and although i dont have to have a 100% decision made i need to have an idea since my last birth was an emergency c-section at 35 weeks so i need to choose elective c-section or a vbac and im torn!! 

Post # 76
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

@bouncybee:  Feel better hun! I still have no nausea at 6 w 1 d…sort of wishing I did! Every once in a while, I get a hint of some, but then it passes and I’m not sure it ever really happened.

I’m trying not to think too hard about the birth or buying things until I have my first appointment, but I do think I’ll want to go the route of vaginal birth with epidural as of now…assuming that’s possible. 

FWIW, my sister, who originally wanted a natural birth with no drugs, had an emergency c-section for her first, and elected to have a scheduled c-section for the second. She is pleased with her decision and both babies are healthy as can be. 

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors