(Closed) August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 196
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

BellaDee:  thank you! It was manageable with the right support (counter pressure on lower back, hip squeezes, etc). It felt a bit unmanageable at the very end but the final stage is just that, the final stage so at that point it’s almost over. 

I pushed for 30 minutes and she came right out, no problem. 

Post # 199
4430 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

blondie_bride:  how you doin girl??? Hope all is well!!!

Post # 202
1018 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

BellaDee:  Hey!! I’ve been so MIA on here and I keep forgetting to check in!!

Doing good, all things considered– ready to be done!

At our 36 week appointment we did the u/s for size and position– drum roll, we’re breech! not exactly what we were hoping for, but baby is healthy so thats all that matters!

Assuming baby stays breech I am scheduled for a c-section on Aug 27th– I go back to the dr on tuesday to double check that we’re still breech. Doc and u/s tech are both pretty confident that baby isnt going to flip given the size, location, first time baby, etc. But i’ve been on all fours trying out any yoga moves that may work!!

How have you been?!? You’re just as close as I am, basically!!

Post # 203
4430 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

blondie_bride:  Oh wow 🙁 try hot and cold packs, too if you haven’t already! And last resort I heard some try accupuncture..there’s a few girls in our group with breech/frank breech and transverse babies.  Regardless baby is coming soon! You must be so excited.  Do you have an idea if it’s a boy or a girl? (I think I remember you being team green?)

I’m 36 weeks tomorrow! I have my appt in the morning to find out how i’m progressing, and the GBS swab.  Is getting an U/S routine for your area to check position and size? My last appt he just felt really low and pushed on either side and felt his head in my pelvis, and he hasn’t moved since then. I’d love to know how much he weighs, though! When I tell family I don’t know how much he weighs they give me a look like I’m crazy…but normally you don’t know!

I’ve been having a lot of sensations lately that don’t feel “right”.  I have intense pressure centered in my lower cervical area like someone is pushing/pulling my uterus downward (baby?) and sometimes it makes my back feel sore…I’m going to mention it tomorrow! I’ve also had 2 BH scares that were coming 5-15 mins apart lasting 50 seconds each for over 4 hours.

I have no idea what’s going on but hoping baby makes an apperance sooner than later!

Post # 204
1018 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

BellaDee:  Holy cow! getting close!

The 36 week scan was routine, at least for my dr office– that way they can get a better impression on how the baby is growing/ what to expect for the last few weeks, if baby should be induced due to size, check for breech, etc.

I have had very little excitement with regards to cramping/ braxton hicks, etc. just starting to get dull period like cramps– maybe one or two a day, tops. Last check they did (at 36 weeks) I was 1 cm dialated, but no effacement.

No real idea on whether we’re having boy or girl, everyone who “knows exactly what im having” is different from the next person– i swear this baby is going to shock everyone! I’ve had dreams both ways, the heartrate is in the middle of the field, my cravings don’t suggest one way or the other… its a craps shoot!

Definitely ask your doctor about all of the pressure/ sensations– I noticed that when I over work myself, or bend over to pick something up, i get a lot of pelvic pressure. I know some girls in our fb group said they got back pain with contractions the closer they got to labor– i know some women have contractions for a long time before “the real deal”

Keep us updated!! I’d also ask your doc what size they think your baby is– i’ve heard that the belly measurement is nota very reliable predictor, so i’d be surprised if thats all they went by! Don’t need you to be going full-term and delivering a 10 pounder!!

Post # 205
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

TaurianDoll:  congrats on your daughter and for giving birth naturally like you wanted!!!!! Sydney is beautiful!

Post # 208
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Sorry it took me so long to update on here. After 25+ hours of labor Caidence Otilia was born on 8/7/14 at 3:14pm weighing 8lb 1oz. She’s absolutely perfect (at least we think so! )

Not sure why this last one is upside down. 🙁

Post # 209
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

TaurianDoll:  LoLo0113:  congrats ladies! your little girls are precious! 

How are my fellow still-pregnant ladies doing? Today is my due date…no baby!! I have an appointment in a couple hours so we’ll see what they say…I’ve been feeling a bit crampy off and on for the last few days, had a somewhat upset tummy (diarrhea…sorry if that’s TMI) and been noticing increased Braxton Hicks. almost positive baby has dropped since last week too, since my rib pain is better but I can’t stay out of the bathroom and have developed a slight waddle, which i didn’t have before. Hoping these are signs athat she’ll be making an appearance ASAP! Physically I actually feel ok (relatively speaking), but mentally this waiting game is wearing me out. 

Post # 210
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

littlebee3:  still pregnant over here! We have our fingers crossed for this weekend, but it’s not feeling too likely. Sigh.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors