(Closed) August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
4430 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  are you trying anything natural to give you a push? Even if it doesn’t work is it something you considered?

I have been eating pineapple and some of the core and using acupressure. I feel slightly crampy but who knows! Just trying to ripen the cervix. 

Post # 212
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

BellaDee:  I’ve been walking like crazy, drinking rrl tea, taking epo, um enjoying the last bit of alone time with my Darling Husband, and I had my membranes stripped yesterday. I’m just feeling particularly down about it today because last night I lost my mucus plug, had a ton of bloody show, and labor pains got regular overnight but puttered out this morning :(.

tonight we’re having the spiciest Thai food around so maybe that will get him moving!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  .
Post # 213
4430 posts
Honey bee

cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  awww man! Sounds like you have done it all!!!! Maybe some more alone time will help 😉 and yay for spicy food! Sounds like you aren’t too far from labor, though! Good luck!!! 

Post # 214
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  we are also hoping for this weekend but I’m somewhat discouraged…only 1 cm dilated today at my appt, although baby has dropped significantly. Have been trying many of the same tactics as you for the last few days.

My doctor scheduled an ultrasound for the end of next week to monitor baby and placenta (assuming I don’t have her before then), and if everything checks out ok will wait til the following Monday to induce (letting me go 10 days over at most). 

Post # 215
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

BellaDee:  thanks!

littlebee3:  my midwife won’t talk about induction dates yet, but if he’s still in there at my 40 week appointment (on Thursday) we’re going to ask to set the date for 41 weeks. I just feel like I could handle the wait better if I had a for sure end date.

Post # 216
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

TaurianDoll:  Huge congrats! Just came in to see all the adorable August babies so far and saw you had yours! Well done on the natural birth and I love your little girl’s name. All the best!

Post # 219
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

kate02121:  He’s perfect! That is so wonderful that you only had to push for 20 mins. You will do great at home alone tonight! If you find yourself awake at multiple times tonight for feedings/diaper changes, you can always log on to the WB facebook group, there are like 6 or 7 of us that are up throughout the night commenting on there, haha!

Post # 220
4430 posts
Honey bee

kate02121:  yay lady!!! Or should I say… Momma!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy, He’s adorable!  All the best on your first night home. 

Post # 221
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

kate02121:  hooray, congrats! He’s precious! That’s awesome you only had to push for 20 minutes! 

40+3 today and still no sign of baby girl. Although I know it’s pretty normal to go over, especially with my first baby and my family history, it’s emotionally and mentally draining. Of course physically I’m kind of over being pregnant too, but I’m not terribly uncomfortable with the exception of not sleeping very well. Still having tons of BH contractions, upset tummy, and baby feels very low. Otherwise…nada. Maximum time til induction is one week from today. Praying she comes ASAP on her own! 

Post # 222
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

kate02121:  Popping in to say CONGRATULATIONS!  I’m so so happy for you and Darling Husband and it sounds like you had a great birth experience. He’s such a handsome little guy!  🙂

Post # 224
86 posts
Worker bee

Congrats to all the new mamas and baby dust to those still waiting! I’m excited to introduce our daughter Sadie Anne born August 13th at 10:41pm 6lbs 3oz 18.5in 

I ended up having to be induced at 39 weeks for low amniotic fluid. My doctor told me your body is just done being pregnant. My labour ended up much different than I had planned because of all the medical intervention but the pushing part was great she came out within 40min of pushing. She is a little jaundice now so we are keeping a close eye on that. Birth story to come….. For now here are a few pictures of our little sweetie! 

Grandpa and Dad playing dress up with sunglasses! Looks like she’s ready for our trip to Jamacia in January!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors