(Closed) August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 226
1018 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Well ladies, baby is still breech so we’re in the books for a c-section on August 27th.

Not our ideal situation but we’re a lot more comfortable iwth it than we were before, and we both really like our doctor so that is giving us peace of mind.

So unless this baby comes beforehand (which doesn’t appear to be the case) i’ll be holding my little one a week from tomorrow!!

Post # 227
4430 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

blondie_bride:  awwww well sounds like you have a good attitude about it! isnt it weird knowing exactly when??? good luck with everything I’m sure you’ll do great. 

Post # 228
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

rustic0820:  congrats! she’s adorable, love her name!

Post # 229
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

kate02121:  look at that perfect little face! Congrats on your BOY! wasn’t it such an incredible feeling when you learned that your intuition about his gender was correct? When Darling Husband announced our baby girl I cried as I held her and just kept saying ‘I KNEW you were a girl, my baby girl, I knew it’ etc

rustic0820:  congrats! Sadie is such a pretty name and she is adorable!

Post # 230
1018 posts
Bumble bee

BellaDee:  it is totally strange knowing an exact birthday (assuming baby doesnt come before!)

We’re both in the mind frame that whatever gets this baby here safely, is what we’re gonna do! I’m just praying that we make it to the scheduled date so that we can get the last few things in order!!

How are you feeling? Any signs of progress?

Post # 231
4430 posts
Honey bee

blondie_bride:  I’m feeling done still…No real signs yet.  I have an appointment tomorrow morning so I guess we’ll see where we’re at.  I’m going to mention stripping my membranes and see when they’d like to consider It… My guess is 38-39 weeks. I just need something to look forward to even if it’s not a sure thing! 

I can’t wait to see your baby pictures! Are you nervous about surgery? 

Post # 232
1018 posts
Bumble bee

BellaDee:  Definitely having something to look forward to will help you get thru the last few weeks!

We’re nervous, excited, scared, anxious… basically every emotion! But we know that this is the only way this baby getting here, so ready or not, here he/she comes! I think i’m most nervous for the recovery portion of it all– but I will have lots of help from Darling Husband and our families to help, especially with the non-baby things like dishes/ laundry/ driving to appointments.

Post # 233
4430 posts
Honey bee

blondie_bride:  yes! That’s really good to have all that support. I would be most anxious to finally know if you’re having a boy or girl!!! I can’t imagine what that feels like I give you major props for hanging on! I might try with #2 but I doubt it haha. 

Post # 234
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

So many babies have been born, I can’t even keep up! More than half of the August mamas have given birth. Someone seems to always be in the hospital Very exciting times!!!

Post # 235
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Sorry to be late on updating… Baby girl arrived Sunday Aug 24 after a long labor (my water broke Friday night, didn’t progress, basically got induced Saturday). I’m so in love with her my heart could explode. Not posting pics for privacy reasons, but she is so beautiful. She looks like her daddy! She’s such a sweet baby. 

Post # 236
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

<div>
<div>
<div>

TaurianDoll:  kate02121:  LoLo0113:  rustic0820:  littlebee3:

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful babies ladies! And any other Mamas I may have missed, big congrats to you ladies too!

</div>
</div>
</div>

blondie_bride:  Hope your Caesarian birth went well and that you and baby are recovering and getting some rest! 

I was going to write a separate post for my daughter’s birth story, but it’s not too long! Basically, I labored at home for over 15 hours, then went into hospital when my contractions were less than 5 minutes apart. I labored overnight for another 12 hours at the hospital, but I was only 5cm in the morning and my water hadn’t broken on it’s own. I had really wanted a natural birth, but after nearly 30 hours of labour (all in my back, ugh), I was absolutely exhausted.

My Obs said it was time to intervene- and thank GOODNESS. She broke my waters, got the Anaesthetist to give me an epidural, started the pitocin (syntocinon) drip, and suddenly I was like a new woman! Only three hours later baby flew out after just 3 pushes! I actually had to have a manual extraction of my placenta after daughter was born because one piece wouldn’t come out. Had I NOT had an epidural, my obs said she would have had to take me to the operating room because it’s an emergency and too painful to have someone elbow deep in your vajajay without anaesthetic. Luckily, I just stared at our beautiful baby girl and didn’t feel a thing while my obs just kept saying “are you OK?” over and over! I was like, “yeah, whatever you need to do keep going!” I was completely oblivious and in heaven looking at our daughter! 

To anyone hoping to have a natural labour, definitely recommend trying your best but don’t be closed minded to intervention. I DID have a natural labour (30 hours of it!), but at the end I pretty much had everything I thought would ruin my birth experience- epidural, pitocin, IV fluids- and honestly, I feel that those interventions saved me and my baby! The last 3 hours of my labour were the happiest and best part! Still glad I laboured on my own though and definitely did a lot of the hard work on my own, still on a high from birth experience and so so so grateful for our daughter and for the great guidance of my Obs and the medical care available to us. Good luck and labour dust to all the remaining August Mamas!

Post # 237
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

salmonofmarriage:  I had a similar experience- hoped for a quick natural labor, ended up with Pitocin and an epidural due to my situation. I delivered her 33 hours after my water broke, so it’s truly a miracle I didn’t have a c section or infection. I wouldn’t change any decisions I made, I’m glad I tried to labor naturally but also was able to receive fantastic medical care to deliver my healthy baby girl (Who I’m nursing right now!) 

Post # 238
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I can’t believe it, but Trip is finally here!! He came august 27 (exactly one week late) weighing 8 lb 10 oz and 20 inches long. He is an absolute dreamboat!  His daddy and I are officially obsessed with him!

Post # 239
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  Congratulations, mama!!  Can he be any more perfect?  I’m so happy for you!  

Post # 240
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

littlebee3:  Well done you! Thats a really loooong time after your waters broke! So glad you and baby girl are doing well. Hope nursing continues to go smoothly! I also feel fortunate that so far (fingers crossed and touching wood right now) nursing has gone well. Was dreading that because my closest friend had terrible mastitis and had to be admitted to hospital for IV antibiotics and ended up formula feeding (which changed her life- she loved the formula and really made everything better). 

cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  CONGRATULATIONS! He is gorgeous. Look at those cheeks! Enjoy every minute!

Any other August Mamas have crazy hormonal swings the week after the birth? I am SO fortunate that my Mom was able to travel and has spent the past 3 weeks with me- honestly saved me! I felt so on edge and crazy for the first week! Hope everyone doing well!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors