(Closed) August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 241
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Only 3 babies left to be born in our facebook group!!! And only 3 days left of August….:)

Post # 242
3823 posts
Honey bee

salmonofmarriage:  Thank you and congratulations to you!! Nursing has gone well for me too. I think it helps that I have some valuable resources like the book, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and some great lactation consultants for me to reach out to. I also use kellymom dot com for a quick reference when needed.

My hormones + exhaustion = edgy and kind of emotional.

I definitely had the baby blues 4 days after delivery. I cried like 8 times that day and remembered how some of my friends with kids told me about it. They said to talk to someone – anyone if I start to feel down.

I’m much better now. Just tired and yes, edgy. I’m trying my best not to bark orders at my husband when he gets home. It’s taking us some time to adjust to the realness of having a baby now that the newness and celebratory atmosphere is wearing off.

Post # 243
3823 posts
Honey bee

cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  Awww! Congratulations! What an adorable baby! Those cheeks are so kissable! LOVE! 🙂

Post # 244
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

TaurianDoll:  Thanks a mil! Can’t believe this journey of pregnancy and waiting to be Moms is coming to a close- it feels so surreal that we are Moms! Baby blues are terrible- I was more on edge and anxious than tearful, but was good to have my own Mom to act normal and just reassure me- glad you are feeling better and hope you have friends and fellow new mothers to chat too! Of course we are all “here” on Weddingbee too!

I hear you about trying not to bark at your husband! I am making a solid effort because obviously it is stressful for both new parents! I think now things are starting to feel more “day-to-day” normal as opposed to celebratory- like you said! And it’s a massive adjustment. Hope your daughter is letting you get some sleep! Mine certainly isn’t! She’s a sweet baby though- but she just has no idea when day or night is and has no routine yet. 

Post # 245
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

All but one baby is left to be born from our fbook group! So bittersweet

Post # 246
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow that poor one person left to deliver!  The Septemeber group has seven babies confirmed so far, with another we’re waiting to hear about.  

Post # 247
8439 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

My babies are finally here!  They came slightly early (08/26/14), but I was able to avoid any NICU time 🙂  I’m still recovering from my C-section and trying to breastfeed, so I’ll post my birth story and a few more pics when things get settled.  Congrats to all the ladies and their beautiful babies on this thread!

Post # 248
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

housebee:  congrats!!!!!

Post # 250
3823 posts
Honey bee

housebee:  how adorable!!! Congratulations!!!

Post # 251
3823 posts
Honey bee

Ok, yes my baby is 3 weeks old today but I just want to share her pro pics. 🙂

Post # 252
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

TaurianDoll:  aww she’s gorgeous! Hi Sydney!

Post # 253
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

housebee:  congrats!!! Look at them snuggling each other, so cuteee!!!

TaurianDoll:  beautiful pics!!

how is everyone loving mommyhood? What would you say is the hardest part so far? For me, I’m still adjusting to lack of sleep. Baby girl is 5 weeks old, which means it’s been 5 weeks since I have slept more than 3 hours in a row. I have periods through out the day where I am fine, and them WHAM, exhaustion hits. 

The best part is the amazing snuggle time with baby and having her hold on to me like I’m the only thing she needs in the world!!! 

Post # 254
1783 posts
Buzzing bee

Pink Asawa:  I am so in love with being a mommy!!!! The lack of sleep is hardest for me as well; the night feedings are killing me!! I went to visit my parents this past weekend and my mom felt so bad for my lack of sleep; she offered for Chloe to sleep in their room for the night! I gave her some pumps bottles, diapers & wipes, and wheeled her bassinet into my parents’ room, which allowed me to have seven hours of uninterrupted sleep! It was the most sleep I’ve gotten in 8 weeks! Amazing! 

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors