(Closed) August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 256
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Chelwilly:  7 hours of uninterrupted sleep sounds like the best gift ever!!!! wow!

Post # 257
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

Done and done. The last August baby has been born!!! This chapter is closed. Well done mamas, enjoy motherhood!!!!! I’ve enjoyed spending this journey with all of you!

Post # 258
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

TaurianDoll:  yes it was!! I was so alert and productive the next day. Too bad every night can’t be like that, lol! 

Post # 259
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Chelwilly:  what an amazing journey it has been, and incredible to share in it with everyone. Now on to the next chapter of motherhood and thank goodness we still have each other for support and advice!

Post # 260
3823 posts
Honey bee

now that sydney is on a schedule, i’m getting about 6.5 hours of sleep (all interrupted). putting her on a schedule takes a LOT of concentration and a lot of work. she and i both cried about it in the beginning but it’s for the best. i can get more sleep and we feel more confident about her feeding times, and making sure she’s getting enough sleep.

on a good day, she gets two significant 2-hr naps during the day, and mini naps whenever she just falls asleep on her own (without swaddling, rocking, etc). she nurses every 2 hrs during the day and every 3 hrs at night. this is the hardest job i’ve ever had. i’ve never worked so hard in my entire life and i’ve done a lot in my life (hourly jobs, college, endurance sports, technical career) but this requires patience, endurance, creativity, time management, physical strength (she’s getting heavy and it would be great if she could support her own head!), ingenuity, and more.

i’m grateful each day that we’re all still standing but always on the look out for the weekend when Darling Husband can stay home with me and give me a break and keep me company.

Post # 262
8439 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Chelwilly:  kate02121:  TaurianDoll:  Pink Asawa:  Thanks ladies, it’s been crazy since they got here, but I’ve never been happier.  I definitely agree that night feedings are brutal, but I’m working on tandem nursing, so hopefully the next few weeks will be better 🙂

Post # 263
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

Remember when we were all pregnant?…………………………..

Post # 264
342 posts
Helper bee

Has it really almost been 4 months?!?

Post # 266
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

LoLo0113:  where is time going?! Baby girl was in her jolly jumper today looking so big! I can’t take it!

Post # 267
342 posts
Helper bee

I’m assuming that no one will actually read this, but just in case… Can we get an update on the moms and kiddos that aren’t in the facebook group? I need something to occupy my time until my due date for #2 in THREE WEEKS!!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mamas Part 9 – We're almost there!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors