(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 4

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What symptoms have you had so far?
    Nausea / morning sickness : (37 votes)
    14 %
    Fatigue / sleepiness : (45 votes)
    17 %
    Sore / tender / shooting pains in the boobs : (38 votes)
    14 %
    Craving something unusual : (11 votes)
    4 %
    Food aversions : (36 votes)
    14 %
    Acne or greasy skin or hair : (25 votes)
    9 %
    Constipation : (29 votes)
    11 %
    Spotting : (9 votes)
    3 %
    Frequent urination : (36 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 302
    4131 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@Treejewel19:  the doctor checked e box to have them find out he sex, but we’re team green for now. I’m hoping there’s a slip up or it’s really obvious on a later ultrasound πŸ™‚ I want to know, Darling Husband doesn’t πŸ™

@mrssinger321:  I’m a teacher and due August 5. So I’ll be on summer vacation when LO arrives. I’ll have a bit over 3 weeks before school starts back up. I then get 6 weeks paid leave, plus I can take paid leave as long as I use any accrued sick leave I have. So I’ll likely take first quarter off, putting me back at work the first week or so of November. So LO will be around 12 weeks. I could take the whole year off, unpaid, if I wanted, but I don’t want to. 

@housebee:  hi! Welcome! I crochet too! I’m making a blanket at the moment πŸ™‚

@Treejewel19:  you had an amazing shopping trip! I’m really jealous. I’ve lost weight but feel like a fat slob πŸ™‚

Post # 303
    4131 posts
    Honey bee

@kate02121:  I’m doing 40-50oz of water and another 10-12 oz of other (lemonade, the occasional soda, etc). My doctor wasn’t worried at all. Drink what you can drink, but don’t push yourself to drink more than your body wants. 

Post # 304
    1782 posts
    Buzzing bee

@emelee:  I’m actually 5″8 lol!

Post # 305
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@housebee:  wow, Welcome. Those little babies really were meant to be. 

@kate02121:  I’ve been drinking around 50oz of water during the day, plus milk in my cereal, sometimes some peppermint tea, sometimes an extra glass of water before bed. Pre pregnancy I was really good with my water intake but I’ve been struggling lately.

Well, tonight was attempt two at a movie date and unfortunately once again my m/s said ‘ no way’. By next week I’ll be 12 weeks and hopefully can make it out. 

Post # 306
    3314 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Ok, I’m not even going to TRY and catch up!  lol  I’ve been on vacation (still am for 2 more days actually!) but I had to drop in to let you ladies know that….

It’s a GIRL!!!!  Her name is going to be Leandra Michaela and I’m so SO excited!!!!  Am I the first to know gender?

Post # 307
    1782 posts
    Buzzing bee

@dodgercpkl:  yay!! I think you are the first to know! I’m 13 weeks and won’t find out the gender until 20 weeks so I’m super jealous!!

Post # 308
    3314 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@Chelwilly:  I’m 13+2 today.  *grin*  I’m lucky though because my age and high risk status means that insurance pays for doing genetic testing which is how I know!  πŸ™‚

Post # 309
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@dodgercpkl:  congrats! it seems so crazy that us August mamas could know gender already.

i haven’t been keeping up with the boards very much (ever since I joined the FB group, it is just so.much.harder to keep track here). But I just want to say, I love the idea of a “baby binder.” My OCD is all over that haha

Post # 310
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@blondie_bride:  I’m so jealous, share with me! Isn’t it funny how just hearing about something makes you want it?

@Treejewel19:   Your hair is beautiful, and good for you for styling it every day. πŸ™‚ I wrap my hair high in a round bun when its wet and then take it down so it has natural curls and body…I can’t bother to do much more than that unless it’s the weekend!

Lets eat pancakes together and talk about hair.

@housebee:  What an amazing story! Congrats. πŸ™‚

@dodgercpkl:  Wow congrats!!! A girl!!! So exciting. πŸ™‚ And her name is beautiful.

@Pink Asawa:  I hope you can make it to a movie soon and enjoy a big bucket of popcorn without any nausea.

Post # 311
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

A few of you have mentioned getting compliments about looking good…I swore I’d been looking puffy and icky, but someone (that doesn’t know I’m pregnant) actually told me I was glowing the other day!

Do you guys believe the pregnant glow is a true phenomenon? I hope it is!

Post # 312
    103 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@dodgercpkl:  A girl!!!!!!!!! so exciting!!!!! how precious – I can’t believe you know already! Does it make it seem more “real” to know the gender?

@housebee:  Wow twins!! two sets of twins on our board!

Post # 313
    Hostess
    11165 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

@dodgercpkl:  Congrats!!!! So happy for you!

@jasn:  I am glad my baby binder is appreciated, Darling Husband thought I was crazy. Seriously though in flipping through it today it made things a lot more clear. I also printed out a calendar and put notes on each month of what I needed to do, book, take care of which really makes the big overwhelming list of things look a lot more manageable. 

@Evie19:  Girl you name the time and place and I am there, with a bib. And thank you!

Post # 314
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Treejewel19:  Ok, when you guys all come visit me in Greece, I will make a big batch of pancakes for all of us and our babies! πŸ™‚

@dodgercpkl:  Just out of curiosity…were you hoping for a girl? πŸ™‚

Ladies, after MUCH research, I’ve made a list of all necessary baby items. If anyone would like me to share it through PM, let me know.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors