(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 4

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What symptoms have you had so far?
    Nausea / morning sickness : (37 votes)
    14 %
    Fatigue / sleepiness : (45 votes)
    17 %
    Sore / tender / shooting pains in the boobs : (38 votes)
    14 %
    Craving something unusual : (11 votes)
    4 %
    Food aversions : (36 votes)
    14 %
    Acne or greasy skin or hair : (25 votes)
    9 %
    Constipation : (29 votes)
    11 %
    Spotting : (9 votes)
    3 %
    Frequent urination : (36 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 482
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@kenziemt:  yeah my boss just responded to my email and said that i could take FMLA leave too. the unpaid leave option does not appeal to me. i make twice as much as my husband so we rely on my salary big time.

i’m going to ask some of the other moms in my office if they worked from home. i’m sure they did. this job can really be done at home. i’m no longer physically working with my boss (also known as my work mom) so the work i’m doing now is a little different.

Post # 483
    381 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Hi everyone! I’ve been following along on the threads for awhile now, but didn’t want to jump in quite so soon because of first trimester fear, I’m almost out of the woods at 10 weeks and I’m bursting to chat about the pregnancy so hi! I love how active the August group is so early in our journeys! I’m due on August 28th and I feel like I have had every typical pregnancy symptom that there is to have! This is our first, and was a bit of a surprise!

It’s great to read about all the potential names and methods of letting family and friends know the big news. I’ve let my in-laws know and just a few close friends, I don’t think we’ll go the facebook route, I’m thinking that letting it trickle out is a better way about it for us.

Congratulations to everyone!! I look forward to getting to know everyone and be a part of the August momma group! 

Post # 484
    493 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@kate02121:  I can do the board if no one else claimed it.  I feel pretty positive about things! 🙂

Post # 486
    4131 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@seattlemeg:  hi! Welcome!!!

@TaurianDoll: I get 6 weeks of paid leave then I can take whatever sick leave I have banked. I have like 12-13 weeks saved up but I won’t take all of it. I’m a teacher so I’ll probably take off 1st quarter (basically through the first week of November). So the first 2-3 weeks is summer vacation and I’m not paid so I just get that off. Then I get 6 weeks which will take me until the first week of October. Then I’ll take 4-5 weeks of my sick leave to cover the rest of the time. Then I still have time left for when baby gets sucks or if we decide to have another. 

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 4’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors