(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 5!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What kind of maternity leave do you get?

PAID!

UNPAID!

0-4 Weeks

4-6 Weeks

6-8 Weeks

8-12 Weeks

12-16 Weeks

16-20 Weeks

20-30 Weeks

• Post # 227
    1018 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  So now that your doc knows of your rare blood, are they going to explore options for the shot with you?

… how exactly do they find out the baby’s blood type? (do i want to know?)

Post # 228
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

just made the appointment to find out our baby’s gender. march 13 is a very important day. it’s also a big day for DH and i. we sit for our change of status interview for DH to get his green card. it’s a big big day!

Post # 229
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @Pink Asawa:  i like the idea of doing an intimate dinner with a cake cutting and a video. sounds like fun! and probably a great way for DH and i to share with facebook…we haven’t done that yet.

Post # 230
    1811 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  I feel ya, she sounds like she has to be the center of attention. Boy is she in for a shock when everyone pays attention to her kid instead!

Post # 231
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll:  wowwwwwww the countdown is on!! And advance congrats to your DH! 

Post # 232
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @blondie_bride:  Well since I am AB+ they aren’t really concerned. I think if you are negative then they explore the possiblity of the shot. At this point I am rare but nothing to be worried about.

I would imagine that the special DNA tests they do now would tell the baby’s blood type but I’m not sure.

View original reply
    @kate02121:  Wow that is a great option, thanks for sharing. I will probably end up having two or three showers with the way things are going to we are going to need an epic registry.

We have been gifted the entire nursery set (barely used) and my aunt is picking up some of the items this weekend. We will take a few trips to bring the rest up from Southern California. It is going to be so surreal to have a crib in our house!

Post # 233
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @TaurianDoll:  Yay yay! Big appointment! I can’t believe the group is going to start finding out genders so soon (or have already started!). 

I told my boss today. It went about 10x better than I imagined! I was all prepared with numbers and schedule issues all the way out through the end of the year, and she basically was just really excited for me and wanted to chat about how I was feeling and the pregnancy. She encouraged me to work from home whenever I needed, to cancel trips and ask her to substitute if it gets later in the pregnancy and I determine I don’t feel well enough to go on a planned trip, told me not to worry about being out of work for doctor’s appointments….the she mentioned getting excited to plan my shower. It was so great. 

I feel so relieved. I asked her to keep it to herself until next week when my bloodwork is back, at that point I’ll be a lot more free with the information. 

Post # 235
    17 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I booked my gender scan today. March 20! I could barely hear the lady towards the end of the conversation because of a bad connection. I asked if there was anything i needed to do i.e have a full bladder…it was very muffled and all i heard was “cold”. I did a little research and saw having something cold to drink sometimes makes the baby move…but that didnt answer the bladder question, does it need to be full?…does anyone know?

Post # 236
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  Lucky girl with all the love and showers for you! And the gifted nursery set!! Wow! 

View original reply
    @emelee:  I don’t disagree. I love the functionality of the site…but I’m not the one buying gifts for me, now am I? Haha I will have to assess the people who will be buying gifts and see if it makes sense. For now, it’s a great tool to track what I like. 

Post # 237
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @kate02121:  Wow I am so incredibly happy for you! And insanely jealous. I am still hiding it over here and I am terrified at how my boss will take it. Here’s hoping all bosses are amazing as yours! It must feel so good to have everything all worked out. Congrats!

View original reply
    @cityowl:  Okay I’m going to tell you what I learned at my NT US. They told me to have a full bladder (24-32 oz) but when I got there I was ready to explode and had to dance in the waiting room until my name was called while staring at people coming in and out of the bathroom (I hated them). When I laid down ready to pop and fearing any pressure on my abdomen they quickly realized that when they say full bladder this becomes a problem. The bladder then fills the entire US screen and they can’t see much else! So they made me pee and empty my bladder, wrong! Then my bladder was so small and empty that the baby had loads of curves and places to hide so it took 90 minutes to get what they needed.

Moral of the story, drink one and only one water bottle full of water (16 ounces). This will leave your bladder mostly full and full enough to be hydrated and keep the baby where it should be. If they tell you otherwise say okay but don’t over do it!

As for the cold drink try some juice. OJ right before an appointment is like baby crack and the little peanut will put on quite a show.

Post # 238
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    @kate02121:  congrats on the great reaction from your boss!!!

AFM: I (FINALLY) have my first ultasound appointment tomorrow at 13+1. I am SO SO nervous. I have been plugging along in this pregnancy with only my symptoms and positive blood work to really tell me that I am pregnant and everything is ok. I’m trying to be optimistic in front of DH because I should have no reason to worry, but I am secretly so scared that something/anything could be wrong. I’ll be holding my breath until this time tomorrow when my appointment starts and I see my babe. If all goes well, we will start spreading the news this valentines day!

Post # 239
    103 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  lol that OJ is like baby crack 🙂 🙂 

Post # 240
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  LOL to baby crack!! I am sure your meeting with your boss will be fine. You work for a small company, and you have a really important job there. As long as you lay it all out and give them no reason to think you can slack off, then did they really not expect this to come? Ever? I bet it will go fine, and you’ll be just as relieved as me to have it done with.

I was literally shaking on my way into the meeting room, teeth chattering and everything (it was over the phone – my boss is remote). To be fair to me, it’s cold in the office, but not THAT cold haha. 

View original reply
    @Pink Asawa:  I’ve said it before, but I seriously don’t know how you’ve kept your composure so well. You have the patience of a saint. I really do think that everything with you will be more than fine – you’ve had a textbook pregnancy with all of your terrible symptoms, your belly is growing, you’re right that you have no real reason to be concerned, but I think we all understand anyway. You will be fine!!! I am so, so excited for your update. 

Post # 241
    312 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @cityowl:  The mostly full bladder also helps make the sonogram clearer as the waves go through liquid more easily than body tissue.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 5!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors