(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 5!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What kind of maternity leave do you get?
    PAID! : (15 votes)
    31 %
    UNPAID! : (11 votes)
    22 %
    0-4 Weeks : (0 votes)
    4-6 Weeks : (5 votes)
    10 %
    6-8 Weeks : (6 votes)
    12 %
    8-12 Weeks : (4 votes)
    8 %
    12-16 Weeks : (4 votes)
    8 %
    16-20 Weeks : (3 votes)
    6 %
    20-30 Weeks : (1 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 333
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@TaurianDoll:  this is beautiful, and your bump is super cute!!!

Post # 335
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

@TaurianDoll:  Fantastic way to spread the news! Cute bump. πŸ™‚

Post # 336
    1060 posts
    Bumble bee

We told DH’s family last night and it went great! Everyone is so excited for us! It’s such a relief that all our family knows, now we can start to break the news to friends!

Post # 338
    3314 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

@LoLo0113:  It’s tough!!  I’m 36DDD when NOT pregnant, and all of my bras are showing extra hills on the edges now.  >.<  I HATE shopping for bras without getting to try them on!!  I’m down to one bra that works o.k. and that’s pretty much it.  πŸ™  I’m the same way on getting full fast.  I’m definitely not finishing portions that I would have prior to pregnancy.  BUT I do eat more often as well!

@emelee:  I’ve got a fb page for people to follow my pregnancy (because of my IF and loss journey, I didn’t want to put anything on my regular page), and I’ve posted a couple of front shots of my bump, and the ONLY comments I get are “DAMN!  Your tata’s are AMAZING/huge/etc!!

As for upcoming appointments, I just had one with my endocrinologist, but also have a regular OB appointment on Tuesday, followed by a high risk OB appointment the tuesday following to check cervical length.  πŸ™‚

@kate02121:  No snow here in So Cal for me, but I had a wonderful Valentines day!!  Congrats on 13 weeks and 2nd tri!!!

@Pink Asawa:  YAY!!!  That’s awesome that you had a great Valentine’s Day u/s!!  

@patchie:  Mine’s at 20 weeks as well, or maybe even 21 weeks.  Luckily, I already know the gender though!!  I announced on fb too.  I’m excited and wanted to share the news with everyone!  πŸ™‚

@cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  Awwww!! I LOVE that sweet baby shot!!!  So perfect!  I’m glad to hear everything went amazing!!

@Chelwilly:  You have an adorable bump!!!  Mine is still 2 bumps (one is my upper belly pudge), but they are starting to merge now, so hopefully my bump will look similar to yours soon!!

@Evie19:  I’ve not had huge issues with food, but I have gained about 10 pounds so far.  I’m at 16 weeks on Monday.  Oh and I started at overweight as well (bmi was 26.5 I think).

@TaurianDoll:  Aww!  So cute!  I love it!!

That’s me at 15 weeks, I’ll do my 16 week one on Tuesday or Wednesday.  πŸ™‚

This is the front shot that’s gotten me so many comments about my ladies lately:

Post # 339
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@dodgercpkl:  Your bumb is so cute, and your “ladies” look great! πŸ™‚

Post # 341
    2239 posts
    Buzzing bee

I need to post a bump update!  Everyone is looking great!  Been without a computer the past few days.  I can’t wait for our 16 week appt coming up at the end of February.  I know they’ll do the doppler again and give us our 20 week ultrasound info for the place we’ve gotta go.  Aside from that I dunno what else is going down.  I asked but I surely don’t remember…anyone else been feeling spacey as heck?  

Post # 343
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@dodgercpkl:  Great shots, and I agree with your friends, your gals look fab :). I don’t have huge boobs – normally a 34C, but when my husband told his one aunt we were pregnant, she said “I knew it! Either she got a boob job or was pregnant.” Haha, if only my husband was allowed to enjoy them. 

@SuperDuperBrit:  Ah we still haven’t had the doppler yet! I’ve seen the baby’s heartbeat but am so excited to finally hear it! I’ve been a little spacey the whole pregnancy – forgetting what I was doing when walking into a room (more than usual), I’ve left the stove on a couple of times (luckily my husband caught it every time…that’s a serious one), things like that…I’ve just started using my phone more to track lists and things to remember and that seems to be working okay. 

Post # 344
    3081 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

What’s everyone doing about nail polish? I just realized how badly in need of paint my toenails are, but haven’t done anything about it yet. I usually do my own pedicures…thoughts?

Post # 345
    253 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

@kate02121:  I’ve painted my nails a couple of times since I have been pregnant. From what I read on my What to Expect app, it seems fine. I probably will avoid nail salons because the fumes are so strong (and I go to them once or twice a year anyways – too expensive for me!). My SIL, who is also pregnant, told me certain polishes are preferable – not sure why? One of them is Essie, which is what I usually use already. 

By the way, SIL announced today that they’re having a boy! πŸ™‚ I’m even more eager to find out about ours now! 

Post # 346
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper

@kate02121:  I know this is bad, but I’ve painted my nails twice so far with CND Vinylux polish- a kind of shellac, long lasting nail polish.

But i wear a surgical mask while I do it…I guess I should run that past my doc!

My aunt has someone who comes to the house to do nails, so maybe that’s a better option than going to a salon with all the fumes.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 5!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors