(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What have you purhased so far for baby?

Crib / Bassinet

Stroller / Carseat

Clothing

Toys / Stuffed animals

Blankets and other cozy wraps

Nursery Decor Items

Essentials - diapers, creams etc

Other

Nothing Yet!

• Post # 226
    381 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
    rustic0820: Congrats on telling work, I thought it would be awkward, but everyone is so excited and supportive. I love that bag! I’ve started looking for a great unisex one, and that is gorgeous! 

So many anatamy scans coming up! I’m still 5 weeks away and I can’t wait. 

Post # 228
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Hello ladies! Not to be Too Much Information but has anyone else had a problem with yeast infections? I have never had them until I got pregnant and now I have had 2! My doc said some people are just more prone to them when they are preggo, it is sooo annoying! One of my coworkers that is pregnant said she takes pb8 (I think it’s a pro biotic) has anyone heard of this or does anyone use it. I know eating more yogurt is supposed to be good but that does not sound appealing at all right now.

Post # 229
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    rustic0820:  I’m loving that one, too! Just the style I’m going for….have you seen it in person yet?

Post # 230
    1811 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

Woohoo I can finally sign in! Just wanted to post a quick update! Yesterday’s appointment went really well. Baby sounded great and I’ve finally started gaining weight! Also I got blood work done for the last time until the glucose test! No more needles!!! My next appointment is the anatomy scan on April 3rd!!!!! 

Post # 231
    493 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    rustic0820:  Cute!  This one is my fave so far:

Post # 232
    5 posts
    Newbee

Oh that’s a cute diaper bag!

I’m new here! Can I join?  My EDD is 8/17 so I’m sitting in the middle of 16 weeks.

This is our first.  I haven’t bought anything for bebeh yet because

a) we’re in the process of buying a house so we have nowhere to put extra “stuff” and <br />b) I’m not exactly superstitious, but it still seems so surreal and I’m not ready to collect/purchase for the little one

However, I have a pretty well loaded registry on amazon and my pinterest board is finally set to public so I’m getting there.

Post # 233
    86 posts
    Worker bee

View original reply
    kate02121:  No not yet, I’m hoping to go on a bit of a baby shopping spree this weekend 🙂

Post # 234
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    Mrs.Tankini:  Welcome! I tagged Pink Asawa:  so she sees this and can add you to the list! You’re just under a week ahead of me (8/22). I’ve barely bought anything for the baby yet, either. I’ve just been hesitant for some reason, not sure why!

Post # 235
    5 posts
    Newbee

I saw there is a little survey I should answer on page 1. Planning to find out the gender?  Nope! DH and I are in agreement with this. Latest cravings?  None, really. In the 1st trimester it was refried beans and cinnamon bagels with cream cheese.   What changes have you notice in second tri so far (mood, body, etc)?  I’m kinda sorta starting to show.  My boobs aren’t as sore now.  I have way more energy than 1st tri, that’s for sure.\ What are your nursery decor ideas?  Neutrals!  I have some hippo items from Target’s Dwell line, which I bought years ago.  Something like this but a little more beige/yellows/greens and no aqua:  Source: http://www.kristen-holly.com/2011/01/23/26-weeks-designing-the-nursery/ I hope the pic isn’t huge. I’m still not used to this message format.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  Mrs.Tankini.
    Post # 236
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
    Sweetheartirish:  so i haven’t been diagnosed with one, but i have a sneaking suspicion that it might be what has been bothering me this last week. i had one about 10 years ago that was undiagnosed for almost a whole year because my symptoms weren’t typical (i get a burning feeling randomly and not all the time after peeing). i’ve been trying to be good and eating a yogurt almost every day, but if it’s what i have, then i’m not sure they’re helping. i might ask my dr. about taking a probiotic (i’ve read they’re safe for pregnant women) just in case that’ll help me get this under control. plus probiotics are good because they’ll help keep you regular. haha.

Post # 237
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Had to go in for an emergency appointment yesterday. Don’t worry! Everything was fine. I had some bleeding but it was non-baby related. Well when the nurse did the ultrasound with the handheld machine, we heard the baby kicking!!!!

And just moments ago, I felt it! It felt like a rumble in the lower area. I thought it was gas at first, but no! I felt a floaty feeling and then a rumble. Then another rumble. So exciting! I told my husband and he’s so excited. This is really cool!

Post # 238
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  Glad everything’s okay! That’s awesome about hearing kicks! Still haven’t felt any movement yet, but DH keeps asking.

Post # 239
    29 posts
    Newbee

Just wondering, has anyone had any heart palpatations lately? I’ve been getting them a lot more lately, which I read could be normal due to the increased amount of blood and how much harder our hearts have to work. The doctor said they were normal enough but did some more bloodwork to recheck my thyroid, but it still worries me. :/

Post # 240
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  So glad everything’s OK! And it’s wonderful you started feeling the baby move. I am wondering if it’s hard to know whether the feeling is gas or whether it’s really the baby!

View original reply
    BlissfulBerry0813:  Yes, now and then I get very strong heart palpitations. It’s a little unnerving, but eventually it goes away. Sometimes it makes me feel like I’m anxious, even though I’m not. It’s weird!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors