(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What have you purhased so far for baby?

Crib / Bassinet

Stroller / Carseat

Clothing

Toys / Stuffed animals

Blankets and other cozy wraps

Nursery Decor Items

Essentials - diapers, creams etc

Other

Nothing Yet!

• Post # 241
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  O wow, scary time turned into something amazing! So glad you got to feel the baby. I’m working from home today and plan to spend some time just laying quietly and seeing if I can feel him/her. I don’t spend enough time just being quiet really. I swore I felt the baby once last week, but haven’t had a repeat yet!

View original reply
    BlissfulBerry0813:  I’ve read that that is totally normal! I don’t really get palpitations so much as I always, always feel my heart beating throughout my body. It’s very annoying and can be pretty unnerving. 

View original reply
    Mrs.Tankini:  Yay! Another team greener :). I love your nursery decor ideas. 

Post # 242
    3823 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    Evie19:  I can see how a person can think it’s gas. It feels like a little pressure and then movement…but the expelling of it never comes. lol

Post # 243
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    kate02121:  yeah it’s certainly not consistent. i sit completely still at my desk at work so the chances of feeling the baby here are greater.

Post # 244
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

I have a confession to make.

DH is SUPER strict when it comes to my diet. If I’m around him and I order iced tea, he cuts me off and asks “uh, does that have caffeine in it? yes? well she will have water.” It’s infuriating. And he used to “allow” a small tea cup of coffee once a week, but two weeks ago he said he didn’t want me drinking any coffee at all throughout the rest of the pregnancy.

My confession: I drink a small cup of coffee once a week at work.

There… I said it. I finally told someone and I feel a little better. I mean, I’m an adult. I can self govern…myself. Right?  It’s not like I’m eating cheetos all day (no offense to the ladies who currently crave cheetos) or drink mountain dew all day. It’s one small cup of coffee. I even cut out the fancy creamers to reduce the sugar intake. I’m not a bad person, am I?

(and yes, I’m looking for validation lol)

Post # 247
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  O you are a better wife than me! I would just give my husband a death stare if he tried to monitor what I’m eating haha! Seriously though, I’m the way more careful one of the two of us so this hasn’t come up…we asked a million questions of my doctor about diet first appointment (including coffee, wine, cravings, etc.) and I think based on her answers he became really relaxed and encourages me to eat what I want to eat, obviously within reason. 

That said, you are NOT a bad person for having a small cup of coffee ONCE a week! Goodness, you’re like superwoman. I’m not a huge coffee or caffeine drinker but when I want one I have one. Do not stress about it or feel bad about it at all! We go through so much in these pregnancies that we need to indulge from time to time, and research shows that we can safely consume at least 200 mg of caffeine a day, which is more than that little cup you’re enjoying!

View original reply
    Pink Asawa:  Yay for feeling the baby! Your husband sounds so sweet, I love moments like that. When mine left last night (for those of you not in the FB group, my husband left last night for 2+ weeks and I’m whiny about it) he gave my belly a big kiss and talked to the baby so adorably. Needless to say I sobbed. My weekend plans are getting the house in order, heading down to my sister’s for the day tomorrow, and relaxing on Sunday. I’m looking forward to it!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  .
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by  .
    Post # 248
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    kate02121:  i think that i relate most to what you said about “indulging”. we do go through a lot during pregnancy and to me, coffee is my little “retreat” that helps me to feel like “the old me” every once in a while. my little escape…and it gives me a break from the exhaustion that comes with pregnancy. i was dragging by 2 pm yesterday. it’s nice to know that it will not happen again today.

Post # 249
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

Sitting COMPLETELY still at my desk and typing and the baby is gettin’ down in my tummy! I wish I could feel him/her at home but I think I move around too much. I need to get up but I don’t want to!

Post # 250
    1811 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  the only way DH would change my order or tell me not to eat/drink something is if he wanted a swift kick to the nuts. My hormones are nothing to be messed with these days! But, he actually encourages me to do what I feel is ok. He made me coffee this morning, like every morning, though I did switch to only one small cup of half strength half caf. Your one cup of coffee a week makes you a saint in my eyes, I just can’t stand the headaches 🙁

Post # 253
    89 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  that’s crazy. my husband doesn’t even know what i can and can’t eat. he’s constantly asking me if i can have certain types of fish or whatever. i completely avoided caffeine the entire first trimester, but when i started getting daily sinus migraines, i’ve had to drink a really dilute cup (i pour half milk half coffee) to get rid of them. i’d rather drink caffeine than take an aspirin (i’m trying to avoid medication at all costs) and it seems to work. usually within an hour my headache is gone. one of my not so healthy cravings has been chick-fil-a chicken sandwiches and sweet tea. i’m sure that’s probably worse for the baby than just a glass of unsweetened tea! haha.

out of curiosity, why did he change his mind about you drinking anything with caffeine in it?

Post # 254
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    patchie:  he gets paranoid about things… i think he allows his mind to wander off to the worse possible outcome. he nags and then he says “i don’t want it to fall back on you drinking coffee. if you never did it, we wouldn’t have this problem.” i don’t know what problem that would be, but he’s just weird like that.

Post # 255
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  If DH tried to pull that I would glare and if still didn’t get the hint I would feel completely free to punch him. I totally get his good intentions but doesn’t he realize that telling a pregnant woman she can’t have something is risking one’s personal safety?

AFM still no kicking yet, none that I can tell is obviously the baby. I have an appointment today for my final round of blood tests and just a general check up with the doctor. I wonder how much weight I’ve gained! My bump is definitely a bump at this point…too many burritos. 😉

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors