(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What have you purhased so far for baby?

Crib / Bassinet

Stroller / Carseat

Clothing

Toys / Stuffed animals

Blankets and other cozy wraps

Nursery Decor Items

Essentials - diapers, creams etc

Other

Nothing Yet!

• Post # 256
    1782 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:   My husband tried to help me be strict with my diet for the baby’s sake (I was on a paleo diet before pregnancy and that’s flown way out of the window) but my appetite is SO huge, he just moves out of my way now and questions nothing, lol! I could probabbblyy out eat a sumo wrestler these days

My doctor says a cup of coffee a day is fine, so your one coffee a week is more than fine! Too Much Information but when I feel constipated (amazing pregnancy symptom….note the sarcasm..) I drink half a cup of coffee and it works every time haha!

Post # 257
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    Treejewel19:  lol @ the death stare. yeah i gave him one of those but it didn’t help unfortunately

Post # 258
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    Chelwilly:  haha! your baby is growing!!! hence all of the eating. what a great thing!! and coffee totally helps with…that. lol

Post # 259
    16 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    kate02121:  what is the fb group? Is it called the same thing? (August 2014 mommas)

Post # 260
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    Sweetheartirish:  Hey! It’s a secret one, meaning our fb friends can’t see we’re part of it or read what we say. You’re more than welcome to join…just send me a PM with your email address and I will send you an invite that way. 

Post # 261
    381 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
    TaurianDoll:  You should not feel guilty! It’s not crack! While this is anecdotal and you should consult with your doctor, I have a very good friend who IS a doctor she has a cup of coffee everyday. She’s having her second baby and her first was as healthy as could be with the same habit.

Post # 262
    381 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

Has anyone started looking into daycare? My husband was talking with a co-worker and she said that her one big peice of advice was to start getting on waitlists now, even if we’re not sure what our plan is after “maternity leave” (I’m a contractor and I’m undecided on if I’ll start looking for jobs soon after I give birth- I won’t get paid for any time off) 

I just started looking this evening and it’s not easy to find reviews of places, anyone have any advice on picking daycares?

Post # 263
    1782 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    seattlemeg:  I won’t be using a daycare, as my mom is retiring in June and will be watching the baby once DH and I return to work! I worked in the nursery room at daycares throughout college though— I say definitely take facility tours and ask lots of questions. If you know other parents in the area or meet some, ask their opinions and see which places they like as well! I know a lot of parents choose daycares by word of mouth or by riding around the neighborhood and seeing what’s close by. I worked in one of the top private daycares and even then there is still some shadiness going on behind closed doors once the parents leave..There are a lot of daycares that have cameras in the rooms where you can log online throuhgout the day and see webcams of baby– these are great!

Post # 264
    1782 posts
    Buzzing bee

The facebook group ladies have already seen this one, but here is a bump pic! 18w, 4d!

Post # 265
    6065 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
    Chelwilly:  I hate you because you’re beautiful. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

You rock that bump!

Post # 266
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    seattlemeg:  thank you! i’m dragging today. i might sneak in a little cup before my next meeting. shhhh…

Post # 267
    3823 posts
    Honey bee

View original reply
    Chelwilly:  cute! i can’t wait to wear dresses on the weekends. it’s still quite chilly here. i hate all the pants. lol

Post # 268
    3080 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    seattlemeg:  This is ANOTHER thing I have to get on. Yikes I feel so behind! That said, we’re struggling with where to find our daycare. I would prefer that it be near one of our works versus near our home so we can be close in the event of emergency and for pickup and drop off sake, and for our job types (husband is a teacher, I am an account exec who travels a lot) it would make more sense to be near my husband’s work. BUT my husband is in the process of finding a new teaching job so we don’t know where he’ll be come fall. Maybe I should just start looking for places to waitlist ourselves near our house and have that as backup? 

Are you thinking commercial daycare or home-based daycare? I see benefits and drawbacks to each. 

View original reply
    Chelwilly:  Lucky girl with your mom retiring! That’s a great solution. 

Post # 269
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I know I already posted this picture on facebook, but I wasn’t sure if everyone is in both groups. I can’t wait to get the rest of the furniture in the room now! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 270
    318 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

View original reply
    LoLo0113:  Wow!! That’s awesome! Great job.

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 6!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors