(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 7!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 211
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Pink Asawa:  It IS quiet!! I know we get all of our talking out on FB but I loved reading the other month’s pregnancy boards so I hope we at least keep this board active…ESPECIALLY as we get closer to August and the babies start arriving :). Less than half way to go now.

Ahh I think having my husband feel the kicks is one of the best things. It’s so cute. I’ll let him know the baby’s kicking and he drops what he’s doing to come put his hands on my belly. It’s so sweet. I can’t wait to watch him be a dad, and for the first time really (other than our doctors’ appointments), it’s something he can really take part in for this pregnancy. 

Treejewel19:  So in love with your name. No way he’s not going to be one cool little boy. 

BellaDee:  Yay for almost 20 weeks and your anatomy scan!! I loved the chance to see our little one in so much detail. 

TaurianDoll:  That sounds rough! But also kind of funny, no?? πŸ™‚

As for me, we painted our nursery too and are rearranging things and doing a full house clean out to declutter and make room for the baby and baby’s things. I’m 22 weeks on Friday, and still feel great, I have had such a darn lucky pregnancy so far that part of me is still waiting for it to turn!

My complaints are bad acid reflux at night and a constant lower back pain. I also hate that I can’t run as far or as long or work out as hard as I used to, even though the rational part of me knows that it’s ok!

As for our baby’s name, we’ve sort of come to the conclusion that we’re heading into the delivery room with 2-3 names for each gender that we both agree on, then deciding once we meet the baby. 

We’re also researching daycare which has been my least favorite project so far. It sucks to realize that someone else will be caring for my child, and then picking that person out. 

Post # 212
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

kate02121:  uuugh…i forgot that we need to pick a day care.

the crying will be something to look back on and laugh at in the future. i know it will…for now, it’s just embarassing. lol

if you haven’t tried it already, try pre-natal yoga. it really helps my back! love it.

Post # 213
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

What IS the august board for fb btw?  Could someone pm me or post the name and link my name?  lol  I’m SOOOO bad about getting to forums anymore but I’m on fb all the time.  I’m still here.  24w2d now and going great.  πŸ™‚

Post # 215
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

kate02121:  You’re right, it’ll be good for us to post some baby updates on WB and not just on fb! πŸ™‚ I’ll try to check in here more often.

I hope everyone is having a great day today. πŸ™‚ We have off of work Friday and Monday due to Easter, so I’m really looking forward to the 4 day weekend.

Post # 216
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

kate02121:  I HATE researching day care.  I’m finding it super overwhelming to try to pick someone to take care of our son!  My mom is going to be having the baby two days a week so that will help with cost, but we aren’t getting along at the moment and so I’m not very excited about this plan right now.  So stresfful!

Post # 217
8440 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

We found out we’re having two boys!  While we’re really excited, the doctor found that one of our twins has a single umiblical artery.  The good thing is, they did a detailed scan of the baby and found nothing wrong (heart, kidneys, stomach, etc all look good), however we will be going back for follow-ups.  Keeping our fingers crossed for two healthy little ones.  Hope everyone else is doing well πŸ™‚

Post # 218
3081 posts
Sugar bee

housebee:  Ah that’s so exciting! Congrats on your two baby boys. Glad everything seems to be okay with the one. How are you feeling in general? Do you call them “Baby A” and “Baby B” or some other cute way of id’ing them? 

emelee:  That is really stressful. I’m trying to pull a plan together for if my mom even suggests a hint of an offer to provide any sort of long-term child care. I don’t get along with her at all, and will certainly give her access to my child as his/her grandmother but she will not be a central influence, and I will not be “beholden” to her in any way for providing care. I know it will be hard to avoid talking about it as I’ll be seeing her for the holiday this weekend, so I want to have a game plan in place. 

Post # 219
493 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

kate02121:  Ugh that sounds so stressful!  I know my mom would do a great job with our son, she’s a teacher and is excellent with children and I know he’d be safe.  But like you said I don’t want to feel in debt to her for taking care of him.  And it’s possible I’m a little jealous that she would be spending two whole days with him each week that I wish I could!  This whole childcare thing is harder than I anticipated!

Post # 221
8440 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

kate02121:  Well we have names picked out, but we’re still calling them baby A & B until we get to know their little personalities (ultrasound is a fun way to snoop on them lol).

Pink Asawa:  Thanks for the good vibes πŸ™‚  The doctor says that 75%-80% of babies with the condition are born totally normal, plus it happens much more frequently in twin pregnancies.  They just want to keep a close eye on their development, but so far so good!

Post # 222
29 posts
Newbee

I’m 22 weeks today and will finally be having my anatomy scan on Tuesday. We did an early gender scan at 14 weeks but I can’t wait to know for sure! <br /><br />My question is: Has anyone experienced any shortness of breath?<br />I am getting it all the time, it’s worse after I eat a large meal or at night when I’m laying down. I went to the ER since I was also having heart palpitations a while back and they wanted to make sure it wasn’t an embolism. The doctor said that everything looked fine and that the baby typically pushes everything up, including the diaphram which can make breathing harder. I’m now eating much smaller meals and trying to stay in an upright position because it’s a terrible feeling! 

Post # 223
3081 posts
Sugar bee

housebee:  So cute! I’m guessing because you’re having twins you have more ultrasounds, which is great. I’m sure it’s fun to see them interact in there. 

BlissfulBerry0813:  Yep yep yep to the shortness of breath! It doesn’t take much to get me winded at all. Literally just getting up or even laying down gets me there sometimes. Definitely more so after a big meal – I just think there’s way less room in there to function as we normally do. Oddly enough I can still work out just fine – like my breathing isn’t really affected there, but it’s doing every day things that really surprise me when I’m breathing more heavily than I’d expect. 

Post # 224
1782 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I keep forgetting about WB haha I spend all of my time on our FB group!! It looks like we are at 15 pages.. are we ready for a Pt 8 thread already?! Wooohoo!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 7!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors