(Closed) August 2014 Mommas – Part 8!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 91
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
salmonofmarriage:  I just ordered this book! I’m so glad you like it. It was recommended to me by a clinical psychologist.

I agree it helps to approach this new chapter in our lives with lots of positive energy.Everyone’s experience is different and although it’s hard, we can’t let others’ negativity influence us.

View original reply
cant.wait.to.be.mrs.d:  I got the DVD to happiest baby on the block and was going to watch this weekend. 🙂 Do you like the book?

Post # 92
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
Evie19:  I think the DVD is probably the better version. The book is a lot of repetition with nuggets of useable advice about once every 10 pages.

Post # 93
377 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi ladies i just wanted to stop by and let you all know whats been going on since Charlie died. We had 23 blood tests done, we also had karyotyping and a full post-mortem on Charlie and also on the placenta. As many of you know this was our third miscarriage and we were devastated and still are. Its hard to think i should have left work already and been around 30 weeks but i am a firm believer in ‘everything happens for a reason’ and it seems that reason has come to light today. 

We got our results from every test and i had very early onset pre-eclampsia. This is a rare condition that only affects 1% of people (along with the 1% that have recurrent miscarriage and the 1% that have a miscarriage after 12 weeks – i dont have much luck when it comes to pregnancy!!) I honestly had never heard of this condition affecting anybody this early but i had it with my son and therefore was already high risk to get the illness again so its not a huge surprise. 

The bleeding i had in early pregnancy was caused by this as the placenta wasnt attached properly and apparently this would only have gotten worse as the pregnancy continued. I could have hemorraged at any point or i could have developed eclampsia which is a life threatening condition and it is likely that neither me nor Charlie would have survived. This, to me, is why Charlie had to grow his wings. He knew that i had Jack to take care of and that i would heal in time. He is with me everyday and I love and miss him all the time. 

We just got the go ahead to start ttc again so i will be jumping on my DH tonight! lol. Look out for me on the boards i hope to be in a march/april 2015 babies thread but whatever happens i will get there. I have to take a higher dose of folic acid (5g) and a baby aspirin (75mg) along with a prenatal every day (aspirin only from when i get that positive test) so im really hopeful that this will work and i will get my rainbow baby. 

Good luck ladies i hope to see all of your precious babies soon!! Not long to go!! 

Post # 95
3081 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
bouncybee:  We miss you so much! You really have been through the wringer with all of those tests, but I am SO glad that you have some answers, and that you are healthy and ready to TTC again. I think about you and little Charlie often. Thanks for the update. Your outlook is amazing. 

I can’t wait to hear your good news on the boards. 

Post # 96
6065 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

View original reply
bouncybee:  It is so so great to hear from you. We are all thinking of you often.

Thank goodness the doctors figured out what was wrong. Your perspective on everything is wonderful and totally right on.

I will be keeping my eye out for you on the boards.

I’m sending you lots of hugs!!

Post # 97
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

bouncybee:  Thank you for checking in, we’ve definitely been thinking about you! I am so happy that you finally have some answers as to what happened, and I’m glad you got the “okay” to TTC again. I too agree with the motto ‘everything happens for a reason’ and I wish you the best of luck with continuing your TTC journey!

Post # 98
1811 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
bouncybee:  I’m glad that you finally have some answers! FX you get your rainbow baby soon!

Post # 99
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
bouncybee:  Sending positive thoughts and rainbow baby dust your way! 

I have a question for you fellow bees- a friend said I look like I had “dropped” today. She might be right- my uterus does seem lower, and I have to the urge to pee often, though thats not totally new! Anyone else feel they have dropped or are dropping? What does it mean? Thanks!

Post # 100
3081 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
salmonofmarriage:  I don’t think this is what you’re looking for, but I looked at my belly in the mirror this morning and thought my belly looked way lower….I think it’s just because of the baby’s position at this particular time. 

BUT I know as people get closer to their delivery date, the baby often “drops” to get into position for delivery, however I think it’s probably a little early for that now. I remember one bee, I want to say Danelady, who posted a picture on the bump picture thread where the difference between her belly picture the week before she delivered and the day before she delivered was huge and obvious because the baby had “dropped.”

Post # 102
1060 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
bouncybee:  It’s so nice to hear from you, we’ve all been thinking about you! I’m glad you were able to get some answers, and I’m hopefully that you will get your rainbow baby soon. I’ll definitely be looking out for your on the boards. All the best xo

Post # 103
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
kate02121:  
View original reply
emelee:  Thanks ladies! Yeah definitely waaay too early to be dropping into the pelvis, this bun needs to stay in the oven and bake a bit longer! I do feel like my actual bump is lower though, but I could be crazy.  🙂

Post # 104
3081 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
salmonofmarriage:  I bet you aren’t crazy! Baby may just be more comfortable in a new position that makes your belly seem further down. 

Post # 105
3823 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I’m 31 weeks and 4 days today and I’m well into the third trimester. I’ve been experiencing the worse pain when I sit and when I get up to walk. I looked it up and unfortunately there’s no real technical term for it. Other pregnant women have coined it as evil crotch pain. lol And evil it is!

My entire sitting area and just about everything down there feels like I’ve been riding a bike and a horse for the past 72 hours but I feel like this every single day. It’s not a muscle so it’s nothing I can do about it really except try to sit on soft surfaces. I didn’t want to be a wimpy pregnant lady but I need to buy a small throw pillow to sit on at work because it’s really miserable. I look great but wince whenever I have to move around. It’s caused by the softening and movement of my pelvic floor and all that other good stuff to get ready to pass the baby through.

Other than that, just watching my belly dance all around and finalizing everything for baby!

The topic ‘August 2014 Mommas – Part 8!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors